• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #58: Memoria

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

today is the last before we move to chapter IV

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still working on chapter 3.  It took me quite a while to figure out what I was supposed to do around the clearing and then in the tent, and I was disappointed that the old one took away the mask that Geron worked so hard to get.  I will play some more tomorrow, but go ahead and start the new section when you’re ready, Advie.  I’ll catch up. 

Are any of these people known to Geron from Chains of Satinav or is he meeting them for the first time?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I also need some time before I finish Chapter 3.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 19 March 2020 11:39 PM

I’m still working on chapter 3.  It took me quite a while to figure out what I was supposed to do around the clearing and then in the tent, and I was disappointed that the old one took away the mask that Geron worked so hard to get.  I will play some more tomorrow, but go ahead and start the new section when you’re ready, Advie.  I’ll catch up.

you already halfway of finishing the chapter.
  I think Doom, Crabapple and DCast wouldn’t mind since they didn’t object Wink , but anyway it is only one day more that wouldn’t be a problem, i will set the date for the chapterIV on next Saturday the 21st. (that is tomorrow but a bit late t dusk)

Lady Kestrel - 19 March 2020 11:39 PM

Are any of these people known to Geron from Chains of Satinav or is he meeting them for the first time?

No, none of those had anything to do with CoS, but there are only 2 NPCs the appears in both games, they are the Hilda the Bar-Maid, and Jacamo who works at the university on magic and ye will meet them both in a tavern at this chapter; chapter III, i am not sure you ‘ve met them already or maybe just about to.

but anyway what will they chat about with Geron have nothing to do with CoS journey, if i didn’t tell you, what i just said now, you would have accepted them both just as some old friends to the hero with a back story that haven’t been told, just like at any tale that has been told.

diego - 20 March 2020 01:12 AM

I also need some time before I finish Chapter 3.

One day more my Prince, hurry on, the game is just about to show its awesomeness.

Doom, Crabapple and DCast if you wanna carry one,  no problem, at many CPTs some members had been lagging behind even after it was finished, it is up to you but i just wanna add that this is really an epic, yet to unfold some mysteries and conundrums which are so awesome and it is nice if we would share this awesomeness together.

Smile

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Let’s share the awesomeness together Grin

I’ve got PLENTY of games to play meanwhile.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I agree, I also have an unfinished Whispers of a Machine lying around.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finally got the right combination (and the tantalizing cut scene) when talking to the 3 men at the table in the pub.  Now I’m trying to work out the correct order of movement in the dormitory.  I’m a bit sleep deprived right now, so I’ll get back to this in the morning when my brain is working better.

By the way, does it make any difference if I don’t get all the achievements?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2020 12:25 AM

By the way, does it make any difference if I don’t get all the achievements?

Nah, Zilch!

you do the dormitory thing right LK, and you are done with the chapter.
i don’t why i thought it was shorter, maybe because in my last replay i remembered all the solutions to each puzzle so i just did faster, i guess that is it.

its 8 AM here, i know ppl have just slept in elsewheres now, so I will be initiating Chapter IV around 12-13 hours from now, so some can get a go at it tonight.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Chapter IV: The Rope Artist.

Play Sadja until we get to Geron and Bryda where we have left them at the clearing, continue with Geron a small bit until he is at the magic University again, and stop.

two things i need to point out with any spoiler(ing) about this chapter:

1. there is a maze at this chapter, but it is not one of those trial and error mazes, it is an adventurous maze, with a concept, a puzzle, and a solution.
but hear me words if you need a kinda coded/unspoiling hint, like the ones we used to get from UHS site; if you knew where you came from, and know where are you going; you can not get lost.

2. when you get back with Geron there is a small dialogue between him and Nuri, they will chat about some matters from Chains of Satinav,  all what they say is worthless to Memoria, just go with it, shuffle the dialogue choices, you can even skip them all the dialogue (lines) if you want to, it WON’T matter a bit.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m sorry to say this, but the first half with Sadja felt like a huge letdown after the original chapters. The rabbit puzzle was forced and more of trial-and-error, and so was the ending puzzle which introduced the new spell in a rather clumsy way - I had to make a guess too may times. And while the maze was fair enough and I didn’t spend much time solving it, it was still just a maze which made you running through lots of (nice looking, but) empty screens with no one to talk to because they took the staff away. Felt like a filler, they might’ve skipped it just as well.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I did a bit of marathon playing tonight.  I finished Geron’s section leading to that creepy cliff hanger in the clearing, then went on until Sadja rescued the staff and emerged from the forest to that lovely scene.  Fortunately, my arachnophobia was triggered only briefly along the way.

In Geron’s section,  I had forgotten about the glass shards in inventory but finally figured out what to do with them.  After that, events flowed fairly smoothly.  There has been quite a bit of to-ing and fro-ing for me, but since I like mazes, I made sure to follow all the tracks just to see what was there.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 21 March 2020 07:14 PM

I’m sorry to say this, but the first half with Sadja felt like a huge letdown after the original chapters. The rabbit puzzle was forced and more of trial-and-error, and so was the ending puzzle which introduced the new spell in a rather clumsy way - I had to make a guess too may times. And while the maze was fair enough and I didn’t spend much time solving it, it was still just a maze which made you running through lots of (nice looking, but) empty screens with no one to talk to because they took the staff away. Felt like a filler, they might’ve skipped it just as well.

True the rabbit puzzle is strange in its order; assembling and dissembling.

The turning to stone spell ‘puzzle’ there wasn’t any actual puzzle there Doom, unless you have played thru the small part of Geron and have gotten back to Sadja again.. but however, this part has been the weakest i wish could have said it is not what i meant by when talking about the game showing its best.
its mostly like you said a filler because if you have taken it out it is not gonna change anything, about whats next in the story but getting to know a bit less/more about Sadja.
but anyways anyhow, you won’t be disappointed in the end, i guarantee this.

Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2020 10:57 PM

I did a bit of marathon playing tonight.  I finished Geron’s section leading to that creepy cliff hanger in the clearing, then went on until Sadja rescued the staff and emerged from the forest to that lovely scene.  Fortunately, my arachnophobia was triggered only briefly along the way.

wow you have made a really long run there, sorry about this arachnophobia, but at least it was very dark to actually see anything.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Since we all in this quarantine together, i recommend playing the next small (kinda) partt until you reach the actual chapterV; watch the long cutscene and Stop there. 

I won’t declare it as a chapter of its own, as i really should have added it to the current chapter(IV) but i actually didn’t get to it until today myself and i thought it was much longer, that I might have considered it a chapter of its own, but no.

so no need to wait for more until we reach ‘our’ Chapter V, which eventually we can start when we hear from one another that we have reached the same point.

stay home, stay healthy everyone.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I actually thought it was just your classic point and click adventure chapter that we can see a variation of in any other game. Nothing terribly exciting as we ended up doing mostly trivial staff here, but not too shabby either.

The rabbit puzzle turned out funny for me because there was a glitch and when the trap closed, the animation of rabbit was left to sit in front of the closed trap so I was scratching my head there for a good minute until I realized what was going on Grin

The maze was a bit too long for my liking, but I didn’t use an option to skip and it’s nice to know it was there for those who gets frustrated with them.

The only part that triggered me emotionally was when Sadja decided to still rescue that bastard after everything he’s done, and I was internally yelling at her to just a figure out a way herself, she’s capable enough, especially for a “city girl”, or maybe team with Amazons, but not help this jerk. I know it turned out for the better, but she had no way of knowing that in advance and, clearly, I’m just over that dude Shifty Eyed

I’ll be heading through ch.IV to beginning of ch.V now.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DCast - 24 March 2020 04:15 AM

The only part that triggered me emotionally was when Sadja decided to still rescue that bastard after everything he’s done, and I was internally yelling at her to just a figure out a way herself, she’s capable enough, especially for a “city girl”, or maybe team with Amazons, but not help this jerk. I know it turned out for the better, but she had no way of knowing that in advance and, clearly, I’m just over that dude Shifty Eyed

but tell me how do you feel for this asshole once you have reached Drakonia.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top