• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Veoviswalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 07 May 2021 04:34 PM

Not a good start! Repeatedly failed the car-avoidance tutorial. After being killed 15 times I decided to take a break. It’s been a long time, say 15 years or more since I used the WASD controls. Don’t think I’m ready to start the game. First I have to survive the tutorial. I do not have a controller, so that’s not an option.

I was killed a thousand times before realize you must move the mouse along pressing the keys…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

walas74 - 07 May 2021 05:16 PM

Not a good start! Repeatedly failed the car-avoidance tutorial. After being killed 15 times I decided to take a break. It’s been a long time, say 15 years or more since I used the WASD controls. Don’t think I’m ready to start the game. First I have to survive the tutorial. I do not have a controller, so that’s not an option.

I was killed a thousand times before realize you must move the mouse along pressing the keys…

Same haha. I died like 10 times when i played without controller and i was like omg this is the tutorial, then i realized i have to press a and left arrow at the same time. On controller its very clear what you need to do because of the analog sticks.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I don’t know how it is in the remastered version, but have you tried to do these movements by pressing the corresponding cursor key in conjunction with the numeric key?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Nico2021 - 07 May 2021 03:17 PM
Veovis - 07 May 2021 01:17 PM
Nico2021 - 07 May 2021 10:17 AM

Should i go with better graphics or with better controls?

The PC version can be played with a controller, so no need to compromise. That’s how I will play the remastered version.

Tbh i tried to connect my dual sense with the usb cable i have from ps4 and somehow everytime i connected it i had no sound. when i removed the cable then sound was coming back. I m not that familiar with using the ps4 controller on pc and i do like the plug and play aspect of the consoles. Also even with the controller the movement wasnt as smooth as on ps5 and the bindings were weird. I will probably try again tomorrow. Just hate troubleshooting with pc. Every time i get a problem i spent more time on google searching for solutions than playing the game Smile

Update: Ok it seems pc was recognising my controller as a speaker. So i changed manually sound back to pc speakers. Interface and key bindings is same as console, and movement is as smooth also, so everything is perfect. There is a huge diference in graphics, so pc it is. Ready to go when everyone is.

Great! I have a pretty cheap Logitech controller for Mac/PC and it just works for most games that have controller support, Fahrenheit included.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

First of all, this an award winning million copies selling game:

According to Metacritic, Fahrenheit received generally favourable reviews by critics.[45][46][47] Executive producer Guillaume de Fondaumière claimed it was the highest-rated in its genre since Grim Fandango (1998) and considered the release a commercial success,[7][51] with over one million copies sold.[39] It was named the best adventure game of 2005 by Computer Games Magazine,[52] GameSpy,[53] PC Gamer,[54] and IGN;[55] Adventure Gamers ranked it fifty-seventh of all time.[56] Game Informer listed Fahrenheit last among ten video game openings.[57] Garnett Lee of 1Up.com praised the “disturbing” and graceful nature of the story as well as its combination with the gameplay, saying Fahrenheit had set a new standard for future aims of doing so.[48] GameSpot’s Alex Navarro highlighted the layers of context and “heartfelt meaning” to its use of cinematic gameplay. He enjoyed the narrative, dubbing it “deep, captivating”, and, echoing Lee, “disturbing”. The character development, art style, voice acting, and music also saw approval from Navarro.[8] Raymond M. Padilla at GameSpy declared that “it’s so good that it just might save a dying genre”, regarding the plot and main characters to be well-written and the voice cast as one of the best of the year. The controls were admired for their accessibility,[11] while the score was complimented for its “moody and captivating” qualities.[58] Writing for GameZone, Ronnie Hobbs liked that the controls helped with narrative immersion, and that this created an emotional connection to the characters. Hobbs’ verdict read: “Despite its flaws, Indigo Prophecy is the definitive interactive story, and not only does it perfect the genre, it redefines it”.[49] Charles Onyett, reviewing the game for IGN, thought it succeeded in its effort to provide a movie-like experience. The feature of multiple playable characters was believed to have worked well, the action choreography and voice acting impressed him, and the soundtrack was described as gripping.[50]

So, we are In for a treat here. However, those who play on a PC will have some work ahead of them because this is one of the most award winning PS2 games of all time. On a PS2 this game was very well behaved and easy to play. The IOS version thankfully was easy to play too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Judging by the intro, you totally gonna ace this CPT, Tenebra!

Got the Steam version downloaded and played through tutorial. I never really liked QTE, but since I’m aware it’s pretty much Quantic Dream’s second limb in the body of game-making - I’m just taking it all in stride. This is a very much “all about the story” game, so I hope to re-discover what it is that I liked about it back when it was released, or maybe - find it less to my liking this time around, but either way - have fun playing and talking about it.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m giving the tutorial a try right now. I’m playing with a controller (awesome thrift store find!) in Steam’s big picture mode. It works like a charm.

So.. this is weird. We’re in a semi-realistic studio with the writer/director and Bob the crash test cyborg dummy. After some light robotic exercise we get slain by a car, repeatedly.

The trick I learned: ignore the non-text visual cue. For me (playing with a controller), it suggested I’d use the X Y B A buttons. That incoming car destroyed poor Bob and I was badgered with the line: “Failed again, have another try”. The text seemed to suggest I use the analog sticks: applying both (and no buttons), Bob survived.

Now the developer is asking me how I feel about Bob. One of the two options seems a bit forward and peculiar, but no judgement if Bob is what floats your boat.

(when the tone shifts and the actual game begins, I will adapt, but I can’t be the only one with at least one eyebrow raised)

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been struggling to see whether I can get this up & running on PS2 - tried on PS3 which is my current DVD player to no avail. I have downloaded now from Steam but the controls still bother me…...I’ll see how I go!  Smile

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tenebra - 07 May 2021 06:07 PM

I don’t know how it is in the remastered version, but have you tried to do these movements by pressing the corresponding cursor key in conjunction with the numeric key?

Not sure what you mean by that. The direction keys are WASD. The “cursor keys” on my keyboard are the arrow keys immediately to the right of the right Ctrl key. The “run” key is the spacebar in conjunction with one of the WASD keys. And the mouse buttons perform several functions.

I played a bit this afternoon, trying various key combinations. The visual clue says to click on the A key. Do that. Get hit. Click A and left arrow key. Get hit. Click A and up/forward arrow key. Ditto. Click A and the left mouse button. Vehicular homicide rides again.

I’ve looked for a YouTube video that shows the PC version of the game, as well as a voice-over narration telling me what the player is doing, and. as a bonus, an inset showing the player’s hands. I haven’t found that video.

I never played the game when it first came out. If I had, I would be familiar with the controls. It seems like everybody but me is ready to roll, so don’t hold up the start on my account. If I figure it out, I’ll join and try to catch up. If not, it won’t be the first time I wasted $10 on a game I couldn’t play.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

DCast - 08 May 2021 03:08 AM

Judging by the intro, you totally gonna ace this CPT, Tenebra!

Got the Steam version downloaded and played through tutorial. I never really liked QTE, but since I’m aware it’s pretty much Quantic Dream’s second limb in the body of game-making - I’m just taking it all in stride. This is a very much “all about the story” game, so I hope to re-discover what it is that I liked about it back when it was released, or maybe - find it less to my liking this time around, but either way - have fun playing and talking about it.

The problem with wanting to relive something is that nostalgia may have played a role and we run the risk of realising that we may not enjoy it as much today as we did yesterday. But as you say, the important thing will be to play it, have fun with it and talk about it. Something that in my case I couldn’t do when I played it for the first time, many years ago.

rtrooney - 08 May 2021 06:39 PM

Not sure what you mean by that. The direction keys are WASD. The “cursor keys” on my keyboard are the arrow keys immediately to the right of the right Ctrl key.

I never played the game when it first came out. If I had, I would be familiar with the controls. It seems like everybody but me is ready to roll, so don’t hold up the start on my account. If I figure it out, I’ll join and try to catch up. If not, it won’t be the first time I wasted $10 on a game I couldn’t play.

Press them together. I hope this helps.

Not yet, we’ll wait a bit longer, we will also see if any other members show up. Keep trying until you can overcome that little inconvenience.

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

We’re going to officially start on Tuesday 5/11 people, on my birthday coincidentally, since most people seem to be ready already, we’ll give two more days to see if anyone else decides to join. And surely rtronney will have sorted out that little hitch by then.

~

Total Posts: 1231

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Tenebra - 07 May 2021 06:07 PM

Not sure what you mean by that. The direction keys are WASD. The “cursor keys” on my keyboard are the arrow keys immediately to the right of the right Ctrl key. The “run” key is the spacebar in conjunction with one of the WASD keys. And the mouse buttons perform several functions.

I played a bit this afternoon, trying various key combinations. The visual clue says to click on the A key. Do that. Get hit. Click A and left arrow key. Get hit. Click A and up/forward arrow key. Ditto. Click A and the left mouse button. Vehicular homicide rides again.

I’ve looked for a YouTube video that shows the PC version of the game, as well as a voice-over narration telling me what the player is doing, and. as a bonus, an inset showing the player’s hands. I haven’t found that video.

Have you tried what I said before? Move the mouse in same direction of A-D keys.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Vehicular homicide rides again.

Haha! That’s perfect.

For the record, I’m amused by the wording and brevity, not the experience reflected here. I hope to have you on board for this CPT.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’m in, have installed the Steam version and am ready to go.

I played the original EU version years ago but I honestly can’t remember if I finished it. I remember the first bit of the game for sure but then the rest drifts into a kind of haze. Looking forward to giving it another go. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Ok, it’s time to start this journey!

The game is divided into chapters. This is not a long game and you will find that the chapters are fast paced, they progress quickly, and before you know it you will be on to the next one. Considering that… let’s get started.

We are going to start with 5 chapters in one go and we are going to set an average of one week to complete it, that is to say until (5/18), and depending on the rhythm we are acquiring we will adjust the time to more or less.

Some clarifications:

~ In the chapters involving Carla and Tyler, remember that you can switch characters by pressing enter.

~ At the end of chapter 3 we will see that we have the option to choose one character or the other to continue. Choose the one you want. The only thing that will change will be the order, i.e. those who choose Lucas, for example, will do this chapter and then continue with Carla. And those who have chosen Carla will do that chapter first and then Lucas. In both cases we will all do the same chapters. But at the end of chapter 5 we will stop and see where we are before continuing.

~ How can I be sure that I reach the stopping point? At the end of chapter 5 we will see that we can now choose between the three characters, this is where we will stop. I don’t think the game saves automatically at this point, so choose a character, it auto-saves, and then we stop.

Have fun!, I hope you enjoy it and comment and share what you want about the progress you are making.

PS:If there is any mistake or confusion in what I have explained I apologise, let me know and I will fix it.

~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top