• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Stuff from Gamescom 2022

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

So the first big stream of Gamescom just went down and there were a couple notable adventure game announcements and trailers.

Of course the Monkey Island release date/horse armor stuff is being talked about in the main thread so I’ll skip past that and start with…

New Tales From The Borderlands announcement trailer, along with the release date of October 21st 2022 (which leaked ahead of time). During the stage show Randy Pitchford made sure to mention that there’s some of the original writers coming back to work on this. Could be a way of responding to the overwhelming sentiment I’ve seen on every forum discussing this game, they fear it’ll be ruined by Gearbox’s writing. I guess we’ll see, there is some stuff in the trailer that comes off cringey but Borderlands is always a little cringey. I just replayed Tales From the Borderlands a few days ago and enjoyed it, although I don’t consider it top tier among TellTale’s narrative adventures.

Description from the game’s website:

Under the Waves is a narrative-driven adventure game about the engulfing power of grief. Set in the depths of the North Sea in a techno-futuristic 1970s, professional diver Stan is struggling to overcome a life-changing loss and embrace a new future. The isolation of the deep sea is a fitting manifestation of his state of mind, and as Stan retreads further into his self-imposed solitude, he starts to experience strange events far beneath the waves. Stuck between life and death, Stan will have to make the most significant choice of his existence.

Developed by Parallel Studio and published by Quantic Dream.

We also got a brief behind the scenes style trailer for Telltale’s The Expanse. Gameplay footage is supposedly pre alpha, so it’s no surprise the scenes seem to vary in quality. I do like the look of the game overall, though. Don’t know much about the property their working with but it seems like it could be cool.

There may be more to add from the demos on the show floor as well.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

SuperMassive are kinda cranking em out quick, aren’t they? Looks like they’re updating their choice based formula and adding more exploration and puzzles to this one.

Case of The Golden Idol got a new trailer revealed at the Future Gaming show. This game’s got some interesting and unique puzzle mechanics.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Personally Tales from the Borderlands is my favourite game from Telltale so glad to see more of that. Really looking forward to it even though it’s not Telltale’s. It looks awesome.

Also looking forward to The Expanse (and of course TWAU2).

Sucks that there’s nothing new of Star Trek Resurgence because that’s another one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top