• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Showing your own games

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

Hi all, new to the forums. I was wondering about where to showcase your own games, if that is allowed? I am a one person game maker.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

It’s a common occurrence here. Generally, the devs who take time to talk about their games and interact with the community in a friendly way are well received. The ones who just post links or copy and pastes of their Steam info, not always so much.
Personally, I don’t mind it—devs posting their games on this page has helped me find a few cool games I otherwise might have missed. And if the developer seems like a nice person who writes well, I’m more inclined to check out their game and support them.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Baron nailed it, if you participate in the forums you will be welcomed. if you treat us as nothing but wallets to fund kickstarters, while throwing out generic buzzwords like classic point and click adventure, my game is the 2nd coming of gabriel knight, monkey island, broken sword etc… then the reception will be icy especially if your game stinks.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 19 September 2022 09:12 PM

if you treat us as nothing but wallets to fund kickstarters, while throwing out generic buzzwords like classic point and click adventure, my game is the 2nd coming of gabriel knight, monkey island, broken sword etc… then the reception will be icy especially if your game stinks.

That’s a pretty harsh presumption of the OP’s motives. Why not just let him do his/her thing before making such desparaging remarks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

No kickstarters or anything like that. No intention to spam or call my games the second coming. One man team, using an older program called Adventure Maker.

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

The premise of my games, which are primarily imaged based; it to escape. However, when you escape, and are the first to do so; you get a crypto reward. In my games, it is the private key; for your reward. There are no strings attached. I am getting older in life and I enjoy doing this. I have 2 games out now, both on ITCH.IO. Each game took me me about 2 years to complete.

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

My third game will be completed by Christmas. You can check me out or not. Just looking for a platform to share my games. Yes, one of my games on Itch has a price. One does not. Try the free one and give me some feed back. I do plan to participate in the forums. Cheers and thanks for the feedback. You may or may not be into crypto, doesn’t matter; my games are a challenge ( I hope so anyway).
http://www.bassmentgames.com

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

rtrooney - 19 September 2022 09:48 PM
Jdawg445 - 19 September 2022 09:12 PM

if you treat us as nothing but wallets to fund kickstarters, while throwing out generic buzzwords like classic point and click adventure, my game is the 2nd coming of gabriel knight, monkey island, broken sword etc… then the reception will be icy especially if your game stinks.

That’s a pretty harsh presumption of the OP’s motives. Why not just let him do his/her thing before making such desparaging remarks.

Not a presumption at all, just a statement. I was purely laying out two different paths. Nothing was disparaging him yet because I do not know his motives, if you re-read my complete statement.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi BassmentGames, I completely agree with…..

Baron_Blubba - 19 September 2022 05:55 PM

It’s a common occurrence here. Generally, the devs who take time to talk about their games and interact with the community in a friendly way are well received. The ones who just post links or copy and pastes of their Steam info, not always so much.

....as it’s an adventure game site after all which wouldn’t exist without games & more importantly the games wouldn’t exist without the developers who make them!

I look forward to you starting a thread for your game(s). (It would be nice though if within the posts members could address a name rather than a ‘company’ name)

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I would be more likely to play these games without the incentive of a reward. I know that winners don’t have to claim rewards, and that the game will be playable even after the rewards have been claimed, but for some reason the idea of playing a computer game to win something just dis-incentivizes me.

You don’t need to pay people to play your game (it should be the other way ‘round) or offer cash rewards for winning. We all do this because playing games is a reward in itself. Bringing in real-world considerations, especially monetary, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This doesn’t seem like it was your direct intention, but I’m sharing my thoughts in hope that they might have constructive value. I frequently market promotions through my businesses, and I have noticed that when something requires too much explanation/comprehension or is overly game-ified, the participation rate diminishes significantly.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

chrissie - 20 September 2022 07:29 AM

Hi BassmentGames, I completely agree with…..

Baron_Blubba - 19 September 2022 05:55 PM

....as it’s an adventure game site after all which wouldn’t exist without games & more importantly the games wouldn’t exist without the developers who make them!

I look forward to you starting a thread for your game(s). (It would be nice though if within the posts members could address a name rather than a ‘company’ name)

Point taken and I have changed my name. Thanks.

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

Baron_Blubba - 20 September 2022 02:18 PM

I would be more likely to play these games without the incentive of a reward. I know that winners don’t have to claim rewards, and that the game will be playable even after the rewards have been claimed, but for some reason the idea of playing a computer game to win something just dis-incentivizes me.

You don’t need to pay people to play your game (it should be the other way ‘round) or offer cash rewards for winning. We all do this because playing games is a reward in itself. Bringing in real-world considerations, especially monetary, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This doesn’t seem like it was your direct intention, but I’m sharing my thoughts in hope that they might have constructive value. I frequently market promotions through my businesses, and I have noticed that when something requires too much explanation/comprehension or is overly game-ified, the participation rate diminishes significantly.

I am a one person game maker, not trying to get rich off the games. I do it purely for fun as I get older in life. I am into crypto and that is why I offer small rewards for players, it is not to con you into playing my game; as most people aren’t into crypto. It was just something I wanted to do. If that offends you, you can pass on the games, no hard feelings.
  My games are not high tech or cutting edge technology, but the do have good mechanics (I hope) and will give the player a few hours of figuring things out. Wish I could figure out unity to make better games, but it is way over my head.
  Anyway, I gotta say; all I wanted to do was join the forums and meet fellow point and click enthusiasts. Didn’t expect to get jumped all over right off the bat. Maybe I went about it the wrong way, and for that I do apologize. Thanks for any positive feedback I was offered. I plan to stay and research the forums for suggestions for great games, if that is ok?
Cheers…Manny from Canada.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Hey Manny,

I certainly was not trying to jump on you. My tone probably got lost in textualization.
I definitely don’t think you’re trying to con anyone into playing your game. The part of my post which you misconstrued to mean that was just me saying ‘you don’t need to pay us to play your games; a good game is intrinsically worth playing.’
And, a little further on, that the idea of offering crypto rewards might confuse some people not familiar with the idea, which will create a barrier to entry—even if one can completely ignore that part of the game.

You seem genuinely invested in your games (no pun intended), and they really seem like a labor of love. That alone is enough to nudge me to give ‘em a try.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I’m personally just wondering if he’s a one person game maker or does he have a team behind him? Tongue

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

Jdawg445 - 20 September 2022 04:39 PM

I’m personally just wondering if he’s a one person game maker or does he have a team behind him? Tongue

Ha!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top