• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I met up with a girl from the internet once.

I married her three months ago… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2005-12-14

PM

Jelena - 28 August 2012 01:18 PM

Giligan! Welcome back! Smile
What are you doing these days?

Thank you! Smile

I am a senior in college these days. It keeps me busy.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Live free, die hard?

TimovieMan - 28 August 2012 02:44 PM

I fell in love with a girl from the internet once.

I still haven’t been able to even meet her… Meh

Well, c’est la vie!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Majsan - 28 August 2012 11:45 AM

They are building a new house near where I live. Right now they are driving down stakes. (Don’t know if that is the right word, but I am sure you understand what I mean.) A machine is hitting them into the ground, and it’s driving me CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!
They start at 07:30 in the morning and keep going until 18:00 in the evening, CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like you are talking about pile driving. Where the top layer of earth is not strong enough to hold up a building on its own, you drive poles, known as piles, deep into the ground to give the foundations something solid to attach to. (See Pile Driver on Wikipedia). The alternative is to drill a hole (a few feet across) with a large drill and then fill it up with concrete. I know a funny story about that method.

Since a pile driver is essentially an enormous hammer, I can understand why it might drive you CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You have my sympathies.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Tongue

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

You are 100% right Stepurhan!  Laughing
And now thanks to you I have learned what it’s called in Swedish too…

(and please do tell that funny story…)

Total Posts: 362

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Giligan - 28 August 2012 03:02 PM

Thank you! Smile

I bet it does. SmileWhat are you studying?

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

TimovieMan - 28 August 2012 02:44 PM

Bravo and congratulations!

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Oooh I have become a Sr. Member!
What do you get? A medal, a gold watch for long and faithful service?

Total Posts: 1361

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I met up with some people from the internet once and one of the girls had just got married.

Cool story bro?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Intense Degree - 29 August 2012 09:33 AM

I met up with some people from the internet once and one of the girls had just got married.

Intense Degree - 29 August 2012 09:33 AM

Cool story bro?

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Majsan - 28 August 2012 04:05 PM

(and please do tell that funny story…)

A piling drill is approximately 2 to 3 ft across and about 50 to 60 ft tall. It has a hollow tube down the center of the drill, down which the concrete is pumped. Because you still need to pump concrete down the center when the drill is pulled all the way out of the hole it has drilled, you need it to be pumped at a pressure that will push it 50 to 60 ft up (the height of the drill when fully extracted from a hole). As concrete is quite solid stuff (a mixture of cement and small pebbles known as aggregate) this is quite a bit of pressure.

Prior to getting into accountancy, I was working on a building site using just such a drill. The connection at the pump end suddenly experienced a failure, with the result that the pump spewed out concrete from the side of the pipe for a few seconds. (the reaction time of the operator). The key facts are as follows.

- The position of the failure resulted in most of the concrete going towards the site gates)
- Said gates were open at the time for access.
- Despite numerous signs telling people not to do so, someone had parked right outside the gates.
- The car they had parked outside the gates was a posh convertible with leather upholstery.
- It was the height of summer, they’d left the roof down.

Needless to say they were less than amused to come back to find construction workers attempting to extract cement and pebbles from their upholstery.  Laughing

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

stepurhan - 29 August 2012 02:53 PM

Needless to say they were less than amused to come back to find construction workers attempting to extract cement and pebbles from their upholstery.  Laughing

Why did the workers bother? Just put a paper there that says “you were warned”.  Naughty

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

TimovieMan - 29 August 2012 03:23 PM
stepurhan - 29 August 2012 02:53 PM

Why did the workers bother? Just put a paper there that says “you were warned”.  Naughty

You are so evil… Wink

Or you could just have pretended nothing had happened…
“What holes, we don’t seen any holes?”

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Giligan - 28 August 2012 03:02 PM
Jelena - 28 August 2012 01:18 PM

Giligan! Welcome back! Smile
What are you doing these days?

Thank you! Smile

I envy you!
I miss higher education; it’s much better than being unemployed and missing everyone.

Also, welcome back, fellow seldom-poster!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top