• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04apignarbzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I would like to recommend Cloak and Dagger games

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I posted this in “What game have you finished” thread, but I think it deserves its own thread…

I have finished all games from Cloak & Dagger, a developer I strongly recommend as one of the best nowadays in my humble opinion. Their games are always well written with logical and fair puzzles. The list of games is:

-The Terrible Old Man: very short adaptation of a short story by H.P. Lovecraft. It really captures Lovecraft’s spirit from the original story. It’s free.

-A Date in the Park: another very short game, half an hour or so, set in a portuguese park with an ending you will never forget… It’s free.

-Mudlarks: their first long game, set in London using real pictures as background. A powerful story I couldn’t stop playing. If you forgive the awkward movement of the characters, you will enjoy a very good adventure game. It’s free.

-Football Game: short game (an hour or so), yet very enjoyable. It seems an simple story of a young football player, but owls are not what they seem…

-Legend of Hand: some kind of RPG-combat-adventure game which I didn’t think I would like at first, but I was very wrong. One of the best games I have played lately, with good sense of humour and very different from what we are used to. A quite long game.

-Sumatra: Fate of Yandi. With a touching and enviromental story, another must-play.

And now I am just waiting for their next game, Incantamentum, a mystery adventure game inspired by folk horror and English folklore. Coming soon!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 848

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Legend of Hand looks pretty cool! Is there combat, and if so, is it turn based or QFG style or…?

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Baron_Blubba - 21 May 2022 12:31 PM

Legend of Hand looks pretty cool! Is there combat, and if so, is it turn based or QFG style or…?

There is combat, turn based, and even though I don’t like combats, I enjoyed myself. At the beginning you have some health points and some trained hits, and as long as you progress in the game, you can increse your health points and learn new hits, and some special movements.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

notice taken!, they are all games I ve heard positive things about, but never tried any

Total Posts: 1798

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ve played two of those - A Date In The Park & Mudlarks - and I can second Walas 74’s views on those two at least. Although the walking (shuffling?) in Mudlarks takes a bit of getting used to I actually wound up finding it quite endearing. And the ending of A Date In The Park really took me by surprise Gasp

I was pretty sure I owned Legend Of Hand and yes, on checking my Steam library, I do. The good news was, when I checked, I found I could buy a Cloak And Dagger bundle (A Date In The Park, Football Game, Sumatra: Fate Of Evil and The Terrible Old Man) for the grand sum of £3.94 - acknowledging that A Date In The Park is free anyway and I already own a copy Smile . The only one not on Steam is Mudlarks.

The only reason I haven’t played Legend Of Hand is because of the combat plus I’m in the process of digitising my complete vinyl collection which leaves little time for games anyway.

Edited to add that, on checking my Steam receipt, I discovered that both A Date In The Park and The Terrible Old Man are collector’s editions so should be different/a bit longer than the original free versions. It’ll make it worthwhile replaying A Date In The Park to see what differences there might be.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Advie - 21 May 2022 02:41 PM

notice taken!, they are all games I ve heard positive things about, but never tried any

same here, thanks for the recommendation. Seems like they try some interesting things with adventure games.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Sumatra:  Fate of Yandi was awesome, I didn’t know they had so many other games. I might need to take a look at some of the others. Thanks for the recommendation.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve enjoyed all of the games so far except for Legend of Hand which is currently residing in my Steam library waiting to be played.

Mudlarks can be downloaded for free from here: Mudlarks

All of the other games are available on Steam - The Terrible Old Man & A Date in the Park are both free. There’s currently 50% off of the very cheap price to start with for Football Game, Sumatra.. & Legend.. to make them even cheaper!  Smile There’s also a deal on the bundle if you want to buy all of them.

Jabod, from what I can glean you get some additional content in the Collectors’ Editions but I’m not sure that you get more game? See here:

The Terrible Old Man

A Date in the Park

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Cloak and Dagger are awesome devs. I’ve played all of the above. Also highly anticipating Incantamentum. Demo was promisingly dark.

Total Posts: 1798

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Chrissie - Thanks for the links. Just a few extras then but well worth while paying such a small amount to support Cloak & Dagger. I never understood how they could do the two games that I played, A Date In The Park and Mudlarks, and give them away, particularly Mudlarks as that’s a full blown game.

Hadn’t heard about Incantamentum so thanks to those here who’ve mentioned it. As a fan of English Folk and Folk-Rock music to say nothing of English and Celtic mythology that is now on my Steam Wishlist Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I’ve played all their games except for Mudlarks (have it in my queue) and Legend of Hand.  Definitely fun & interesting games OP is right the devs are quite talented story tellers.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Guys calma.

I read this thread and went on my way to buy the the cloak and dagger collection on steam(and it is on sale right now actually!). Watch the company start to thrive now.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Origami - 23 May 2022 08:14 AM

Guys calma.

I read this thread and went on my way to buy the the cloak and dagger collection on steam(and it is on sale right now actually!). Watch the company start to thrive now.

You won’t regret!

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

walas74 - 23 May 2022 10:39 AM

Guys calma.

You won’t regret!

What playing order do you recommend?

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Origami - 25 May 2022 08:34 AM
walas74 - 23 May 2022 10:39 AM

Guys calma.

You won’t regret!

What playing order do you recommend?

I guess I may play them chronologically to see the evolution, as they are not related:

-A Date in the Park
-Mudlarks
-Legend of Hand
-Football Game
-The Terrible Old Man:
-Sumatra: Fate of Yandi.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top