• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

zobraks - 19 July 2022 05:30 PM

Speaking of the windmill: I went through the whole ordeal without fully comprehending what I have done.

I think that pretty much sums up my chapter 2! Although I always had a vague idea of what was to be done, I was honestly just clicking on hotspots and trying inventory items.

Completely agree with zobraks and rtroony about the windmill, the chest/log and where to put the petrol.

It’s like the game asks for something vague but wants something specific.

I get that you have the diary which takes you through the sort of things you’re about to do, whale, petrol etc. and it’s not like there aren’t pointers to things but somehow I feel like i’m just trying random stuff on the things I find rather than understanding what they are first.

None of that is to say that I’m not enjoying it at all though. It is beautiful and I am intrigued to see Amerzone, when we get there.

Character wise it’s hard to match the couple of guys we’ve met so far with the Syberia or Sinking Island type characters, but we’re still early in the game.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Charophycean - 20 July 2022 04:12 AM

I don’t think I will continue.

I feel pain in my heart for not being able to cope with the puzzles.

You shouldn’t feel pain in the heart for not being able to solve Amerzone puzzles in a jiffy. I think in every game it’s not a matter of intelligence, but of a frame of mind a player is in. Sometimes the puzzle solving just flows, sometimes it grinds to a halt.

Besides, by promising to leave the playthrough every now and then (and actually staying in it) you risk to sound like Adventurere No.1 Grin.

Intense Degree - 20 July 2022 07:38 AM

None of that is to say that I’m not enjoying it at all though. It is beautiful and I am intrigued to see Amerzone, when we get there.

I fully agree with you.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Grin .. exactly!
you can’t get enough of that thread, Z, but i can’t complain if it’s just once a year..

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

That thread always makes me feel good; I really can’t get enough of it .

mjp

Total Posts: 521

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Ok, I’ve reached the beginning of chapter 3. Chapter 2 only took me around 30 minutes, despite there not being much in the way of clues about what needed to be done. A case of do everything that’s possible to do for no apparent reason at all. Apart from putting gas in the tank of the hydrofloat of course.

Enjoying the game so far, although Sokal & team took massive steps forwards when creating Syberia a couple of years later. I may find the game to be easier than others here because I played the original version when it was released and the more recent IOS/Mac version when that was released. I don’t remember much from those playthroughs, but still.

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nico, did you talk to the fisherman after you freed the whale?  You should get something from him.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Speaking of fisherman, I (naturally) didn’t understand what he was saying.

mjp

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 20 July 2022 11:51 AM

Nico, did you talk to the fisherman after you freed the whale?  You should get something from him.

Yeah i got the key then opened the chest and got the disk which i put in the hydrafloat computer. But i need to enter a 3 numbers code to start the hydrafloat. thats what i m missing

In the diary i found a page with 2 arrows and one of them was question mark. So comparing the 2 arrows the new destinations should be something around 120 to 140. Tried those withouts success.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Read everything in my post carefully.

The diary won’t give you the number you need.

mjp

Total Posts: 521

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Nico2021 - 20 July 2022 12:17 PM
Lady Kestrel - 20 July 2022 11:51 AM

Yeah i got the key then opened the chest and got the disk which i put in the hydrafloat computer. But i need to enter a 3 numbers code to start the hydrafloat. thats what i m missing

In the diary i found a page with 2 arrows and one of them was question mark. So comparing the 2 arrows the new destinations should be something around 120 to 140. Tried those withouts success.

The fisherman told you that another hydrofloat landed in the bay in the 1930’s and sunk some time ago, right? So it should be under the surface somewhere. Maybe there’s a way to enter it? This is one of the puzzles that makes sense in hindsight, but where the game is not very clear what is needed to be done.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Charophycean - 20 July 2022 04:12 AM

I don’t think I will continue. The game wasn’t a happy experience for me at all (which is the same life is going for me right now). I did everything in Tenebra’s post (before she posted) and still the craft didn’t go. Besides everyone else is far ahead by now and I didn’t feel like I was a part of the CP.

I feel pain in my heart for not being able to cope with the puzzles. I imagine I have pride from completing similar games without walkthroughs, and needing hints while not being able to solve the earliest puzzles is similar to the grief of failing an exam, or being rejected by a close friend.

Charo,
I understand not being in a place mentally to play a game, and I know that real life can mess up our enjoyment of things.  Also, I am sorry if I rushed things for you and that you didn’t feel a part of the playthrough.  If you change your mind, the second chapter is very short and in a brighter place. 

By the way, if anyone feels we’re going too fast or too slowly, just let me know. 

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Veovis - 20 July 2022 12:28 PM

The fisherman told you that another hydrofloat landed in the bay in the 1930’s and sunk some time ago, right?

Alas, the fisherman told me nothing. To be more precise: he told me something, but I didn’t understand anything.
If I had that piece of information I would’ve solved the puzzle even faster.

Playing Amerzone I feel the same way I felt back in 2006, when I first played Bad Mojo and all the clues were in the cutscenes, which I didn’t have.

mjp

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s like the game asks for something vague but wants something specific.

That’s a good description of some of the puzzles in the game.  The reason we’re doing some things can be vague, but we just keep going until something happens.

Regarding the characters, they have a caricature-like appearance to me.  With their exaggerated features, they’re rather like drawings in political cartoons.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nico,
Zobraks’ hints are spot on.  Check the usable functions of the hydrafloat.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I replayed the Chapter 2. With the hindsight I figured out that the first time the fisherman was talking about the whale being out there in the water, which scared the fish, so he couldn’t catch anything.

After I released the whale the fisherman was (probably) talking about the old expedition, which reminded him to give me the key (perhaps as a reward for getting rid of the whale).

I still don’t dig that windmill-like contraption. What exactly did I do when I turned the wheel on its side?

mjp

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top