• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieNelzazobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Today is an exciting day. My son is waiting for a notification from uni whether he got accepted or not, my daugther is waiting for a potential host family (for her au-pair year in France) to call and in two hours Mr J, my daughter and I are leaving for a lazy week in Turkey.
I’m slowly startig to realize that in just a couple of months Mr J and I might be all alone in the house when (as tsa says) both chicks leave the nest. Those of you who know me well know I’m somewhat of a mother-hen.

It seems the host family just called.  Ooh exciting!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

J-Boo - 11 July 2012 12:14 AM

Can anyone tell me what “God Juloch Gott Nytt Ar” means??

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it Smile

Why do you want to know “Merry Chritsmasand Happy New Yar” (sic) at this time of year?

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Trumgottist - 12 July 2012 05:24 AM
J-Boo - 11 July 2012 12:14 AM

Can anyone tell me what “God Juloch Gott Nytt Ar” means??

EDIT: Nevermind, I googled it Smile

Why do you want to know “Merry Chritsmasand Happy New Yar” (sic) at this time of year?

Nastypants. Where would a non-Scandinavian get an easy access to ‘Å’?

But I think anyone in Northern or Mid Europe could have answered that question.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 12 July 2012 04:00 AM

Today is an exciting day. My daugther is waiting for a potential host family (for her au-pair year in France) to call.

It seems the host family just called.  Ooh exciting!

And? And? And? Tell us! Tell us! We’re excited! Woooooo!!!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

millenia - 12 July 2012 05:47 AM
Trumgottist - 12 July 2012 05:24 AM

Nastypants. Where would a non-Scandinavian get an easy access to ‘Å’?

Nastypants? (Insert sad smiley here.) The answer to that depends on your operating system, but my quote wasn’t meant to be nasty anyway. I just attempted to be funny (I’m not good at it, I know, but sometimes I can’t resist to try anyway) while pointing out the misspelling.

millenia - 12 July 2012 05:47 AM

But I think anyone in Northern or Mid Europe could have answered that question.

Except me, or I wouldn’t have asked. I seem to have missed something that’s obvious to you - sorry I’m so stupid - it’s not by intent.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I hope you’re still trying to be funny there Wink.

I wasn’t that serious with the nastypants myself. And I was referring to the “God Jul och Gott Nytt År”, not your question, which hardly can have one right answer. Swedish phrase like that is obvious to anyone in Northern Europe and as it’s so common phrase it is most likely recognisable in Germany and surrounding countries.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Oh boy, I don’t feel so good.

But this time it’s something too personal to talk about. I just needed to say something to someone.

... Maybe if I can get some sleep ...

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

I hope things get better for you soon, UP. Frown

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I’m sorry Up. *hugs*

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Poor UPtimist. That makes two of us.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Thanks everybody, and sorry for you too, Tsa Meh We’re a sorry (but awesome Tongue) bunch sometimes, eh? Smile

It wasn’t really for me that things were wrong (on the other hand it was, but it’s difficult and I won’t explain) but things have been talked about a little, I had a night of bad sleeping (those two were mainly in the other order though) and it’s better already. Not all dandy, but it’s alright.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

We are supposed to go out tonight and I’ve been refreshing the weather page as it has promised quite a lot of rain. This morning it seemed the rain was postponed to midnight and now it seems to be back at the evening again…

I’m starting to understand those Dutch politicians Wink.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

UPtimist - 13 July 2012 02:11 AM

Thanks everybody, and sorry for you too, Tsa Meh We’re a sorry (but awesome Tongue) bunch sometimes, eh? Smile

We’re the awesomest bunch ever! Smile

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

millenia - 13 July 2012 02:47 AM

Which ones do you mean? Geert Wilders is an idiot; the rest are just amateurs. Confused

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

We are supposed to go out tonight and I’ve been refreshing the weather page as it has promised quite a lot of rain. This morning it seemed the rain was postponed to midnight and now it seems to be back at the evening again…

Where in Finland are you (you were Finnish, right Tongue)? Looks like Helsinki is pretty much dry for today, only around 2AM there should be rain. I’ve found Foreca’s hourly forecasts to be pretty accurate (when in that specific day).

Speaking of weather sites, have you used Helsinki Testbed? Amazing site if you need to see if there’s going to be rain in a shorter time period Smile Only in southern Finland, though (Hämeenlinna-Hanko-Lahti-Loviisa (and northern Estonia, actually)

tsa - 13 July 2012 03:18 AM

Which ones do you mean? Geert Wilders is an idiot; the rest are just amateurs. Confused

The ones who want compensations for wrong forecasts, I’m sure Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top