• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Tenebra: Smile I have a lot of memories from the time Radiohead released this album. The song is open to interpretation, but at its core it feels both dire and reassuring. I hope you’re doing well.

@jabod: hi! thank you for joining! I quite like the new contributions to the playlist, these songs (and performers) are new to me. I appreciate discovering music this way.
Thumbs Up
@chrissie: glad to see you here as well! I like your style. I had never heard the first two songs, but they’re really good. I have the second one on replay at this moment. Perfectly fits my mood right now.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 06 May 2021 12:08 PM

The second (this man’s voice melts me)

Never heard of this (well, the song, of course I know Free). Love it!  Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5804

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 May 2021 04:09 PM

I had never heard the first two songs, but they’re really good. I have the second one on replay at this moment. Perfectly fits my mood right now.

TimovieMan - 07 May 2021 03:36 AM
chrissie - 06 May 2021 12:08 PM

The second (this man’s voice melts me)

Never heard of this (well, the song, of course I know Free). Love it!  Thumbs Up

I’m so surprised that that song from Free made an impression so here is another excellent (in my mind) offering from Free from their Heartbreaker album:

+
Another man with the most beautiful voice in the world singing a Very familiar song live:

+
A most excellent musician/guitarist whose life was cut short:

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thank you, chrissie!

I think the upload for the second song posted by Jabod was removed, so I’m posting another one (from memory, so I hope I got it right):

The Taxi Ride

Total Posts: 834

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party: A song about where you put your roots.

Adv_Lvr: A song from Garbage’s ‘Beautiful Garbage’ album, which is how you might describe the experience of playing A New Beginning on your fancy iPad.

Rtooney: The political lyrics in this song are really just an allegory for my behavior on these forums.

As far as critique goes: I love Vegetable Party song, enjoy the Garbage song, and am not a fan of Ministry—they’re too uncomfortably close to blowing my cover.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 07 May 2021 12:36 PM

Thank you, chrissie!

I think the upload for the second song posted by Jabod was removed, so I’m posting another one (from memory, so I hope I got it right):

The Taxi Ride

Thanks VP. I have no idea what happened to my original link. It is the same song and the only reason that I chose the link I did was for the lyrics that accompany it (plus the volume is set better as well but that’s minor).

Since you weren’t aware of any of the artistes prior to now a bit of info:

The United States Of America only did the one, eponymous, album which was released in 1968, which is when I bought it Neutral, although Edsel released a re-issue on vinyl in 1987 which I also bought, mainly because back in the sixties I didn’t look after my vinyl at all well. Some here might be aware of a track on the album called I Won’t Leave My Wooden Wife For You, Sugar as it appeared on the CBS compilation album The Rock Machine Turns You On. I doubt that it would happen today given the subject matter. I’ll leave you to look that up Smile. The track I listed here isn’t my favourite on the album but it did fit in with the trilogy that I wanted. Most of the vocals were done by Dorothy Moscowitz who had an amazingly clear voice but, oddly, this is the only work that I know by her although I vaguely recall reading some long time ago that she had done something else.

Jane Siberry is an outstanding Canadian singer/songwriter. I own 12 albums by her and I’ve also had the pleasure of seeing her in concert. It’s possible you know of one song of hers (Tim probably as he’s a movie buff) as she did the soundtrack theme tune for The Crow,the film that cost Brandon Lee his life, - It Can’t Rain All The Time. She’s well worth giving a listen to.

I’m very surprised that you haven’t heard of Kate and Anna McGarrigle. Apart from the fact that they’ve been in the music business for nigh on 50 years until Kate’s death in 2010, Kate was the mother of Rufus Wainwright and Martha Wainwright (Loudon Wainwright 111 being their father). They’re also Canadian by the way Smile

Life is what it is.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks! Smile

I’m admittedly lacking in knowledge of 60s and 70s music, outside of jazz and proto-punk. 80s is mostly synth, punk and hardcore, (post)disco and early electronica for me. I sometimes wish I had a family member who’d school me in other departments, but that wasn’t in the cards for me. My musical education started as a self-taught open rebellion against a father that left when I was fourteen, which has its own merit, I suppose. Cool

I do genuinely appreciate a conversation like this.

I know Rufus and Martha Wainwright and the movie “The Crow”. Smile

@Baron_Blubba: thanks for the shout-out in song, Devin Townsend is one of those legit musical geniuses. And regarding that last song.. if you blow your cover, what am I supposed to duck behind when the powder keg explodes?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Jabod - 07 May 2021 05:12 PM

Jane Siberry is an outstanding Canadian singer/songwriter. I own 12 albums by her and I’ve also had the pleasure of seeing her in concert. It’s possible you know of one song of hers (Tim probably as he’s a movie buff) as she did the soundtrack theme tune for The Crow,the film that cost Brandon Lee his life, - It Can’t Rain All The Time. She’s well worth giving a listen to.

Jane Siberry is wonderful. Seeing her in concert must have been really something!  Cool

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 May 2021 08:48 AM

Thanks! Smile

@Baron_Blubba: thanks for the shout-out in song, Devin Townsend is one of those legit musical geniuses. And regarding that last song.. if you blow your cover, what am I supposed to duck behind when the powder keg explodes?

Vegetables don’t hide; they go underground.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Baron_Blubba - 08 May 2021 12:56 PM

That’s actually quite meaningful.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 May 2021 01:14 PM
Baron_Blubba - 08 May 2021 12:56 PM

That’s actually quite meaningful.

You might say that it is very deep.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Baron, your pun game rivals that of “Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon”.

Luhr28, I have no idea why but I want to dedicate this song to you.
case/lang/veirs - Blue Fires

This one is for chrissie, one of my favourite songs by Paul Simon as a solo musician:

This one’s for Karlok and TimovieMan:
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Vegetable Party - 09 May 2021 04:19 PM

This one’s for Karlok and TimovieMan:
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law

Alright, now I’m posting this again:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

That image instantly pops into my mind when I hear the song now. Wink

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Alright, hardcore time.

A heads-up, if that’s even necessary, I mean.. the name of the genre is hardcore, it’s pretty much a warning label in and of itself. But still, this isn’t easy listening, folks.

¡Tomar Control! - Mi Faro
https://tomarcontrol.bandcamp.com/track/mi-faro

Method of Doubt - Grift
https://iourecords.bandcamp.com/track/grift

Result of Choice - Brunt of Time
https://resultofchoice.bandcamp.com/track/brunt-of-time

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top