• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good news: Ragnar is making Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

But their not being revealed surely doesn’t equal their being new? Or am I being dense here?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Whatever the characters are, I’m just looking forward to seeing this game come to fruition.

I do hope Ragnar doesn’t end on such a cliffhanger halfway in the story this time around…

Him going for full creative control is a great thing, though! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

A bit disappointed that it’s not gonna be a point’n clickie, but I’m still very excited about it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

So relieved to hear that Ragnar is back to work on the series. I’m also happy he’s running his own studio now. Funcom seems like a pretty decent company, but really, they’d obviously given up on finishing TLJ, so it’s good that Ragnar has the license to do it himself.

Also, am I the only one who is excited about the idea of Ragnar making completely new games afterwards? As much as I’ve loved TLJ/DF (and TSW) and want to continue the series, I’d love to see what else he comes up with.

In fact, I’d honestly love a crack at working for the guy, if that ever becomes a possibility. So much of my interest in making games stems from the profound effect playing TLJ had on me. It’s not the perfect game, but it’s the first game that really, really made me want to make my own. I’d love to see that happen working with people like him.

Ah well… anyway, Dreamfall Chapters… W00T!

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oooh, I’m excited.

I actually love the WASD controls in adventures, Dreamfall just was clunky. So improved Dreamfall scheme sounds very nice.

Also the longer time span, multiple characters and finishing up the Dreamfall plot. Very nice if they continue the saga with more games later on.

For the playable characters, I’d think one of the characters is Kian (they shouldn’t drop him now, besides he was kinda hawt). I hope we do see enough Zoe and April as NPCs since they are introducing new female protagonists? (No one believes April is dead, right?)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

What date is the Kickstarter supposed to start?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

millenia - 19 December 2012 04:06 PM

For the playable characters, I’d think one of the characters is Kian (they shouldn’t drop him now, besides he was kinda hawt). I hope we do see enough Zoe and April as NPCs since they are introducing new female protagonists? (No one believes April is dead, right?)

Yeah Kian has to be one of the playable characters, why else should they have introduced him in Dreamfall, he has only played a small part in the game so far.

An yes: No one belives April is dead Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

YEEEESSSS best news EVER!!!

Dreamfall was a standout and left me thinking about it for weeks after finishing it. It finished on such a cliffhanger and I’m glad they’re finally resolving this!!

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

The guys at Red Thread Games spent last week filming their kickstarter video. The campaign launch is close! Maybe a couple weeks?

https://twitter.com/RedThreadGames

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

First ingame pic and some details

http://redthreadgames.com/blog/21/1/2013/first-dreamfall-chapters-art-released

Autumn in Marcuria. The seasons are changing. Life marches on, the pages turn, chapter by chapter.

Smile

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Its been a long time but isn’t that the same street the Pub is on in Dreamfall: The Longest Journey?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

GreyFuss - 24 January 2013 03:15 PM

Its been a long time but isn’t that the same street the Pub is on in Dreamfall: The Longest Journey?

yes

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

You guys, I just won 2 of the VIP-spots to Red Thread Games’ launch party! Iiiip!
*flails wildly*  Gasp Laughing  Heart Eyes

My boyfriend is totally blasé about it, saying it sound exciting and is probably looking at it as an interesting opportunity, being a programmer and all, but I’m terrified!
Not just because I’m meeting the makers of my favourite game and people I respect and admire as story tellers, but also because I’m afraid that my issues with ME will result in me being unable to attend for as long and participate as much as the competition text implies.  Frown

Link for those wondering what I’m talking about.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tease, very happy with look, hope its in game model detail.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

As if I didn’t love Zoe’s character enough…wow, that looks fantastic. Pre-rendered, sure, and probably not in-game, but still fantastic.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top