• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Kickstarter Point&Click;: AR-K

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

TimovieMan - 02 May 2013 12:53 PM

But you can’t fault them for trying with big names now, can you? While not that many adventure gamers may have heard of Greg Rucka, he’s a big name. The same with Liz Sroka: she voiced probably the most likeable character in video gaming history - that makes her a big name as well. Maybe not everyone here knows either Rucka or Sroka, but there are quite a few that do.
In fact, the campaign could do with even more exposure of these two names, if only to get the media to jump on this. If they could tap into the market of gaming comic book readers, or Mass Effect fans, then it’ll help the campaign. Especially now that “adventure game” is no longer a dirty word in the gaming industry….

I agree with you.  I try to keep aware of new kickstarter projects, and this is really the only place I’ve seen this one mentioned.  They could definitely do with a stronger marketing push.  Maybe if Greg Rucka had giant, pendulous breasts…

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Hahahahaha….!!! Lambonius you are impossible!!!
I have seen that Destructoid and Indie Game Mag have covered them, but not much more…
They need much more to get their objectives.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Lambonius - 02 May 2013 01:18 PM

I agree with you.  I try to keep aware of new kickstarter projects, and this is really the only place I’ve seen this one mentioned.  They could definitely do with a stronger marketing push.  Maybe if Greg Rucka had giant, pendulous breasts…

Yeah, please don’t give women realistic breasts(and women’s breast bounce beautifully in real life. Maybe you’re all looking at women with silicone transplants….not to mention, there are more women with larger breasts that I’ve seen that of this character.)

Though, I do like my fictional characters with smaller breasts. I feel the need to connect with them instead of staring at their breasts. Hey if they gave men larger crotches, i’d be looking at them too over connecting with them.

I do digress though, I find it demeaning to criticize someone’s work for being demeaning. Breasts are breasts. Same with men with muscular bodies. Its like those folks that are scared of saying the word black out loud. Its pathetic and weak. Get over it. I’m tired of people sitting on the high horse all the time. Don’t like it? Walk away. Is it really demeaning? Then the kickstarter will fail. Complaining only makes you sound like a rigid fallacy of a human being. There are more important things to discuss and this game being demeaning isn’t one of them.

My friend Sasha Palacio, great artist, draws her women with large bottoms. A solid and extravagant hourglass shape. Are you going to call her work demeaning because she enlarged a part of the character’s body? No. Seriously, tits need to stop being a taboo. Then again, I should just bitch about how almost all women’s erotica has shirtless muscular men on the book covers.

I played a bit of the demo and quite enjoyed it. The artistic direction is nice too and by no means cartoony. It had a nice soft 3d look without imitating an ugly cel shaded effect like Runaway.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Lambonius (and the rest), take a look at this In game video they have just published:

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have just finished playing the first episode, and i must say that i’m disappointed!

The simple truth is that i can’t think of a single positive thing to say about it. I found the characters bland and uninteresting, the story boring and without any edge, the dialog poorly written/translated, the puzzles arbitrary and uninspired, okay the graphics and animation wasn’t outright bad, but too clean and empty for my taste, and finally it has an interface that was clearly designed for tablet and not for pc which i played it on.

There might have been some good ideas and good intentions behind this, but they are simply not executed very well, and i have played freeware and fan games (The Silver Lining to name one) that are better then this game.

It might be interesting to see if they can improve with a new writer and a better budget, i really hope they do, but imo there are many other kickstarters that shows far more potential than this one.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Iznogood - 03 May 2013 07:32 AM

I have just finished playing the first episode, and i must say that i’m disappointed!

The simple truth is that i can’t think of a single positive thing to say about it. I found the characters bland and uninteresting, the story boring and without any edge, the dialog poorly written/translated, the puzzles arbitrary and uninspired, okay the graphics and animation wasn’t outright bad, but too clean and empty for my taste, and finally it has an interface that was clearly designed for tablet and not for pc which i played it on.

There might have been some good ideas and good intentions behind this, but they are simply not executed very well, and i have played freeware and fan games (The Silver Lining to name one) that are better then this game.

It might be interesting to see if they can improve with a new writer and a better budget, i really hope they do, but imo there are many other kickstarters that shows far more potential than this one.

There probably are other good and possibly even better kickstarters but the game didn’t really disappoint me at all. I thought the puzzles were actually on the better side of adventure scheme, they’re not brilliant but they were rather fun and smooth. The surroundings and characters were rather pretty and the main plotline interesting. We don’t get to meet the characters for very long so I am not expecting them to be incredibly deep and meaningful right away, it takes a while to find the layers.

But obviously it just wasn’t your cup of tea and that’s fine Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

diabolini - 03 May 2013 04:08 AM

Lambonius (and the rest), take a look at this In game video they have just published:

If this video was supposed to prove that the character isn’t overly sexualized, then it was a massive failure.  Try watching it without sound and counting the number of gratuitous T&A shots.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Lambonius - 03 May 2013 12:10 PM
diabolini - 03 May 2013 04:08 AM

If this video was supposed to prove that the character isn’t overly sexualized, then it was a massive failure.  Try watching it without sound and counting the number of gratuitous T&A shots.

OK, I took that challenge, and I don’t see what you are talking about. Unless you are defining “gratuitous T&A shots” as any screen where those portions of her anatomy appear anywhere in view, I didn’t notice much in the way of what I would call “T&A shots”, which would generally be shots where those bits of her anatomy are clearly the FOCUS of the shot. Perhaps you are, for whatever reason, more sensitized to such things?

I won’t argue that the character hasn’t been designed in a manner that accentuates certain features. I’m just saying that the video linked doesn’t seem to show any evidence, that I can see, of going out of its way to further focus on them.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I dunno—I’m seeing it in pretty much every closeup shot of the character.  In general, the way she moves and poses seems to be explicitly designed to show as much of those features as possible.  That little black dress?  The shots of her bending over from behind?  The hilariously over-the-top pose of her holding onto the train at the end?  Her body seems to be in a near constant state of “tits up, ass out” posing.

But you’re right—this particular video itself doesn’t really go blatantly out of its way to further accentuate those features, but those features still clearly come through, and a few shots seem to have specifically been included to show things like the character appearing in skimpy outfits, for example.

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Lambonius, you haven´t played the game, but you think can talk about it as if you had done. In the game, she hates the black dress “it makes me look like a bitch”. In the game, there is no bouncing tits, but now it seems that the problem is not the “bouncing”, but also the size.

I think the problem is in the cartoonish style. The head is obviously much bigger than the rest of the body, but you didn´t even noticed that.

You are like that kind of men that never know what is the color of the eyes…

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

diabolini - 03 May 2013 03:26 PM

Lambonius, you haven´t played the game, but you think can talk about it as if you had done. In the game, she hates the black dress “it makes me look like a bitch”. In the game, there is no bouncing tits, but now it seems that the problem is not the “bouncing”, but also the size.

I think the problem is in the cartoonish style. The head is obviously much bigger than the rest of the body, but you didn´t even noticed that.

You are like that kind of men that never know what is the color of the eyes…

I don’t need to have played the game to comment on its sexualized visual design.  That is readily apparent from the videos and still images.  I haven’t commented on the size of her head because it has nothing to do with her sexualization.  If you take some time to read my above post, I was specifically commenting on the poses of the figure as well as the way she appears to move, all of which are meant to draw attention to her lady-parts.  Deny it if you must, but don’t go all reverse-victimhood on us and call me a sexist.  Just because sexism isn’t a problem for you doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem.  I’m glad you’ve never had to experience it.  You must lead a privileged life indeed.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Lambonius - 03 May 2013 03:46 PM

If you take some time to ready my above post, I was specifically commenting on the poses of the figure as well as the way she appears to move, all of which are meant to draw attention to her lady-parts.  Deny it if you must, but don’t go all reverse-victimhood on us and call me a sexist.  Just because sexism isn’t a problem for you doesn’t mean it isn’t a problem.

Conversely, just because you see stuff as obviously intended to “draw attention to her lady-parts” doesn’t make that gospel truth. For whatever reason, you seem to be VERY senisitized on this subject. I can tell you, truthfully, that I see nothing in that video that seems to me to be designed specifically to draw attention to her “lady-parts”, other than, possibly, their size. You see egregious T&A shots, and I see nothing I would call such, egregious or not. I see nothing especially blatant in her poses, or her movements. In the earlier video, I found myself scratching my head over all the flap over “boob jiggle”, as even when I (feeling somewhat ridiculous) watching it for the express purpose of evaluating that, I was barely able to see any movement in that area at all, certainly nothing exaggerated.

Now maybe I’m just oblivious. That’s certainly possible. But I’d say it is equally possible that you are over-sensitive, or that (most likely) the answer lies somewhere in between.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Mister Ed - 03 May 2013 06:11 PM

or that (most likely) the answer lies somewhere in between.

Heh…I can agree with that.  Wink

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

I missed an article in Adventure Gamers. Now it is…
http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/24521

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I found Gato Salvaje’s profile on Reddit IAmA:

http://redd.it/1dy92r

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top