• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Sage - 07 August 2012 01:24 AM

Not all of us, although some of us don’t post as frequently as we once did. Smile

Yeah, you really should post here more often Sage. I miss you!

There are a whole bunch of forumites MIA which would all be great to see here again! Trep used to pop in every now and then, but now I haven’t seen him for months, or even ages. SJH would post the occasional ‘What, is this thread still going?’ in Thread Must Die. But now that it’s dead we haven’t seen him. I don’t know if he knows it finally got killed. Grin I sometimes wonder how FGM is doing. And lots of other people too.
I also sometimes wonder how come I’m still here, since I don’t do much gaming these days. The answer is all the great old and new forumites that still are around!
Kiss

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Wow, it’s a bit weird to notice I’m one of the oldest (registering-wise oldest, not age-wise) members active in these parts… Gasp

Over eight years already!

(Edit): Yikes, I even signed in before mr.[s]Thrift-Store[/s]Sage!
(Edit2): Why does it format that code like that (on a separate line)?

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

That really bums me out. The forums here used to be pretty lively and vibrant. They seem more like a ghost town these days. Frown

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Nah, I’ve seen ghost town forums. This is slower, sure, but far away from a ghost town… Plus, this way the community gets more tightly-knit Wink

Besides, if you stick around, we’ll have one more old-timer to encourage the others to come back / stick around too! Grin

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Well I certainly hope so. Is Emily still around? She was my favorite mod.

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I wouldn’t call it a ghost town. But I agree it’s not as active as it was about five years ago. These days I think it’s more Europeans who are active in chit chat. So I guess most of the activity is during CET. (We even had the second AG get-together in the south of England in May this year.  Laughing There are pictures to be seen in a separate thread.)
I’m not sure about the gaming sections. It seems to me they are always pretty lively.

People come and go depending on how their lives are turning out. There are times the internet has a lower priority and that’s just the way it is. University, love, new jobs or children tend to steer focus off gaming and chit chatting.

Lazy Bee

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Well, that’s understandable. Either way, it’s great to be back and I’m glad some of the usuals are still around. I want to try and kickstart some of the cool stuff we used to do back in the day, but we’ll see. Having to be a responsible adult takes way more time than I anticipated. If only I could downgrade…

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Majsan - 07 August 2012 10:49 AM

Aah.. I have heard about the legendare Sage too, even though I wasn’t here before! And I have seen a piggly wiggly T-shirt in action! Grin Not On Lucien though, but on Stephurban, the day before the Hastings meeting!
There should be a photo of that in the Hastings thread, in my post with the link to my photos of that day. Now all we need is one of Lucien too… Tongue

No…no we don’t Neutral

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

UPtimist - 07 August 2012 01:06 PM

not age-wise

Nah, that would be me Grin ...or possibly Lady Kestrel.

Lazy Bee

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Today someone died in the ward where I stay in the hospital. Later I had to move to another room and now I am in the place where he laid. Weird.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Do NOT get any weird thoughts tsa
We’re all thinking about you

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tsa - 07 August 2012 02:30 PM

Today someone died in the ward where I stay in the hospital. Later I had to move to another room and now I am in the place where he laid. Weird.

Hospitals are jsut weird.

I hope you get out soon.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Wow, it’s a bit weird to notice I’m one of the oldest (registering-wise oldest, not age-wise) members active in these parts… Gasp

Over eight years already!

(Edit): Yikes, I even signed in before mr.[s]Thrift-Store[/s]Sage!

Congratulations!

(Edit2): Why does it format that code like that (on a separate line)?

I have no idea.  This new forum software takes a little bit of getting used to, no doubt about it.  Not that I’m complaining, mind you, it’s just that old-school vBulletin is what I cut my internet teeth on and is the forum software with which I’m most proficient as a user.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 07 August 2012 03:27 PM
tsa - 07 August 2012 02:30 PM

Hospitals are just weird.

Ain’t that the truth!  I found hospitals easier to tolerate back when the Weekly World News was still in print because reading about the travails of Bat-Child and how hard it is to find a good preschool that will enroll a two-headed alien Elvis baby helped put my own problems into proper perspective.

Lucien21 - 07 August 2012 03:27 PM

I hope you get out soon.

As do I!

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Majsan - 07 August 2012 03:06 PM

Do NOT get any weird thoughts tsa
We’re all thinking about you

I will not get weird thoughts Majsan. And thank you all for your support!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top