• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 23 March 2022 09:55 AM

EDIT Please Tim (Rooney) try downloading the game to give it a go if you’re interested & if it doesn’t work see here about refunds on GOG:
Smile GOG Refunds

What a pleasant comment. Still mulling what I would like to say in response to Karlok’s. But I know that was just some adversarial “bait” so I choose not to reply. Yes, I will get it shortly. My Win10 PC has sufficient stuff to be upgradeable to Win11. So, I’m guessing it will handle this game. Will probably not get around to it until next Tuesday, but am looking forward to it. Thanks for the encouragement. T

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Enjoying this so much.

I just love all the scenery-chewing. Look at an item, hear Kate/Dana’s responses. Pick it up, rotate it, look at it from all the angles. Click on it again and hear comments about the various details.

And all the introspection. It’s great. If someone had told me beforehand, I’d probably have said “boring…”. And usually I’m rushing through the adventure games I play. Yet here it works perfectly.

I imagine non-adventure gamers would hate it, but adventure games have been trying to make their games more exciting for years, without a lot of success - maybe the solution all along was to slow things down even more!

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 23 March 2022 09:40 PM

Still mulling what I would like to say in response to Karlok’s. But I know that was just some adversarial “bait” so I choose not to reply.

You know it is true, that’s the reason you choose not to reply. After all those years you still need help with everything and you get it every single time. Did you google “GOG refund”, like I suggested? No, you waited till somebody came along with a link to click on. I wouldn’t say what I said if I thought you were mentally challenged and couldn’t cope. But you’re an intelligent human being, who plays adventure games and solves puzzles. Don’t tell me you can’t find out what GOG’s refund policy is.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Fuck, i can’t run this game on my Laptop, or i mean it runs but it’s too laggy to enjoy..
my lifetime story, always my PC have been outdated

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

PlanetX - 22 March 2022 04:39 PM

I completed the game and it’s great. The World Before really breathes life into the Syberia franchise again. Good mysteries, great settings, phenomenal music. A fantastic dedication to the legacy of Benoit Sokal and his art.

If the puzzles were a bit more in depth it would be even better but nonetheless it’s a fantastic game.

Jdawg445 - 22 March 2022 10:46 AM

I really do want to play this new one but my computer barely meets the requirements and I think it would be a stuttering mess,so I will wait for a console version.

You could always just give it a shot to check the performance since Valve lets you refund games if you’ve played less than two hours.

I’m about 12 hours in now. I would guess I’m 50 percent complete. It’s nice to have such a long game. Well worth the $39.99. I’ve heard the game has a bit of a cliff hanger ending. I wonder if another game could be possible with a new producer? I guess we’ll have to see how well the game sells before this question would even be asked.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I’ve seen people call TWB4’s ending a cliffhanger as well and I wouldn’t agree with that. It leaves an open question but every other big mystery of the game is resolved. More importantly (to me at least) Kate’s character arc is complete. She’s tested by the weight of her consequences and her resolve to be an adventurer is in question. Is this the life she really wanted? Or has she just been simply entertaining a delusion to avoid facing her problems? Through the journey in TWB4 Kate learns more about herself, her family past of explorers and resistance fighters, and comes to an understanding that chasing adventure is at the core of who she really is. As she expresses in the final phone call to Olivia (at least with the option I picked). She’s sorry for the people she’s hurt, but her new life isn’t a mere coping mechanism. It’s the real Kate Walker.

To me, once she’s gone through that arc of characterization, the openness of TWB4’s final moments are an invitation to wonder about all the adventures Kate will go on with her newfound, reinvigorated, sense of purpose. I actually think it’s rather beautiful.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 24 March 2022 08:48 AM

Fuck, i can’t run this game on my Laptop, or i mean it runs but it’s too laggy to enjoy..

Game streaming platforms may workout for you.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 113

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

PlanetX - 24 March 2022 10:35 AM

I’ve seen people call TWB4’s ending a cliffhanger as well and I wouldn’t agree with that. It leaves an open question but every other big mystery of the game is resolved. More importantly (to me at least) Kate’s character arc is complete. She’s tested by the weight of her consequences and her resolve to be an adventurer is in question. Is this the life she really wanted? Or has she just been simply entertaining a delusion to avoid facing her problems? Through the journey in TWB4 Kate learns more about herself, her family past of explorers and resistance fighters, and comes to an understanding that chasing adventure is at the core of who she really is. As she expresses in the final phone call to Olivia (at least with the option I picked). She’s sorry for the people she’s hurt, but her new life isn’t a mere coping mechanism. It’s the real Kate Walker.

To me, once she’s gone through that arc of characterization, the openness of TWB4’s final moments are an invitation to wonder about all the adventures Kate will go on with her newfound, reinvigorated, sense of purpose. I actually think it’s rather beautiful.

This is reassuring Smile I’m not close to done yet, I’m taking my sweet time with this game so I haven’t read your spoilers, but I’ve also seen these comments and I was afraid it would leave things unresolved and would sour the experience, specially now without Sokal. But I thought that if it was anything like the original Syberia’s “cliffhanger” which in my view it wasn’t really a cliffhanger then it would be perfect.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

danigar - 25 March 2022 10:37 AM

This is reassuring Smile I’m not close to done yet, I’m taking my sweet time with this game so I haven’t read your spoilers, but I’ve also seen these comments and I was afraid it would leave things unresolved and would sour the experience, specially now without Sokal. But I thought that if it was anything like the original Syberia’s “cliffhanger” which in my view it wasn’t really a cliffhanger then it would be perfect.

Yes, there’s one significant question left to the imagination. But I’d consider a cliffhanger to be the kind of ending that requires a continuation to be a complete story. There are interesting ways they could continue Kate’s journey from here, but TWB4 does tell a complete story.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 24 March 2022 06:18 AM
rtrooney - 23 March 2022 09:40 PM

Still mulling what I would like to say in response to Karlok’s. But I know that was just some adversarial “bait” so I choose not to reply.

You know it is true, that’s the reason you choose not to reply. After all those years you still need help with everything and you get it every single time. Did you google “GOG refund”, like I suggested? No, you waited till somebody came along with a link to click on. I wouldn’t say what I said if I thought you were mentally challenged and couldn’t cope. But you’re an intelligent human being, who plays adventure games and solves puzzles. Don’t tell me you can’t find out what GOG’s refund policy is.

Can’t let go can you?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 25 March 2022 08:43 PM

Can’t let go can you?

Can’t learn to help yourself, can you?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 24 March 2022 12:58 PM
Advie - 24 March 2022 08:48 AM

Game streaming platforms may workout for you.

My man!, thanks, Gabe. finally, someone who fkn cares, instead of farting senseless words

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 23 March 2022 09:55 AM

EDIT Please Tim (Rooney) try downloading the game to give it a go if you’re interested & if it doesn’t work see here about refunds on GOG:
Smile GOG Refunds

I downloaded the game from GOG. I was having some speed problems with my purveyor so the dl took almost two hours for what should have been about 15 minutes. Woof! Haven’t given it a try yet. Will see whether everything works on Tuesday.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the game will run okay for you.  Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

PlanetX - 25 March 2022 11:34 AM
danigar - 25 March 2022 10:37 AM

Yes, there’s one significant question left to the imagination. But I’d consider a cliffhanger to be the kind of ending that requires a continuation to be a complete story. There are interesting ways they could continue Kate’s journey from here, but TWB4 does tell a complete story.

I’m so glad to hear this, thanks for sharing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top