• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

3rd person point and click Adventure game like SYBERIA

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Per Steam, when they released patch 2.0 they added a point and click interface:

“Greetings all. We are continuing to take your feedback into account while working hard to give you the best possible gaming experience. With this in mind, we’re getting back to you today with a highly-anticipated patch that adds a Point and Click mode, so you can go through the entire game using only your mouse. A lot of you have been asking for this; now it’s here. We also added a few gameplay improvements and some minor bug corrections.

Controls:
- Addition of a Point and Click - “mouse only” - mode:

- now the player can click on the spot he or she wants to move to
- all interactions can now be 100% completed using the mouse

- We’ve corrected a visual bug where the interface wasn’t displaying the right keys for using or interacting with objects. The keys are now correctly displayed.

Gameplay:
- The cursor has been revamped to make it easier to see in all circumstances (including on white backgrounds).
- We’ve added a visual indication in the form of a rotation icon during the knife tutorial on 3D object manipulation.

Audio:
- We’ve corrected a bug that occurred when the player finished the game: the music would stop during the credits and on returning to the main menu. The music now plays properly.
- We’ve corrected a bug in the German version of the game: in some cases, dialog was cut partway through. All of the dialog is now played to the end.”

This was added in 2017 to Syberia 3.

Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Can confirm they added Point & Click controls to Syberia 3. They’re pretty clunky and you can tell the game wasn’t intended to have them from the outset, but they’re are functional.

On the bright side, though, the Point & Click option in the upcoming Syberia game was much better (from what I played of the demo) so ppl should be able to enjoy that one with either control scheme.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diamond1106 - 17 May 2017 12:08 PM

Recently I got Syberia 3 and Im really disappointed, the controls are changes and its very hard to navigate on PC. Im afraid to purchase a game that doesnt have those features that i like.

I would say that players and reviewers here and elsewhere found much more to complain about than S3’s controls. Although they certainly contributed to the problem.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 29 April 2021 03:20 PM
diamond1106 - 17 May 2017 12:08 PM

Recently I got Syberia 3 and Im really disappointed, the controls are changes and its very hard to navigate on PC. Im afraid to purchase a game that doesnt have those features that i like.

I would say that players and reviewers here and elsewhere found much more to complain about than S3’s controls. Although they certainly contributed to the problem.

Yea, Syberia 4 will be a hard purchase from me, I’ll wait until there’s LOTS of reviews before diving in. Did the Syberia 4 demo have a point and click interface? Should we recommend it for play for the OP?

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

How long will it take until Syberia 3 gets nominated and awarded a Community Play Through?
Before or after A New Beginning?

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Baron_Blubba - 30 April 2021 09:19 PM

How long will it take until Syberia 3 gets nominated and awarded a Community Play Through?

I propose a new category of CPT - the Endurance Test. Whoever gets to the end of the game wins a Prize.

Of course, Adv-Lvr has an unfair advantage (with his magic ipad) so there might need to be handicaps.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Luhr28 - 30 April 2021 09:52 PM
Baron_Blubba - 30 April 2021 09:19 PM

I propose a new category of CPT - the Endurance Test. Whoever gets to the end of the game wins a Prize.

Of course, Adv-Lvr has an unfair advantage (with his magic ipad) so there might need to be handicaps.

I’m going to risk stirring a hornet’s nest here: I think Post Mortem almost won a CPT instead of Keepsake, and I feel like that might have turned out to be an endurance test for many. That game starts out okay and goes downhill real fast. Just my opinion, obviously; I know some really like it. I wish I did, because I really like Still Life, but for me, that’s where the ‘trilogy’ begins and ends, leaving it as a story without a beginning or an ending!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We can always start a Mystery Theatre 3000 CPT thread. For that I’d nominate Syberia 3 and A New Beginning.

Let me know and I’ll start the thread.

Heart

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I can’t commit to any games right now, but I like the idea and would participate in the future.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I can’t commit to any games right now, but I like the idea and would participate in the future.

We are going to have to put this idea on hold for right now. Just don’t see a lot of interest right now. PM me when your schedule opens up and I’ll post the thread. I think it will be a riot, but we must have u playing for this to succeed.

Heart

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 04 May 2021 08:30 PM

We are going to have to put this idea on hold for right now. Just don’t see a lot of interest right now. PM me when your schedule opens up and I’ll post the thread. I think it will be a riot, but we must have u playing for this to succeed.

Heart

Will do. I definitely don’t want to play A New Beginning again, though.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Will do. I definitely don’t want to play A New Beginning again, though.

Yea, and I really don’t want to play Syberia 3 again too. What we will do is nominate games to be played and hopefully something besides, those game will win. However, those games in a MST3000 environment would be a Riot!

Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Baron_Blubba - 01 May 2021 12:10 PM

I’m going to risk stirring a hornet’s nest here: I think Post Mortem almost won a CPT instead of Keepsake, and I feel like that might have turned out to be an endurance test for many. That game starts out okay and goes downhill real fast. Just my opinion, obviously; I know some really like it. I wish I did, because I really like Still Life, but for me, that’s where the ‘trilogy’ begins and ends, leaving it as a story without a beginning or an ending!

Well you are wrong on multiple points. Post Mortem actually won a CPT, and Keepsake was not a competitor. And, to the best of my knowledge, the playthrough participants, of which you were not one, found the experience enjoyable.

Do your research and check your facts.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

rtrooney - 04 May 2021 10:50 PM
Baron_Blubba - 01 May 2021 12:10 PM

Well you are wrong on multiple points. Post Mortem actually won a CPT, and Keepsake was not a competitor. And, to the best of my knowledge, the playthrough participants, of which you were not one, found the experience enjoyable.

Do your research and check your facts.

Egads and whoopsies—you have found me out! I am actually a whacky and crazy Bolshevik spy (with a horse, who is also a spy), here on a mission to disseminate false information about adventure games and the people who play them!
(Please don’t let on that I’ve been exposed, or I will be summarily executed. And if you are familiar with my posts, you know that I rarely summarize anything.)

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Perhaps you have not heard that “Alternative Facts” are not all that amusing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top