• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KurufinweVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 1 remixed soundtrack on vinyl record.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2022-03-27

PM

Hey there everyone, I just thought I’d let you guys know that space quest historian has been working on a remix of the Gabriel Knight 1 soundtrack and has just released it on youtube. Have a listen.

If you like what you hear consider backing his project to release it on vinyl record.
https://qrates.com/projects/26203-synths-of-the-father

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I listened to the first three or four minutes, and it sounded quite nice. Now I never played GK1, so I have no idea whether this is an accurate representation. But, even if it is, and I had played the game, I’m not sure I would want to listen to 1:48+ of it.

Here’s a clip from Game of Thrones. One of the guitarists was the composer of the theme. Another was the music director for the entire series. Think it is a much more concise version of what you are trying to accomplish.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 03 May 2022 09:32 PM

I listened to the first three or four minutes, and it sounded quite nice. Now I never played GK1, so I have no idea whether this is an accurate representation. But, even if it is, and I had played the game, I’m not sure I would want to listen to 1:48+ of it.

Those are quite different in style from the originals, definitely more inspired by synthwave. That’s not necessarily a bad thing in itself, but the original soundtrack is more old school cinematic, you know mystery/thriller, in nature.

Other than that, I do wish this project good luck, I’m just not the target audience myself, as I don’t really care for music on physical medium anymore.

Total Posts: 1662

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tomimt - 04 May 2022 03:00 AM
rtrooney - 03 May 2022 09:32 PM

Those are quite different in style from the originals, definitely more inspired by synthwave. That’s not necessarily a bad thing in itself, but the original soundtrack is more old school cinematic, you know mystery/thriller, in nature.

Other than that, I do wish this project good luck, I’m just not the target audience myself, as I don’t really care for music on physical medium anymore.

Agreed if you like that genre it sounds decent, but that’s not my music of choice. and the whole synth come back ever since stranger things is starting to get tiresome as a whole to me in general.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I like how the Space Quest Historian keeps one foot in music, he knows his stuff. He was in a punk band at some time and he did some industrial synth-based stuff if I remember correctly.

This pretty much slaps. It works from good source material and has good production values. Is everything digitally produced or are some of those drums recorded and dubbed in? I like the sound.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 May 2022 03:45 PM

I like how the Space Quest Historian keeps one foot in music, he knows his stuff. He was in a punk band at some time and he did some industrial synth-based stuff if I remember correctly.

I don’t like the edit nor the mix, but I have a great appreciation for him digging deep into sound libraries to maintain an equal sound to the original tracks and effects of the that same era

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top