• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jane Jensen interview at MM

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I thought you might want to check out our special interview with Jane Jensen posted here at Mystery Manor.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Thank you for posting that. I really enjoyed reading the interview! I love Jane’s storytelling and design. I love how she blends gothic/supernatural themes and grounds them in great character drama.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-08-23

PM

Flashback! Not only does JJ make me think of the golden era of adventure games, but that MM website really looks like it was made in 1997! Grin

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Niber - 08 December 2012 01:27 AM

Flashback! Not only does JJ make me think of the golden era of adventure games, but that MM website really looks like it was made in 1997! Grin

Just like adventure gaming never changes am i rite? Tongue jk

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Plenty of interesting questions and answers to Jane and Robert (sorry Advie, no Berta) went live tonight at http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2irxex/im_jane_jensen_game_designer_and_author_ama/

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hi Jane and Robert, What are your favorite recently released adventure games?

[–]JaneJensenHolmes

The Walking Dead.

#nowonder

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

nomadsoul - 09 October 2014 09:07 PM

Hi Jane and Robert, What are your favorite recently released adventure games?

[–]JaneJensenHolmes

The Walking Dead.

#nowonder #recruit_me

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

For the MM interview - the blue text on the dark background is pretty hard to read (or did I just not load an additional bacground layer).

In the Reddit AMA the sad thing was hearing that sequels to both Moebius and Gray Matter are unlikely to ever happen (as games, at least - she did mention the possibility of books, though). I got the idea that especially Moebius is almost certainly not going to happen. I can live with that (though certainly am sad about it, I’d loved to have seen it evolve in game - and the books were just a theoretical possibility, too), but I’d really like Gray Matter 2 and I’d have thought that it wasn’t so unsuccessful.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s not really a surprise that Moebius 2 won’t be hapening. A game that gets that blasted critically wont be on anyones “to buy”-list. I’m not surprised on GM2 two either, as that one, despite an okay adventure, was so much under the radar, that I don’t think many people even realised it existed, unless they were fans of Jensen’s work.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

UPtimist - 10 October 2014 10:39 AM

For the MM interview - the blue text on the dark background is pretty hard to read (or did I just not load an additional bacground layer).

Fall Tournament is in progress, and they’re traditionally changing the forum skin during that time.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

UPtimist - 10 October 2014 10:39 AM

In the Reddit AMA the sad thing was hearing that sequels to both Moebius and Gray Matter are unlikely to ever happen (as games, at least - she did mention the possibility of books, though). I got the idea that especially Moebius is almost certainly not going to happen. I can live with that (though certainly am sad about it, I’d loved to have seen it evolve in game - and the books were just a theoretical possibility, too), but I’d really like Gray Matter 2 and I’d have thought that it wasn’t so unsuccessful.

I just feel so disappointed too that maybe there won’t be a sequel to either Gray Matter or Moebius - a book just doesn’t work for me as a substitute for continuing a game (otherwise I do like reading!) Both games are worthy of more & I’d just love to be interactively engaged in further stories with visual immersive environments that’s a different experience to reading about it in novels!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top