• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Yoomurjak’s Ring took me a couple of days to finish. Nowhere near 30 hours.

The only way it would take that long is if you were banging your head against a wall with some of the puzzles for many hours each, which vary from average to fairly difficult. And unwilling to use a walkthrough. But I don’t think that’s your style rtrooney, is it?

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

A couple of puzzles of Yoomurjak’s Ring are really hard, so it depend as Luhr28 says on how long you want to try to solve them without help.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Withdraw my ROTS vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Luhr28 - 23 August 2021 10:30 PM

The only way it would take that long is if you were banging your head against a wall with some of the puzzles for many hours each, which vary from average to fairly difficult. And unwilling to use a walkthrough. But I don’t think that’s your style rtrooney, is it?

Didn’t like the look of the game. Not sure if you played the game non-stop over two days. But the AG review says 30 hours. I’m not sure what you think “my style” is. Should that be a compliment or an insult?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

rtrooney - 25 August 2021 09:05 PM
Luhr28 - 23 August 2021 10:30 PM

Didn’t like the look of the game. Not sure if you played the game non-stop over two days. But the AG review says 30 hours. I’m not sure what you think “my style” is. Should that be a compliment or an insult?

Neither. Some players like to try and solve puzzles until they manage to do so, no matter how long it takes. Others prefer to turn to walkthroughs or hints once they get stuck. Both approaches are perfectly fine and there’s no judgement here.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Number of hours the Steam reviewers spent on Yoomurjak’s Ring (not counting people who hadn’t finished the game when they posted their review):
13.2 - 9 - 8.7 - 36.8 - 22.9 - 12.8 - 16.2 - 15.3 - 33.6 - 10.7 - 12.5 - 9.2 - 11.3

Hm… this doesn’t help much. I wish people would post their IQ, so I can decide how long it would take me. The only obvious conclusion is that Luhr is a genius.  Cool

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Karlok - 26 August 2021 04:12 AM

Hm… this doesn’t help much. I wish people would post their IQ, so I can decide how long it would take me. The only obvious conclusion is that Luhr is a genius.  Cool

Tongue

For me, hours spent on steam are occasionally rather inflated. I leave a game running in the background while I answer the door, visit a forum, check my inbox or perform some household chore.

Not sure how common that is, honestly I’m mostly trying to reassure rtrooney.

Then again… “The Epsilon Outcome” can be finished in about 4 or 5 hours. It’s all puzzles, locations and conversation trees.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 26 August 2021 05:08 AM

For me, hours spent on steam are occasionally rather inflated. I leave a game running in the background while I answer the door, visit a forum, check my inbox or perform some household chore.

Me too. It took me 164.7 hours to finish The Longing but I didn’t spend all that time with little Shade.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Karlok - 26 August 2021 05:24 AM
Vegetable Party - 26 August 2021 05:08 AM

Me too. It took me 164.7 hours to finish The Longing but I didn’t spend all that time with little Shade.

Another game I’d really like to play in the near future.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

one large Mutropolis on the rocks, please

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Advie - 26 August 2021 10:34 AM

one large Mutropolis on the rocks, please

Nice avatar, the Scribe.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gracias walas74

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, Intense Degree
Yoomurjak’s Ring (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Vegetable Party, Giom

The Epsilon Outcome (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Rtrooney
Riddle of the Sphinx (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Luhr28

Mutropolis (1) - Advie

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

edit: I posted a redundant question, looked at previous comments and realized rtrooney did indeed vote for “The Epsilon Outcome”. It’s appreciated!  Smile

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Didn’t want to play a FMV game, but I opened the Pandora’s box with Spycraft which I’m currently enjoying, so I vote Yoomurjack’s Ring.
Actually I withdraw my vote after getting some more info about the game. From what I figured, it’s that sort of “interactive tour” where you have to click through hundreds of non-interactive still photos, not really in the mood of playing these sort of games.

I’ll give The Epsilon Outcome a vote then and renominate The Dig and The Journey Down trilogy.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top