• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword - The Shadow Of The Templars - A question about a story twist.

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I have always wondered one thing in BS1:

If the assassin (Khan) knew that George was after the templars, which were his enemy also, then why did he try to kill George in Syria, rather than help him to catch the templars? Like Khan said just before his death, they were on the same side all the time. Khan killing George just doesn’t make sense.

Could somebody explain this, please Cool

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Kahn is a professional killer, who regarded George as a tourist getting involved in matters that are completely beyond his comprehension.

Kahn said himself that he could not allow George to interfere any further.
My take on this is that a professional hitman like Kahn, wants full control over the situation and does not want anybody else getting involved,interfering with his plans, no matter which side they are on.

For him it’s an additional unwanted riskfactor. What probably also counts is that George at that point was not yet aware of Kahn’s motives…and he wanted to keep it like that.

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

But they never really explain Khan’s Motives…?

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Of course they do. He’s a member of the Hashashin - the cult of the assassins. Wink Just like the assassins in Assassin’s Creed, they’re out to stop the Templars. The Templars in Broken Sword are Neo-Templars. Wannabe Templars who want to rule the world using the Sword of Baphomet.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

A much bigger plot hole for me, and one that hampered my enjoyment of the game as I played it: Where the hell is George getting the money to pay for his jetsetting adventures?
At first I tried to put it down to some unlimited bank account/trust fund. But then later in Syria he discovers he’s broke and has to con Duane get the money to get back to Paris.

However on returning to Paris, he’s able to travel to Spain/Paris/Scotland etc…

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

afterglow2001 - 08 December 2012 12:48 AM

A much bigger plot hole for me, and one that hampered my enjoyment of the game as I played it: Where the hell is George getting the money to pay for his jetsetting adventures?
At first I tried to put it down to some unlimited bank account/trust fund. But then later in Syria he discovers he’s broke and has to con Duane get the money to get back to Paris.

George is a lawyer, those sneaky guys have money bolt-holed all over the place lol.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

afterglow2001 - 08 December 2012 12:48 AM

Seriously? I cannot consider that a plot hole… Its a game? There must be some suspension of belief…

To the OP. As i understood it, he’s making Khan’s job harder.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top