• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tell us all about it please & post a screenshot too!  Smile

N.B. It doesn’t matter whether it’s old or new.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just finished Discworld noir. I finally got it running on my windows 7 machine. It was so much fun playing that old classic.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

mbday630 - 26 March 2017 02:31 PM

I just finished Discworld noir. I finally got it running on my windows 7 machine. It was so much fun playing that old classic.

Wonderful!  Thumbs Up  I really loved the game but only ever played it on PS (& still have it) but I was so pleased that I managed to get through it with no help at all!  Smile

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Just finished The great fusion.
It was an easy and short game, something to play inbetween but fun nevertheless.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Wardrobe, tells about a developer who had this game’s idea in his mind mostly since the late 80s and whatever have happened to the genre or the world he was just happy doing it after all those years exactly as like he had dreamt it back then, i am happy for him.. but i wasn’t.

Slap Valley: Silly things are sometimes nice.

The Dream Machine, A masterpiece of an adventure with great puzzles; a prove that it still can be done and originally too.

I play game in three and those have been (just) finished mostly at the same time

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

“an adventure game quite unlike any other”
Kotaku

Smile

Sale going on grab it while its hot

http://store.steampowered.com/app/558420/

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@chrissie - You should also start a thread titled what games are you getting ready to start.

For me its Viktor and Stasis. Not sure of the order.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Well, the last game I finished was The Legend of Zelda. I was never able to beat it as a kid. A buddy at work got the Nintendo Classic and was talking about playing Zelda, so I decided to give it a go and finally after 30 yrs I beat it! lol.

Now I’m going to soon be completing Oneshot. After 3 months of waiting for the Solstice update that will finally be arriving come midnight Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Duke Grabowski Mighty Swashbuckler was the last game I’ve finished about a month ago. I have to say that it was one of the worst adventure games I’ve played in recent years. There was almost nothing I really liked there except the music but even that was a Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island rip-off. Puzzles are too easy, locations are minimal and jokes..What jokes? Game is incredible short too. Spend your 40 minutes elsewhere.

Advie you probably meant a Slap Village…??

Backgrounds are quite nice!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Along with the Police Quest games, I recently finished Grim Fandango that I’ve been playing on the PS4. It’s been very long since I played it and I don’t think on replays I ever got to the end again, I barely remembered most of the stuff happening on Year 3 and 4. I thought Year 3 was longer and 4 shorter.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I completed The Witness, but there’s a lot still to do! What a beautiful game. I might try and finish the last of the ‘science’ puzzles before moving on - I won’t try and finish all the ‘magic’ ones or I could end up never playing anything else again! I expect I’ll leave it installed and come back once in a while though.
What will I move on to? I’m not sure - I should fit in something shorter before Night in the Woods or Torment, I think.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Phlebas - 27 March 2017 05:00 AM

What will I move on to? I’m not sure - I should fit in something shorter before Night in the Woods or Torment, I think.

Have you played Inside?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - 27 March 2017 02:29 AM

Advie you probably meant a Slap Village…??

you slapped this out right Darki, one gets used and trustful to the spelling correction thingy that he does not give it a 2nd look before submitting.

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Last game I played was Torment: Tides of Numenera, but it became so tedious I had to quit. It’s pretty much an adventure game as there’s nothing but talking. All problems are solved by talking your way out, even those few fights I encountered (and you’ll want to avoid them, the turn-based mechanics is bad). Problem is with the writing, it’s poor and uninspired, after awhile you just want to scroll those pages of meaningless text. Planescape it is not.

Currently waiting for the release of Tumblrweed Park, don’t want to spoil the fun.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

wilco - 27 March 2017 05:43 AM
Phlebas - 27 March 2017 05:00 AM

Have you played Inside?

I haven’t yet - you’d recommend it? I have been reminded that I have Uurnog, the new Nifflas game from the last Humble Monthly, installed and ready to go. I think a musical platformer about saving animals could be just the change of pace I need!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for all of the interesting posts!

Advie - 26 March 2017 06:39 PM

Slap Valley: Silly things are sometimes nice.

I played that too ..... (???? but Slap’s a village right Thumbs Up  Smile)
I found it to be quite a fun & engaging game, it’s episodic but I think it concludes nicely enough to not be hankering too much for the next part until it turns up!

I did realise after I started the thread that I didn’t quite have time to start it off with an example of the last (Adventure) game I finished which is:

The Samaritan Paradox

I found this game quite hard & left it a while but it’s so interesting in that you have to find parts of a novel in order for a lady, who’s seemingly disinterested, to receive an inheritance from her late father. As you gradually find each part you play within the novel to eventually get to the truth…... 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top