• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Monolith - 04 July 2012 01:14 PM
Gabe - 04 July 2012 01:57 AM

I dont understand why there are no puzzles in such a nice game would it be too hard if makes you think for couple minutes?

No puzzles? Are we playing the same game? There are puzzles in the game, just pretty simple. Maybe you forgot the definition of a puzzle.

Not only are the puzzles very simple, but there also only very few of them!
I think “no puzzles” is an accurate description Smile

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Iznogood - 05 July 2012 01:07 PM
Monolith - 04 July 2012 01:14 PM
Gabe - 04 July 2012 01:57 AM

I dont understand why there are no puzzles in such a nice game would it be too hard if makes you think for couple minutes?

No puzzles? Are we playing the same game? There are puzzles in the game, just pretty simple. Maybe you forgot the definition of a puzzle.

Not only are the puzzles very simple, but there also only very few of them!
I think “no puzzles” is an accurate description Smile

Puzzles are puzzles. No personal opinion about it.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Monolith - 05 July 2012 01:52 PM

No “Real puzzles” then Smile
It is really a matter of definition, i mean how simple can a puzzle be, and still be considered a puzzles? If you consider the “puzzles” in TWD real puzzles, then everything is a puzzle, and you must live a life ridled with puzzles Grin

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I’m wondering what the gameplay mechanics are like in this - can someone compare it to another game so I can get an idea?

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

J-Boo - 06 July 2012 03:28 PM

I’m wondering what the gameplay mechanics are like in this - can someone compare it to another game so I can get an idea?

Heavy Rain.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

J-Boo - 06 July 2012 03:28 PM

The gameplay?

Maybe Heavy Rain but not so heavy on QTEs

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

OK, thanks! It definitely sounds like something I might enjoy. Does it lend itself better to consoles than the PC? Farenheit and Heavy Rain (both of which I loved) I think work better on consoles.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2010-03-29

PM

Iznogood - 05 July 2012 03:07 PM
Monolith - 05 July 2012 01:52 PM

No “Real puzzles” then Smile
It is really a matter of definition, i mean how simple can a puzzle be, and still be considered a puzzles? If you consider the “puzzles” in TWD real puzzles, then everything is a puzzle, and you must live a life ridled with puzzles Grin

HA!  I’m finding this whole thread to be a puzzle. The idea of “choose your own adventure as long as your choice reflects the moral majority of adventures” seems like an a really convoluted way to avoid taking any creative responsibility for unoriginal, regurgitated material, meaning…it sounds like they are letting the players direct a game with premise was adapted, and in turn receiving all the credit. Derp? 

On the other hand, this could be a pretty spiffy way to trick people into participating in a sociological study on the moral decay (har-har) of modern society.

On the third hand, I am completely wrong and fail to understand the deep emotional nature of being forced to decide whether to saw off another persons leg or run away from the encroaching horde of reanimated man-eating corpses.  Thumbs Up

My soul is blacker then a coffin full of dead bats during a new moon
on Halloween at midnight.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Definitely the third hand.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Best part of the episode:

- “Did you lick the saltlick?”
- “I dunno”.

Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Telltale unsurprisingly have mentioned they want to do a second season of Walking Dead games. It has probably been their biggest hit commercially and critically to date so that’s a no brainier.

annoyingly Activision have announced a Walking Dead game based on the TV show ather than the comic book and are making it a FPS zombie game. the comic and tv show has never been about the actual zombies it has always been about the humans surviving in a fucked up world and how they can be a bigger threat than the zombies.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Lucien21 - 07 July 2012 03:46 AM

Telltale unsurprisingly have mentioned they want to do a second season of Walking Dead games. It has probably been their biggest hit commercially and critically to date so that’s a no brainier.

Doesn’t surprise me either. One of the biggest flaws with the episodic model is that people won’t finish your episodes if the puzzles are too hard and, therefore, won’t buy additional episodes. By replacing real obstacles in a game with Quantic Dream’s brand of choose-your-own-adventure you solve this issue nicely.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 07 July 2012 07:15 AM
Lucien21 - 07 July 2012 03:46 AM

Doesn’t surprise me either. One of the biggest flaws with the episodic model is that people won’t finish your episodes if the puzzles are too hard and, therefore, won’t buy additional episodes. By replacing real obstacles in a game with Quantic Dream’s brand of choose-your-own-adventure you solve this issue nicely.

Not just episodic model, finishing rate of AAA full game releases like GTA4 is less than 50% too, people don’t finish story campaigns, they are in for either multiplayer or sandbox nature more to have gaming in short bursts , but don’t finish story campaigns, all the more reason for developers of single player games to add multiplayer. Hitman absolution guys found out even with streamlined additions game wont be finished by almost 80%, and Cage said that Heavy rain was finished by almost 70% of people, which shows and explains alot about existing behavior of gamers.

I too dont have time for puzzles or hard gamedesign unless hard gameplay comes in balanced and motivating shape of Darksouls which i finished twice. But bad puzzles which are derivates or just trying to emulate old times ain’t cut out for me anymore.

I think Telltale are on right track in storytelling for majority, regardless of model.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just played episode 3, it just keeps delivering amazing moments.

Also, this episode felt longer, maybe because it had more dialogue I think

Also, Carly!!!!!No!!! Nearly fell of my chair when Lilly did it

Can’t wait for the next episode.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i can barely stand to wait until all 5 episodes are out…. but i will wait to get it until then, so i can play at my own pace. Im quite excited.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top