• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2007-10-25

PM

Going to the dentist today for a regular checkup.. haven’t had one in 4 years. Nervous of what she’ll find! :<

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Haha, I ws just discussing my last dentist bill with the secretary. She put an entry ‘instructions on how to use the wooden sticks’ on it, but the only thing the dentist did was tell me I did it well after she asked me to show how I used them. I will not pay 19 euros for that.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I fear I might be having Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Last Thursday I started getting sudden bursts of pain in my left elbow and upper arm when typing. The pain starts when pressure is applied to my left hand palm (near the wrist) while my wrist is slightly bended. It only occurs in certain positions and a few times per day, but it’s enough to have me worried.
Especially since I had it again on Friday (while typing at work), during the weekend while driving (similar pressure is applied on my left wrist when I hold the steering wheel), and again this morning at work.
I got the frequency down by lowering my desk chair (so that the angle in which I have to hold my wrist changes a bit), but it’s gotten me worried enough that I’m going to see a doctor (preferably one from work - it’s mostly work related).
I’ll also try and see if they can give me a keyboard with wrist support at work, since I have that at home, and the problem doesn’t present itself there. Maybe even try and get a wrist brace…

And in other news (concerning what was on the last page): our milk cartons are recyclable as well. Which is a necessity, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

tsa - 16 July 2012 05:44 AM
UPtimist - 16 July 2012 04:22 AM

What do you mean you can’t recycle cartons? Surely you have cardboard bins?

Most drink cartons are covered on the inside with a metal/plastic layer, making them not recyclable. At least, that’s what I learned.

Our fruit juice comes in cartons like that, they call it “Tetra Pak” and most guidelines say you shouldn’t put it in with the cardboard recycling.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 07:29 AM
tsa - 16 July 2012 05:44 AM
UPtimist - 16 July 2012 04:22 AM

What do you mean you can’t recycle cartons? Surely you have cardboard bins?

Most drink cartons are covered on the inside with a metal/plastic layer, making them not recyclable. At least, that’s what I learned.

Our fruit juice comes in cartons like that, they call it “Tetra Pak” and most guidelines say you shouldn’t put it in with the cardboard recycling.

They were in the news recently for all the wrong and tragic reasons.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I was having a rather nice morning, but now it appears that our immediate community garden plan has been shot to hell, and my voice clinic appointment has been postponed until next month. *sigh* Maybe I should just go back to bed.

All This Time (Nothing More) - a song for my wife

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 178

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 07:29 AM

Odd. Here in Sweden they recycle them. It’s even printed on the milk cartons: “Rinse and flatten. Leave the carton in the container for paper packagings. The loose screw cap is left in the container for plastic packagings. The entire packaging is recycled.” (My translation.) I don’t think people would buy it in Sweden if it wasn’t recyclable.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2007-10-25

PM

Back from the dentist. And the verdict is horrible. 4 cavities and gotta extract 3 of my wisdomteeth. Can’t wait to be done.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Quite bad news here, Tim and Marte and Lee! Good luck with it!

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I had a brainwave today. I’m going to recommend to the government that we make people in persistent vegetative states pay for their own care, by renting them out to trainee body piercers to practise on. Grin

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 05:56 PM

I had a brainwave today. I’m going to recommend to the government that we make people in persistent vegetative states pay for their own care, by renting them out to trainee body piercers to practise on. Grin

Jatsie, you need to tweet that, if you haven’t already.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 83

Joined 2006-09-15

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 05:56 PM

You should let tattoo artists in on it too.

http://www.ted.com/
http://www.nature.org/
You don’t have to agree with what everyone says,
Just respect there right to say it

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

This might sound weird… but does anyone here anything about getting into stand-up comedy?
It’s something I’m kind of interested in, but it’s quite difficult to begin at (I live in a crappy (in a charming “it’s my crappy hometown” sort of way) small town without any good live comedy venues), and I’m not sure how old is too old (most people start in their late teens, I’m early twenties and probably won’t be able to make a start until I’m nearing my mid-twenties).

Cheers anyone who can assist my pipe dream!

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Sorry to hear all the bad news, guys. *hugs Timovieman and Marte*

Look at my backlog of games; I made it so pretty! *is proud*
http://www.backloggery.com/fantasysci5

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

I’m feeling very sad today, I have had to put Missan to sleep… Cry  She had stopped eating and the tests showed that her kidneys had completely stopped working. She only lived with me for about 2 and a half years, but she was really beginning to come out of her protective shell…
She came to me from the Animal Shelter and they told me that her previous owner had had a lot of animals that they had been forced to put to sleep, he was given an animal ban. (don’t know if that is the words, just translated it straight from Swedish) Missan had been kicked really bad so she walked quite bad. I can’t understand how you can do something like that!!
When Missan first came to me she hid behind my sofa for a week before she dared to peek out. When she finally came out she was very causious and, understandably, very afraid of my feet… But as time passed by she became less and less afraid, and I think that in the end she had understood that not all people were bad. She had started to sleep in my bed, and wanted to be cuddled.
She was also very playful and curious. An example of her curiosity was when I found her standing on her hind legs, looking inside the oven at the food I had cooking there! Soooo cute!!!!  Smile  But when I had finally found the camera, that moment had passed…
That scared little cat behind the sofa turned out to be a real Lady and Sweetheart, and I just wish that we could have got some more time together!
In memory of Missan!  Heart R.I.P.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top