• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danielalbuFlorus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I don’t think even she is going to save this kickstarter.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I liked their update today, with the little PDF talking about the new character. It seems like something they should have released at the very start, but still it’s nice to have it now. Better late than never.

The daily Space Quest playthroughs are proving enjoyable, they’re definitely making up for lost time now by being much more hands-on and accessible than any other Kickstarter I’ve seen thus far.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Wow, someone managed to bring Roberta out from hiding! Awesome to see her being in touch with Scott and Mark.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Fans create an adventure game to help promote this Kickstarter. Introducing Pledge Quest!
http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/page/index.html/_/news/fans-release-pledge-quest-to-support-r41

Runs on Windows and Linux. Sorry Mac. Frown

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2006-05-18

PM

Is anyone else getting nervous - 5 days left and I was expecting a big final push. So far…it’s been better, but not better enough.

I really don’t want any of these to fail.

“The ability to dream is all I have to give. That is my responsibility; that is my burden. And even I grow tired.”
― Harlan Ellison, Stalking the Nightmare

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

thejobloshow - 05 June 2012 10:27 AM

Where is this from?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It shows at the end of the third Prototype

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

wilco - 07 June 2012 06:35 AM

It shows at the end of the third Prototype

Doh, that’s what You get for not sticking till the end, thanks!

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

He guys! There is a AMA Q&A with the Two Guys going on right now! http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/upxvi/iam_we_are_guys_from_andromeda_scott_murphy_and/ stop by and ask about SpaceVenture Smile

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2003-09-19

PM

Gonzosports - 07 June 2012 03:51 AM

Is anyone else getting nervous - 5 days left and I was expecting a big final push. So far…it’s been better, but not better enough.

I really don’t want any of these to fail.

They set a pretty high goal without really showing the game or it actually being a space quest game. I’m pulling for them obviously but ... well, we’ll see how it goes.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Draco2.5 - 07 June 2012 12:23 PM

They set a pretty high goal without really showing the game or it actually being a space quest game. I’m pulling for them obviously but ... well, we’ll see how it goes.

So did Tim Schafer. Obviously his success was unusual and it’s becoming very clear that most developers will have to work a lot harder than that to be successful on Kickstarter, but you can’t blame them for thinking they were saying plenty, based on the precedent.

I think it’s going to make it. The past three days have been very good and I think it’s going to keep gaining momentum. Everyone loves rooting for the underdog.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

When you look at the surprising figures you will see that this project has more backers than the Tex game, but they are averaging less.

$371k with 7,200 backers   = $51 each

compared to

$465k with 5,123 backers   = $91 each

If every current backer increased their pledge by about $18 they would make their target.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Lucien21 - 07 June 2012 03:28 PM

If every current backer increased their pledge by about $18 they would make their target.

When you put it like that, I suppose I could up my pledge by a little.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Yesterday was a big spike. If the ykeep it up for 4 days more, it will get funded. Like lucien mentioned, the big advantage is the large number of backers, so if it gets close, it only takes about half of them to add 10-20 to make up the goal.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Look, others want you to support this Kickstarter too!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top