• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nothing gold can stay…

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Back in 1987 I read a review of “The Lion & The Cobra” in Melody Maker and was intrigued. Obviously I’d never heard of Sinéad O’Connor then but, as my preferences in music have always strongly leaned towards female singers (particularly singer-songwriters), I thought I’d get a copy. It took me somewhere between 2 and 3 months to get hold of the album. Not because it was sold out but because no record store had heard of it.
Still, I eventually did get a copy. It’s only the second album in my life that I wore out and had to buy a replacement (Leonard Cohen’s “Songs Of” being the other). I also purchased a CD copy as well to save having to buy a 3rd vinyl copy.

Compared to the rest of the world I wasn’t keen on “Nothing Compares 2 U” as it was a straightforward love and loss song - albeit beautifully sung (how could it not be with THAT voice) - as I’ve always preferred “individual” songs if you understand me. That does include love songs but those that lean more to the Leonard Cohen or Jane Siberry lyrics.

A superb talent mixed up with a sad, damaged and (personal thought here based on no facts whatsoever) lonely life.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I never bought that many albums but I did buy the Lion and the Cobra as I just liked this song so much never having heard of Sinead before:

Mandinka

I was saddened throughout the years by news of this very talented lady’s troubles & of course now her passing.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I heard one of her songs on the radio, I think it was Troy. What a voice! I felt moved and immediately bought The Lion and the Cobra.

I’ll always remember her as the very young and very beautiful girl in the screenshot I posted. Rebellious and vulnerable.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top