• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Dreamventure!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2018-03-21

PM

Hi,

Not technically new, but never said hi when I joined years ago. Been coming here on and off. Great site to discuss Adventure games.

Talked to some of you, want to get to know the rest if time permits. This seems like my kind of community.

Thanks,
Abhi

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

I’m not new here, but I do lurk in the forums. I’m Bulldog (Kim).  I play games on the side as I can. My day job is a behaviorist for the school system here in Georgia. I also teach karate two nights a week, I’m a fourth degree black belt in tang soo do. I’m married (24 years) and I have two daughters.  Nice to meet all of you !

Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Welcome Bulldog. Lurking good, posting better.  Laughing  What kind of adventure games do you like? Horror, sci-fi, sleuthing, fantasy, comedy. Classic 3rd-person inventory-based ones, 1st-person Mystian ones, or something a bit more modern?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

Karlok - 10 June 2023 04:23 AM

Welcome Bulldog. Lurking good, posting better.  Laughing  What kind of adventure games do you like? Horror, sci-fi, sleuthing, fantasy, comedy. Classic 3rd-person inventory-based ones, 1st-person Mystian ones, or something a bit more modern?

I like point and click games, I’m a huge Jonathan Boakes and Matt Clark fan, I like puzzle games (7th guest and 11hour) I like Mystery games, I like some horror and psychological thriller. But my favorite games are most anything that Jonathan and Matt do.

How about you, what do you like game wise ?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m an omnivore. Wink I play everything as long as it’s an adventure game, an interactive movie or a walking sim. But I’m no longer very fond of the classic 3rd-person inventory-based ones. Horror games are my least favorite kind. Having said that, I enjoyed the Dark Fall series by Jonathan Boakes and Barrow Hill by Matt Clark.

Joined 2006-05-09

PM

Karlok - 10 June 2023 12:15 PM

I’m an omnivore. Wink I play everything as long as it’s an adventure game, an interactive movie or a walking sim. But I’m no longer very fond of the classic 3rd-person inventory-based ones. Horror games are my least favorite kind. Having said that, I enjoyed the Dark Fall series by Jonathan Boakes and Barrow Hill by Matt Clark.

Heart  Heart  Heart

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-06-11

PM

Hi all… James here, from the UK.  Glad to be here.

Does anybody know why I get the following ‘Error’  when I try to post a New Topic in the forums?

“ Error
The following errors were encountered You are not authorized to perform this action“

For info, I only registered with the site today.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hi James, welcome.

I think newcomers can only start new threads when they’ve posted 10 or more times. So why not boost your post count by letting us know what type of adventure games you like?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-07-17

PM

Hello all!

I’m technically not new here, but I’ve been away for several years and recently returned, so I thought I’d re-introduce myself. My name is Alyssa, but you can call me Ember if you’d like. You may see me on the front page as I’m a staff writer here. I recently finished a review of Amnesia: The Bunker. I’m a big fan of horror, and some of my favorite adventure games that I’ve recently played are The Excavation of Hob’s Barrow, The Tartarus Key, Resonance, and Bramble: The Mountain King. I also have a twitter and am in need of friends on there, so feel free to come say hi @crimson_lea! Laughing

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-07-27

PM

hello everyone, I am new here, I discovered this forum literally a couple of days ago Tongue

I am from Italy and have recently got back into point-and-click video games (i used to play them as a kid). I am an aspiring screenwriter and I am strongly fascinated by all media that make story, characters and setting their strong point. Point-and-click video games are, together with comics, the media that comes closest to what I am looking for.

I recently played Full Throttle and Beneath a Steel Sky, I think I will buy new games soon because I am in the middle of my discovery of these wonderful titles! I can’t wait to explore this forum and discover new tips and recommendations!  Grin

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to AG, Giume, and welcome back, Ember!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

adaliedn - 15 August 2023 07:35 AM

Hello there Smile

Welcome!  Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2023-08-11

PM

Hey groovy guys and gals! I’m Rich, Ricky, RC, your choice.

I’m an AI imagineer, a musician, a fantasy/SF/culture book reader (recently switched to Audible), a gamer, and a game maker.

My “first” arcade game (besides Space Invaders and Pac Man, which didn’t grab me) was Centipede.

My first computer game was Crowther & Woods’s Colossal Cave/Adventure, played on a dumb terminal. This would have been 1978-1980. I was about 20 then. It blew my mind.

Besides Adventure. My favorite adventure games were Zork I-III, Infocom’s Enchanter trilogy—then we skip forward to the Lucas games, like Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle and the one I usually say is my favorite, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

I look forward to hearing from everyone and getting to know yaz.
From what I’ve seen and read, this looks like a great group.
See you around!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2023-08-07

PM

hello.
I’m Lorena, I don’t speak English very well, but I will use Google Translate to communicate.

I like adventure games, I have normally played on my cell phone, but now I want to get into PC games.

I’m going to follow some forums to learn about options and immerse myself in this world

Thanks for accepting me on the forum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top