• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition Episode 2 Release & Live Event on Jan. 30th! 

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

KatieHal - 31 January 2013 02:25 PM

Thank you!! I am particularly proud of that one Smile

Very enjoyable overall Katie, that’s for sure. The final puzzle was indeed very good…only thing is [spoiler] the display says that exiting the test area results in failure of the test. Hence for quite a time we didn’t realise it was possible to go back to the shelves & were trying to answer the questions by general knowledge & common sense! We did quite well till the 4 configurations. At that point, we happily found out fairly quickly that it is possible to leave the screen after all. I would say the instructions here should be slightly clearer. Apart from that, the puzzle worked really well.[/spoiler]

Looking forward to episode 3!

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Hi Davey! Glad you enjoyed the game Smile

Whoops!Sorry that wasn’t as clear; but yes, it was meant as ‘don’t leave the room or else’ rather than the screen itself. Glad you got through it regardless!

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2012-11-27

PM

I quite enjoyed the second episode, but I think I like the first episode more. I felt the story to be a bit more contrived here and there was hardly any character interaction, so that all the characters that didn’t get all that much screen time in the first game (practically everyone besides Erica herself), were even less important here. 

It appeared to be shorter as well. I think it took me several hours longer to get through the first one and the ending came a bit too soon this time around. This was partly because the puzzles were easier, though mostly better designed. I would like a bit more challenge though, as I didn’t really get stuck, besides one time at the beginning when I didn’t realise that it was possible to go one level higher on the map and see other locations (had forgotten about that). The stain on the wall where my head connected with it is still there to remind me of my stupidity.

I do like the new power that has been added, and would have liked to see the one from the first game where you manipulate memories (during the questioning) to make a return, but it wasn’t really used here.

But in the end, the game managed to sink its hooks in me and made me anxious to know what was going to happen next, which is of course a big positive. I also Like how it can be quite gruesome and doesn’t pull any punches in its presentation of the crimes and flashbacks.

So, while it’s not without its flaws, I’m enjoying myself with this episodic series and episode 3 can’t be released soon enough. Damn those cliffhangers.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Hi Ryan! Thanks for the feedback, great to hear you enjoyed yourself. Smile Hehe, we do enjoy our cliffhangers! It was different in a number of ways from Ep 1, so it’s good to hear what people like and don’t like about those differences.

Ep 3 is shaping up well. Another Episode that has its own spin that’s also different from Eps 1 and 2. We also like to keep things fresh. Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top