• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Karlok

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The adventure game discount thread

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Allow me the honor of restarting the adventure game discount thread.  Sales of note to be posted here.  Great deals to follow.

For recent deals that did not migrate to the new forum, the archive can be found at:

http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26862

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Though not technically adventure games, the Assassin’s Creed games usually get a lot of attention in these forums.  Steam has the games 50-75% off today only.  ($5 for AC2!)

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ubi_weekend2012

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

In the continuing Amazon Mayhem PC download sale,

Aura: Fate of the Ages (3.5 star AG review) is $1.24
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings (3 star AG review) is $1.24
Nibiru: Age of Secrets is $2.49

All are for download versions.

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Groupees, one of the indie bundle sites, just launched a new one. In this one you can build your own bundle of 3 to 12 games. The first three games are $1 each, the next 6 are 75 cents each, and if you choose to buy more than 9 the remaining ones are 50 cents each. So the way it works is you can get three games for $3, 4 for $3.75, 5 for $4.50, 10 for $8, etc. I’m not sure what any international prices are. Don’t be afraid to be generous and go above the minimums. 20% of donations goes to Polar Bears International.

Out of the 12 games, two are adventure games—Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals (Steam key) and Dark Fall: Lost Souls (Steam key and DRM-free download).

http://groupees.com/bab

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Amazon continues to slowly add adventure titles to its ongoing sale.  Now on sale for download only are:

Adam’s Venture Episode 2 for $2.49.
Baron Wittard for $2.49.

I think I’ll pick up Baron Wittard.  I can’t remember having seen it on sale before.

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Gamefly has a 33% off sale on Valve PC titles. $6.69 for Portal and $20.19 for Portal 2. Obviously they require Steam. Both will likely be cheaper in a month during the Steam summer sale. I’m guessing Gamefly is US only, but I can’t say for sure.

link

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Bundle-in-a-Box Adventure Bundle

Games are:
Gemini Rue - Steam, Desura, download
Ben There, Dan That! - Steam, Desura, download
Time Gentlemen, Please! - Steam, Desura, download
1893: A World’s Fair Mystery - download
The Sea Will Claim Everything - download

Beat the average to get:
The Shivah - download
Metal Dead - Desura, download

Bonuses to unlock:
Gemini Rue Soundtrack
Metal Dead Booklet
The Shivah Soundtrack

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

There’s a new indie promotion going on called Because We May. It’s basically just a group of devs that are putting some of their games on sale together at the same time for this last week of May. It’s across multiple stores so there are direct downloads, iOS, Android, Steam, etc.

Sale prices are now listed on the promotion page, but not all have dropped yet in their actual stores. I expect that’ll happen throughout the day.

The adventure games are:
Jolly Rover - $4.99 > $3.50 - Direct (PC & Mac), Steam
Space Madness - $5.95 > $1.99 - Direct
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP - $4.99 > $2.99 - iOS(universal)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP Micro - $2.99 > $0.99 - iOS(iPhone)
Secret of Moonwall Palace: 2 games - $2.99/$1.99 > $0.99 - iOS(separate HD & iPhone)
Stacking - $14.99 > $7.49 - Steam

It’s possible that I missed a few so you may want to check the promo page yourself.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Three weekend deals:

GOG has Normality and Realms of the Haunting 50% off (both down to $2.99).

DotEmu has A Vampyre Story 50% off (down to $4.99).

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Steam has Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy 50% off, down to $3.49 for the next ~22 hours.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

louiedog - 24 May 2012 11:09 AM

There’s a new indie promotion going on called Because We May. It’s basically just a group of devs that are putting some of their games on sale together at the same time for this last week of May. It’s across multiple stores so there are direct downloads, iOS, Android, Steam, etc.

Sale prices are now listed on the promotion page, but not all have dropped yet in their actual stores. I expect that’ll happen throughout the day.

The adventure games are:
Jolly Rover - $4.99 > $3.50 - Direct (PC & Mac), Steam
Space Madness - $5.95 > $1.99 - Direct
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP - $4.99 > $2.99 - iOS(universal)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP Micro - $2.99 > $0.99 - iOS(iPhone)
Secret of Moonwall Palace: 2 games - $2.99/$1.99 > $0.99 - iOS(separate HD & iPhone)
Stacking - $14.99 > $7.49 - Steam

It’s possible that I missed a few so you may want to check the promo page yourself.

Just checked out the full list of games—there are some really good games on the sale

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

GOG has the Tex Murphy games half off right now in honor of Project Fedora. Good time to catch up.

http://www.gog.com/news/special_sale_tex_murphy_week

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

TerminusEst - 27 May 2012 03:07 PM

Steam has Nancy Drew®: The Haunting of Castle Malloy 50% off, down to $3.49 for the next ~22 hours.

FYI, Amazon still has this game and a bunch of other Nancy Drew games on sale for $2.99. I believe this is the last day of the sale.

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

The Bundle-in-a-Box Adventure Bundle has just dropped way down to $1.89. That gets your Gemini Rue, Ben There, Dan That!, Time Gentlemen, Please!, 1893: A World’s Fair Mystery, and The Sea Will Claim Everything.

http://bundle-in-a-box.com/

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

GamersGate has just launched a new service called VOID.

You can download any of the select games in the VOID catalog. To play a game you must first watch a 60-second ad. Seems like an interesting model!

http://www.gamersgate.com/VOID

Adventure games I noticed in the VOID catalog are:

Secret Files: Tunguska
The Black Mirror
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I was just going to post about VOID as well Grin

I installed The Black Mirror to test the service. Every time you start the game you are treated to ads totaling somewhere between 90 seconds and two minutes. They are all game-related (I saw an ad for WOW:Cataclysm, some casual cartoony hack-n-slash, and an ad for VOID itself). And then the game starts so I think there are no other strings attached.

A couple of other adventure games that I saw while browsing the VOID catalog were Forever Worlds and Adam’s Venture 3 (not that I would jump on the chance to play these two).

I don’t think that the slot’s cooldown time is mentioned at the overview page so mine is 14 days. So in two weeks I will be able to replace TBM with a different game…

(Incidentally, I am having graphics issues with the game and troubleshooting those will be a pain if I have to wait two minutes before every start…)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top