• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Critter Chronicles.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Cant get enough this game reminds me neighbourhood’s bakery of my childhood.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Only just started the game (I, too, wish there was some Wilbur, but I ain’t gonna complain about having another chance to explore this world) but I just spotted this in the manual, under the minimum system requirements section:

“If you aren‘t sure if your computer meets all of these requirements, please
ask your children. Or that chubby kid from next door. He probably sits
in front of the computer all day and knows what he‘s doing”.

I must say, I am rather very fond of KingArt’s sense of humour. Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

“If you aren‘t sure if your computer meets all of these requirements, please
ask your children. Or that chubby kid from next door. He probably sits
in front of the computer all day and knows what he‘s doing”.

Heheheh, it’s funny cause it’s true Grin

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I finally finished it a week ago, or so. I’m sad to say that unlike TBOUT, which I enjoyed immensly, I found the Critter Chronicles to be quite frustrating, and nowhere near as charming as the first game.

I found Nate’s voice actor to be slightly annoying, and I really did not enjoy playing as the critter at all. Allthough the King Art blog states that “„Critter-Talk“ isn’t just nonsense gibberish, but a systematic foreign language comprising more than 100 phrases” it felt like the critter was just repeating the same 10 onomatopoeia’s over and over again, and so, exploring hotspots with it became increasingly annoying as the game progressed.

I remember not enjoying playing as the critter in the first game either, but there his role was minor, and here he was a large part of what was supposed to carry the game.

Also, I really disliked how almost the entire game took place in 3 screens. Even with backgrounds as detailed and beautifully crafted as these, even I managed to get tired of looking at them.

I played it in hard mode, and I don’t know what the differences are between the easy and hard mode, but I’ve reason to suspect that in the hardmode they just removed most in-game clues as to which direction you’re supposed to think regarding the puzzles, because they (Nate and the Critter) would just start building weird contraptions when I randomly combined items, and in some cases I wouldn’t have any idea what they were trying to do. Anyway, I managed to get to chapter 5 without using any walkthrough, but when they then AGAIN sent me back to the same goddamn south-pole screens I’d had enough, and I walkthroughed my way through the rest. It’d be either that or abandonment of the game.

I certainly hope that The Raven is better. Up untill now, I’ve been King Arts biggest fanboi, but I found The Critter Chronicles to be a huge disappointment.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I didn’t love it, but I liked it. Not nearly as much as BoUT, but as someone who didn’t particularly care for Nate in the first game, he surprising grew on me. Or at least, didn’t bug me too much.

And I love the critters. And how can you not love those penguins?

No masterpiece, but I certainly didn’t feel the frustrations you did. Mostly because I laughed plenty.

If a game makes me laugh, I tend to be more forgiving of it’s descents into nonsense-ville. Which admittedly, with several of it’s puzzles, CC certainly did.

I guess that makes me KA’s biggest fanboi! Wink

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

A.A - 24 January 2013 07:12 PM

I guess that makes me KA’s biggest fanboi! Wink

Yeap! Smile I might get back on that horse when I get into The Raven though. I guess I sounded a little too negative in the previous post, it wasn’t like I didn’t enjoy the game at all, cause I did have some fun with it.

If TBOUT didn’t exist, I probably wouldnt complain too much about TCC, but when you compare the two games, and at the same time expect the second release to be slightly better than the first, it should be nearly impossible not to be any disappointed at all. The quality of the two are in contrast to each other. The re-use of screens would have bothered me nonetheless though. I like to get the feeling of travelling when adventuring, but TCC felt like being stuck in the same hole through the entire game.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just finished this game in the normal mode and now going back to do in the hard mode.  I loved this game!  I can’t say I loved it as much as BOUT, the first game, but, this is really fun.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top