• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Goetia is a beautiful game but it has some severe flaws

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

1. Information needed is often scattered to very distant parts of the game, or, it’s unclear if the information needed is near or to a completely different zone. Sure, that could in theory be not a problem for some people but I believe recent history has proven games have advanced from complete disconnection to a more tidy fashion for collecting information and at least for most people parts of the game may prove frustrating.

2. The inspected items that are almost completely irrelevant to the story do not disappear after examined once, or at least they are not shown with an altered color. Sure, like 1, that could be considered good, but mainly by elitists and a minority.

3. Some puzzles seem almost nonsensical, though point 1 might be to blame since even if the information is available, it might be unclear where that is to be found in scope. In general, it seems to flood the gamer with more info than it should.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sounds like a game of the year to me.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yeah, all 3 points are positive in my book. I don’t see the problem.

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

diego - 23 December 2016 01:21 PM

Sounds like a game of the year to me.

Nah, after playing Life is Strange recently, only something very pristine would get that title easily.

Oscar - 23 December 2016 01:56 PM

Yeah, all 3 points are positive in my book. I don’t see the problem.

It’s subjective but I believe the majority of people would find negatives. Also some part of positive commenting would be elitism and not genuine entertainment. I enjoy most puzzles in the game, but I’m pretty sure they do not rely on the scope of the game at letting me in a state of being unclear where the clues are and they would be fine or better with a more restricted scope.

PS. Though, after a point one could gather that to a certain extend the information gathering scope is limited since most puzzles only rely on information and items on the immediate zone.

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

It’s been a while, but I remember enjoying Goetia.

Regarding point 1, I think most of the puzzles are confined to the general vicinity. But I’ll admit I was constantly questioning if a clue was related to something nearby or something far away.

Regarding point 2, you can see all interactables with the press of a key, so I used that every time I’m about to move on from a new area to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

And for point 3, I think I only cheated on 1 optional puzzle.

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I also enjoyed it, I’m tending to be elitist in criticism, if a game is too bad I don’t even start playing it and I just never mention it anyway.

I retain the idea the puzzle design was generally good but with a very stretched area of information/items needed that often made it cumbersome.

PS. There’s one puzzle that was horrible. Or at least horrible if you aren’t perfect in tone hearing. The one with the punched music sheets.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top