• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

fire7side

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 4283

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

If you finished Chapter 6 then you must have found the Indian cemetery in the swamp*, because that’s the very place where you get to meet (up close and personal) and mount the web-footed giraffes.

*which is very different from the Puebla village cemetery

There is only one Indian cemetery in the swamp.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, that explains it. When I arrived at the spot where I catch my ride, my ride showed up at the same time. I reach out, and there’s a hot spot, so I hop on and head to the volcano. I did absolutely zero exploring at that location. So now I need to replay

Lady K: This explains it for me, but may not explain it for you since you’re playing the Ios version. Which also means that chrissie was talking about the pueblo cemetery. She couldn’t have been talking about the swamp cemetery because she hadn’t completed the final two chapters when she made her comment. And she, too, is playing an Ios version that was converted to run on a Windows machine.

Thanks for the clarification Z!  Thumbs Up

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Cemeteries? In plural? Uh, the only one I saw was the one where David Mackowski was, at the beginning of chapter 3.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, apparently there’s another one. I will look for it tomorrow. But, as I said earlier, finding it is not necessary to complete the chapter. I’m just curious.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

I must have missed the swamp cemetery as well. Either that or there’s a version of the game where it’s missing.

AKA Charo

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

You cannot finish the chapter 6 (let alone the whole game) if you don’t get to the swamp/Indian cemetery.

rtrooney - 02 August 2022 06:27 PM

When I arrived at the spot where I catch my ride, my ride showed up at the same time. I did absolutely zero exploring at that location. So now I need to replay

No need to replay.

I did the same as you; you can’t explore the Indian cemetery. It’s just there, you see the platforms on stakes with dead bodies covered with animal skins and that’s all.  There’s only one thing that you can do at this spot, and that is to blow the horn and finally get the camels to show. You mount one of them, and it’s buy-buy cemetery, just like you said.

mjp

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Oh, that was a cemetery? I didn’t realise. What a beautiful observation skill of mine -_-.
I saw those skins there but I thought it was some abandoned platform or something.

~

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It would have been more obvious that that  was a cemetery if the dead zombies had jumped at the journalist from their platforms, but (I reckon) Sokal changed his mind in the last moment.

Btw, was I the only one who consulted the Valembois’ log (and looked at the pictures in it) while playing the Chapter 6 (and all the other chapters for that matter).

The marshlands are sacred to the Indians: it is the burial ground of their ancestors.
One necessarily has to go through them to get to the volcanoes.

mjp

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

The most anticlimactic twist in the history of adventure games. Suddenly the game we are playing and approaching the end is no longer the same.

Hmm no, scratch that, that title goes to Monkey Island 2.

zobraks - 03 August 2022 03:53 AM

Btw, was I the only one who consulted the Valembois’ log (and looked at the pictures in it) while playing the Chapter 6 (and all the other chapters for that matter).

The marshlands are sacred to the Indians: it is the burial ground of their ancestors. One necessarily has to go through them to get to the volcanoes.

I did it the first time, read it all and then just to look for clues. Evidently I forgot that it talked about a cemetery.

~

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Speaking of curiosities, did anyone catch the name of the journalist we had been playing through the whole game?

mjp

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Unnamed. We are just an anonymous journalist.

What I can’t quite put my finger on is the reason why the General was there, Lady K translated what he said but I still can’t make sense of why he would be there in the first place. To stop us? From a superstition that he didn’t believe to be true?

~

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

He was suffering from rheumatism and he needed to put his feet in hot lava every now and then. Doctor’s orders.

There’s no other (logical) explanation.

mjp

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Maybe it was in the journal (i didn’t check because it would have taken 80 mouse clicks to get to the right page) but another thing I didn’t get:
the traffic lights in the swamp. And why using a bag of something on them produced a variety of noises (presumably swamp-giraffe noises). I just assumed the natives built them to attract swamp-giraffes, maybe there’s no need to dig any deeper.

AKA Charo

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

zobraks - 03 August 2022 04:45 AM

He was suffering from rheumatism and he needed to put his feet in hot lava every now and then. Doctor’s orders.

There’s no other (logical) explanation.

Applying heat to the painful area makes sense.
I’m starting to see a connection, legs, paws, heat, there’s got to be something here. Valembius dies sitting down, so it’s highly likely that he’s had knee problems, maybe after spending so much time in the hydrofloat. The indigenous woman in the village is sitting down, she never gets up. What else? The white birds have no legs, supposedly never touch the ground, they are born, die and live in the air and all this happens in a lake of lava.

By the way Amerzone is based on a comic book, in this one all the characters are animals.

~

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Charophycean - 03 August 2022 04:55 AM

another thing I didn’t get:
the traffic lights in the swamp.

“The trafic lights” are some kind of flutes: a giant reeds, each with three holes in them. You use a skin bag full of air to play them. If you blow air to a different hole, you get a different sound. And each of those sounds attract web-footed giraffes. When you play all of those sounds* - they appear.

*on three different reeds

Charophycean - 03 August 2022 04:55 AM

Maybe it was in the journal (i didn’t check because it would have taken 80 mouse clicks to get to the right page)

You’ll never forget the author(s) of the game for trying to provide as much background and clues as they did.

I wonder what you would say about such games like Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within, Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned, Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon, Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches, Yoomurjak’s Ring, Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands, Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok, Return of the Obra Dinn, Necronomicon: The Dawning of Darkness… where there is much more for a player to read than in Amerzone.

mjp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top