• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best “music” moments?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

JackVanian - 09 February 2013 06:39 PM
inm8#2 - 09 February 2013 04:52 PM

My most memorable “music” moment in gaming has to be from GK1 when you meet Wolfgang.

It was at that moment my young self thought, “Am I actually playing this? Is this amazing game real?” Totally overtook me. The music during that whole sequence was just unreal and totally captivating.

I’m sorry for borrowing your words, but that statement describes my most intense encounter with music in a game better than I could probably describe it myself. Will never forget that scene and the impact the music had in it.

Please borrow my words! It makes me happy to know that moment was so special for others.

Honestly, GK1 changed my life. It kind of ushered me out of my young childhood and into my early teen years. I know it sounds silly, but it’s true. And the music was such a large part of the game, hitting just the right notes at every moment. Combined with such powerful, personal storytelling, it was a once in a lifetime experience to play GK1 for the first time.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I definitely agree with inm8#2 regarding one of my most memorable moments in Adventure gaming when you meet Wolfgang for the first time in GK1. Such a powerful moment and the music just enhances that feeling.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

To me there has been nothing like starting up Gabriel Knight 3 without even really knowing that well what it was and beginning to hear this:

Still gives me the chills…

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

One of my favourites that just popped into my mind is the band in Machinarium. I absolutely loved that part.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

This moment from GK2:

The intro music from the Last Express(end credits are really good too with the map):

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-01-03

PM

Machinarium - Mr. Hanagote
The in game version is much better than the soundtrack one.. starts at 40 seconds in
I should say, that’s a link to a walk-through, so beware if you haven’t played it yet.. or just listen and don’t watch Smile

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

For some reason I have no trouble coming up with lots of games with great music but pinpointing an exact moment when the music perfectly enhanced the proceedings is much harder. Still, right off the top of my head:

-The first I thought of, that one moment in To The Moon. The only game that has made me cry, and that’s where I turned on the waterworks. (DON’T click on this unless you’ve completed the game)
-There are lots of good ones in the two Syberia games. This one’s an easy example.
-April sees Arcadia for the first time
-The beginning of Year Two in Grim Fandango
-And, for some reason, probably because I am replaying it right now, this song from The Neverhood. In game, it plays in the lobby of the Hall of Records and it just does so well in establishing the whimsical atmosphere of the game.

UPtimist - 10 February 2013 05:18 AM

To me there has been nothing like starting up Gabriel Knight 3 without even really knowing that well what it was and beginning to hear this:

Still gives me the chills…

Chills is right! It’s so good!

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2003-09-14

PM

I always loved the scenes in Blade Runner when you returned to McCoy’s apartment at the end of the day and looked out the balcony, with that lovely Vangelis bluesy music. Such great atmosphere.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I think hearing the Monkey Island theme at the beginning of Curse was probably one of my favourites. We had to live with midi samples and speaker bleeps before then. It just blew me away.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

-Grim Fandango Year 2 outskirts.
-Bladerunner Maintheme inside appartment, room and balcony.
-Syria in Brokensword.
-GK3 hotel room themes.
-Phantasmagoria2 appartment theme in first chapter.
-Cing games are filled with many too many to point, specially conversations.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Lots of favorites listed here—including everything from Rubacava in Grim Fandango, and pretty much the whole Broken Sword 1 soundtrack—but I also would add the soundtrack to Dagger of Amon Ra. Yes, even the “Archaeologist Song.”;)

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-08-23

PM

When you first start up Hitman 2, in an era of cheap electronic soundtracks (including Hitman 1) I was absolutely shocked by the epicness of this music, turned out to be real full orchestra (which I guess was more rare back in those days).

As for adventure, of the top of my head is Beneath a Steel Sky’s tune in this level

, but really there are so many good ones I don’t know where to being.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

I’d say, all the above plus

Southern Front Porch Whistler from
the Neverhood

The Saxophone music in Under a Killing Moon (what they use in the kickstarter updates)

And anything from Outlaws

Also Myst III Main Theme

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

I think I’ve mentioned this in other music threads but my favorite musical scene is from GK3 after Gabe wakes up from his nightmare and gets in bed with Grace and puts his medallion on her for protection. The emotion of that scene and the way the beautiful music swells makes me almost cry every time.

And all the music in GK2 is just fantastic.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

My favorite is the Blackwell Legacy soundtrack. Simple, repetitive, slightly creepy piano themes with electronics and beats. Here’s an example:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top