• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

GAME OF THE YEAR at Geek-Badge

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Very impressive, especially from a non-adventure site!

I love this quote at the end: “The world needs as much TellTale right now as it can take.”

(I hope that means more Monkey Island and Sam & Max Grin)

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

A GOTY officially announced… on December 5??? What’s happened with the rest of the month???

Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zin - 05 December 2012 02:51 PM

A GOTY officially announced… on December 5??? What’s happened with the rest of the month???

Shifty Eyed

A lot of sites cut off at a specific date in November, and everything that comes after will be eligible in the following year.
I think Geek-Badge works the same way.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

what is geek badge and why should i care about what they think??

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Im not familiar with GeekBadge either, so for me this is little more than some random (and presumably quite geeky) guys opinion. I agree with his choice though, and it makes me happy to see an adventure game outrank all those twitching titles, regardless of where I see it. The sentence “A true masterpiece in its own right and a triumphant re-emergence of point and click adventure” almost had me shed a tear, as I imagine TWD will indeed aid many newcomers toward this wonderful genre that was once declared dead.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well, its nice that somebody thinks so Tongue
but yeah never heard of this site. Though i imagine the walking dead will get a good deal of mainstream recognition in the yearly lists…. just not so much in the best overall category.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 05 December 2012 05:26 PM

The sentence “A true masterpiece in its own right and a triumphant re-emergence of point and click adventure” almost had me shed a tear, as I imagine TWD will indeed aid many newcomers toward this wonderful genre that was once declared dead.

can i say that when i read that sentence it passed normally but your post here pointing it out,and your enthusiasm..  made feel it and made my eyes start watering .

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 05 December 2012 06:14 PM
Dag - 05 December 2012 05:26 PM

The sentence “A true masterpiece in its own right and a triumphant re-emergence of point and click adventure” almost had me shed a tear, as I imagine TWD will indeed aid many newcomers toward this wonderful genre that was once declared dead.

can i say that when i read that sentence it passed normally but your post here pointing it out,and your enthusiasm..  made feel it and made my start eyes watering .

Smile Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top