• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #75: The Neverhood

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 7456

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Veovis: I don’t think you’ve missed anything. But you can try to solve the symbol puzzle.

Zobraks, are your screenshots your way to inform us about your progress? Cool!
You inspired me to post a screenshot of something I found weird. Or maybe not in character with the rest of the game.

Lights in a dark cave. Lights that don’t make the cave any less dark. They look weird too.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I haven’t seen those lights so far. Or I missed them.

Karlok - 08 November 2022 04:33 PM

Zobraks, are your screenshots your way to inform us about your progress?

Exactly.

Karlok - 08 November 2022 04:33 PM

Cool!

Exactly. Grin

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@zobraks: Go to the location of your screenshot in #87, turn around and go back through the dark cave. You’ll see the lights.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oddly enough I haven’t noticed those lights although they are in the cave from the start:

mjp

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 08 November 2022 05:21 AM

@Charo: It only happens the first time. (The crack remains but firing the cannon again doeesn’t do anything.) Didn’t you get a cut scene with the water drain? If you did, you can now use the puzzle in the room nearby to change the bridge into steps leading down to a new area. If you didn’t, I don’t know what’s wrong. Must be a bug. Reload and try again?

@Veovis: Yes!  Cool

EDIT: Oops! Didn’t realize you’d already replied to Charo.

Hmm. Okay. I’ve been down the steps and found a lot of rooms with no obvious puzzles. That’s what I meant when I asked if the cannon puzzle was the only puzzle. I spent quite a lot of time exploring so if there are puzzles there they must be really well hidden. Or my brain isn’t working.

AKA Charo

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Charo: Okay, so you must have come across a radio twice. In a room and up in that little vehicle. You need to turn on the radio in the room. This puzzle is one reason I said the game has a mean streak. If you don’t feel like figuring it out yourself after your frustrating exploration, read Nico’s post #88.

Hey zobraks, how come your screenshots of the lights are so crispy sharp and mine is all blurry and foggy?

Total Posts: 521

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Karlok - 09 November 2022 03:56 AM

@Charo: Okay, so you must have come across a radio twice. In a room and up in that little vehicle. You need to turn on the radio in the room. But how? I can hear you cry. This puzzle is one reason I said the game has a mean streak. If you don’t feel like figuring it out yourself after your frustrating exploration, read Veovis’ post #88.

Actually, my post #88 is about several puzzles, but not about the radio one.Smile I was lucky enough to randomly having the radio activated when I found it. I found the clue for that “puzzle” after the fact.

Edit: I guess you meant to refer to Nico’s post #87 Karlok!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Veovis - 09 November 2022 04:15 AM

Edit: I guess you meant to refer to Nico’s post #87 Karlok!

Oops! I’ve edited my post.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 09 November 2022 03:56 AM

Hey zobraks, how come your screenshots of the lights are so crispy sharp and mine is all blurry and foggy?

That’s because I reduce the original screenshots (taken by Alt + S in ScummVM) to 30% of their size.
The reason is that I want them to fit snuggly in forum’s pages. And they’re crispy, to boot.

Btw, The Neverhood looks great almost 30 years after its publication, as many had already noticed.
Games with cartoony graphics age much better.

mjp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t get it. I can reduce the size of my screenshot as much as I like, but it remains blurry. Why should it get crispier?? And my screenshot is blurry because the 1st-person movement outside is blurry to start with.

I want crispy sharp screenshots like yours! Cry

PS: My original comment still stands: Two lights but the cave remains dark. Magic.
Reminds me of another postcard, which is permanently on my wall, promoting Obsidian, that marvelous 1st-person game where your rules do not applyCool

PPS: The little white thingies are age spots.

Total Posts: 521

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Like The Neverhood, Obsidian will eventually officially be supported by ScummVM. It’s under public testing and can be played using the daily build. It’s said to have improved graphics, support widescreen and a few bugs are fixed. I’ll probably replay it (and thus participate in the testing) after we’re done with The Neverhood.

[end of thread derailment]

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok, here’s your picture from the post #92 resized by 50%:

I’d say it looks crispier.

Incidentally, the size of my screenshots is 1920x1080 pixels.

mjp

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Ok i m stuck at the colored crystals puzzle. I have found 3 potions on the same room, colored orange yellow and purple. They seem to be full. I also found 3 potions while riding the vehicle colored blue, green and red. Blue and green are 2 bars full while red i half bar full. I need to put 5 colors at the crystal but there are 6 potions. I dont understand what the game tries to tell me and the in game hint system doesnt help. I would appreciate some help. Also did you figure that out by yourself or you looked at guide?

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

All you need to do with the potions for now is to make a note of the levels.

The first thing to do is to solve the crystals puzzle which is a separate thing from the potions. The reference to the order of colours, which I needed a nudge for, is a word in the room

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top