• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jane Jensen Thread

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oh no, there’s a reason I’m staying away from that baby. Tongue

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon is a good game, but there are only so many puns I can take.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’ve considered playing it, but….yeah, someday. Tongue

I think we derailed the thread enough. So any news? I’m still anxious to know what she has up her sleeve that will blow our minds!

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Monolith - 26 February 2013 03:52 PM
TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 12:01 PM

So you can’t really blame them… Tongue

Oh I know. Intelligence isn’t exactly a focus for sales. Tongue Though, lately, a lot of people are waking up.

I understand most players want shooting and jumbing and interaction, no videos, no big dialogues, etc, but a good story like the ones mentioned above will always find a loyal audience, otherwise we wouldn’t still be talking about GK or Monkey Island.

By the way anybody read Jane Jensen’s novels? I’m thinking I’d like to read one. Any suggestions?

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Dertiger - 28 February 2013 10:17 AM
Monolith - 26 February 2013 03:52 PM
TimovieMan - 26 February 2013 12:01 PM

So you can’t really blame them… Tongue

Oh I know. Intelligence isn’t exactly a focus for sales. Tongue Though, lately, a lot of people are waking up.

I understand most players want shooting and jumbing and interaction, no videos, no big dialogues, etc, but a good story like the ones mentioned above will always find a loyal audience, otherwise we wouldn’t still be talking about GK or Monkey Island.

By the way anybody read Jane Jensen’s novels? I’m thinking I’d like to read one. Any suggestions?

I’ve enjoyed the Beast Within. Much better than Sins of the Fathers. Also I definitely enjoyed Dante’s Equation.

Jane is like our version of Dan Brown. Grin

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

See I preferred Sins of the fathers, I never was a fan of FMV games. Nothing against TBW, it is a truly remarkable game, its just not my cup of tea.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

dave_minall - 01 March 2013 04:11 AM

See I preferred Sins of the fathers, I never was a fan of FMV games. Nothing against TBW, it is a truly remarkable game, its just not my cup of tea.

Oh no, I agree, the FMV was much to be desired, but I was talking about the book, which was superior to the Sins of the Fathers novelization.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Monolith - 01 March 2013 06:07 AM
dave_minall - 01 March 2013 04:11 AM

Oh no, I agree, the FMV was much to be desired, but I was talking about the book, which was superior to the Sins of the Fathers novelization.

Something which I have yet to read Frown It’s so expensive everywhere!

Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I have the e-book versions of the Gabriel Knight novels somewhere, as I got them as one of my Kickstarter rewards at the $50 tier, but I haven’t read them yet.

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Thanks, Monolith!
Dave_Minall, you might find it on a website that’s selling used copies much cheaper, if you can’t buy it from amazon.

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Dertiger - 01 March 2013 10:15 AM

Thanks, Monolith!
Dave_Minall, you might find it on a website that’s selling used copies much cheaper, if you can’t buy it from amazon.

Being in the UK is the problem - the novel version I have of GK1 cost more on postage and shipping than the novel itself!

Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 407

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

dave_minall - 01 March 2013 11:44 AM
Dertiger - 01 March 2013 10:15 AM

Thanks, Monolith!

Being in the UK is the problem - the novel version I have of GK1 cost more on postage and shipping than the novel itself!

I had the same problem - I got GK1 book from Abe’s books… the book cost a dollar or two and the postage to aus was like 8!

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top