• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

FlorusJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 3 June 2012

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

UPtimist - 03 February 2013 04:28 AM

So where do you people think one should start with Mysts? I mean, how much are they related to each other, how much do I miss if I don’t start from the beginning etc.? While normally I don’t mind the graphics so much, I think in Mysts where all you do is just stare at the scenery it could be a bit different…

So, which is the best one? And is it a good place to start?

Play them in order if you want to get a grab on the story.
In terms of graphics, they all stand exceptionally well (except the original Myst of course) even for today’s standards (Actually, I believe they are the best the genre has to offer. Especially in Riven and Myst IV).

Zifnab - 03 February 2013 04:44 AM

Finally I think End of Ages as long as you don’t expect a magnificent finale. (Skip Uru)

No,no,no…. Play Uru and skip End of Ages. Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Not to say anything about its quality, Uru is not really a Myst game. Does not feel like one to me. But then, you could make the same argument for End of Ages.

I think the simplicity of Exile makes it a good place to start. Riven might be better (to some) but less accessible than the smaller, diverse ages of Exile.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 04 February 2013 01:57 AM

Not to say anything about its quality, Uru is not really a Myst game. Does not feel like one to me. But then, you could make the same argument for End of Ages.

True. No one is interested in the story/fate of D’ni.
Myst games should be about Atrus’s family.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Yes, what the heck happened to those boys?!  Too much leniency in allowing them access to the worlds, as Atrus himself has alluded to.

Myst activated the psychoanalyitical part of my brain as few games ever have and I devoured every one.

Play The Five Cores if you want a short but worthy homage to the series.

There are also several books that detail the fall of D’ni and the exploits of Tiana, (Atrus’ grandmother I think), which are very well-written and suspenseful that you would enjoy if you’re a fan.  There are more dastardly villains as well.  More than enough content for 2 to 3 games if Cyan could ever be persuaded to do a Kickstart.  I for one would be willing to shell out big bucks for that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top