• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Congratulations Fantasie! I hope you will enjoy it at your new place. Will you find work there too or are you still studying?

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Exciting times Fantasy!

And on a (hopefully!) unrelated note:

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

temporaryscars - 05 August 2012 07:54 PM
Jatsie - 05 August 2012 07:48 PM
temporaryscars - 05 August 2012 02:38 AM

Eating beef stew at 2:30 in the morning is never a good idea. Seriously, since when was tomato soup an ingredient in beef stew?

Tempsie, Saksquash! Is it you? Gasp

Yes, my 10 year ban is complete. It must be some sort of record.

I knew it!

@Fantasy
Exciting news! Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Congrats on the new job and relocation! Nothing to be nervous about, you should be excited! I wish I could move somewhere else. NY is wearing thin on me these days.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Exciting news, Fantasie! Dare I say, fantastic? Tongue

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll have a massive AGers housewarming party? Wink

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Haven’t been around much these last few weeks. Funny how I get more online time and gaming time when I’m at work all day, than I do when I’m on vacation.

Let’s blame the missus… Shifty Eyed

Kidding aside, congrats to Fantasy on marrying someone with a well-paying job. Grin
Don’t fear change - change is often good! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Exciting times Fantasie!!  Grin

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Where is everyone?

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Eating beef stew at 2:30 in the morning is never a good idea. Seriously, since when was tomato soup an ingredient in beef stew?

It’s good to know you’re alive and well, buddy!  I was just thinking about you the other day.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Sage - 07 August 2012 12:50 AM

It’s good to know you’re alive and well, buddy!  I was just thinking about you the other day.

Alive and well indeed! Much has changed. I believe the last time I posted here I was still in my early years of college. In that time I bought a house (sadly, in NY, what was I thinking?!) and got married. Crazy, right?

How are things on your end? Still living it up down in the dirty south? I still kick myself for not going to New Orleans before the hurricane hit, especially after all that great advice you gave me.

Good to hear from you again as well, I was starting to worry that all the old faces had gone…

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I still remember you two, Sage and temporaryscars.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

temporaryscars - 07 August 2012 01:00 AM
Sage - 07 August 2012 12:50 AM

Alive and well indeed! Much has changed. I believe the last time I posted here I was still in my early years of college.

Yes, and with a creepy roommate as I recall.

In that time I bought a house (sadly, in NY, what was I thinking?!) and got married. Crazy, right?

I’m not sure I’m qualified to judge what counts as “crazy”, except perhaps in a “setting a bad example/don’t let this happen to you!” context.  A large number of people aspire to both, and there’s something to be said for achieving one’s goals relatively early on in life.

How are things on your end? Still living it up down in the dirty south?

Yep, still in Alabama.  I have a different job with the same company now, and am no longer a supervisor (Halle-freakin’-lujah!), so my stress level has dropped dramatically. Grin

I still kick myself for not going to New Orleans before the hurricane hit, especially after all that great advice you gave me.

You can always go now.  The main downtown (party) area wasn’t much affected by Katrina anyway, and things should surely be back to business as usual 7 years later.

Good to hear from you again as well, I was starting to worry that all the old faces had gone…

Not all of us, although some of us don’t post as frequently as we once did. Smile

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sage - 07 August 2012 01:24 AM

Not all of us, although some of us don’t post as frequently as we once did. Smile

YEah, he says pointing fingers at Sage, what up with that Pan

Don’t make me dig out the piggly wiggly T-Shirt.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 07 August 2012 02:46 AM

I should tell you that I had quite a giggle imagining the oh-so-American phrase “what up with that” being said with a Scottish accent.

In the interest of fair play, please feel free to have a laugh at my expense by imagining a typically Scottish phrase being spoken in a thick Southern drawl.

Please do!  We’d love to see a pic of you in it. Smile

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Sage - 07 August 2012 03:07 AM

I should tell you that I had quite a giggle imagining the oh-so-American phrase “what up with that” being said with a Scottish accent.

In the interest of fair play, please feel free to have a laugh at my expense by imagining a typically Scottish phrase being spoken in a thick Southern drawl.

Please do!  We’d love to see a pic of you in it. Smile

Aah.. I have heard about the legendare Sage too, even though I wasn’t here before! And I have seen a piggly wiggly T-shirt in action! Grin Not On Lucien though, but on Stephurban, the day before the Hastings meeting!
There should be a photo of that in the Hastings thread, in my post with the link to my photos of that day. Now all we need is one of Lucien too… Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top