• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Why do I like playing WD on the pc? You don’t buy individual episodes. You buy the season. That is how it should be done on consoles too.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-12-19

PM

The entire season is already out on the pc?:( man I didn’t know that… I have to wait 3 more months to finish the series GRRRR

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Squirlygirl - 03 July 2012 11:59 AM

The entire season is already out on the pc?:( man I didn’t know that… I have to wait 3 more months to finish the series GRRRR

No, the episodes still come out monthly. You just buy them in a bundle rather than buying one by one. (Incidentally, PSN is like that too. AFAIK it’s just XBLA that doesn’t have a season bundle option.)

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

My decisions carried over from Ep1 no problem, but I’m concerned about next time.  When I finished this episode, the list of major decisions were all displayed at the end as “Decision X” (or something to that effect) and were uniformly split at 50% (obviously by default, not a true rating).  This is the Steam version.  Anyone else get that?

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

When I first played it on XBLA the results were ‘roughly’ 50%, not exactly, but like 48%, 52% etc.

I checked again when more people had had chance to play it and the results had radically shifted. You can check the stats again from the episode menu on the XBLA version; can you do that with the other formats?

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

Dale - 03 July 2012 12:15 PM

When I first played it on XBLA the results were ‘roughly’ 50%, not exactly, but like 48%, 52% etc.

I checked again when more people had had chance to play it and the results had radically shifted. You can check the stats again from the episode menu on the XBLA version; can you do that with the other formats?

yeah you can do that on the pc as well Smile For the most part, it looks like i did what the majority of people did, but there are a couple of occasions where i was in the minority.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

What I was seeing was clearly a placeholder that wasn’t updating properly.  Even if the results were all miraculously 50% at that time, the missing text was clue enough that something wasn’t right.  When I say “Decision X”, I mean that’s what was actually written there.  Tongue

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

Jackal - 03 July 2012 12:53 PM

What I was seeing was clearly a placeholder that wasn’t updating properly.  Even if the results were all miraculously 50% at that time, the missing text was clue enough that something wasn’t right.  When I say “Decision X”, I mean that’s what was actually written there.  Tongue

that’s a pain Frown did you try redownloading from steam incase they did another one of their screw ups where they put a developer build on the site?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That Jackal guy is clearly talking about a pirated copy of the game!!! The mods should ban him!

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

First they’ll have to catch me, Kurufinwe! 

I haven’t tried re-downloading, or even replaying the endgame to see if I get a different result.  Frankly, my memory’s so bad that I’ll forget whose side(s) I chose a month from now anyway.  Grin But hopefully it was just a Steam hiccup at the time.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Jackal - 03 July 2012 02:22 PM

First they’ll have to catch me, Kurufinwe! 

I haven’t tried re-downloading, or even replaying the endgame to see if I get a different result.  Frankly, my memory’s so bad that I’ll forget whose side(s) I chose a month from now anyway.  Grin But hopefully it was just a Steam hiccup at the time.

So so true. haha But I’m pretty good with memory when it comes to Adventure games with well written characters.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I dont understand why there are no puzzles in such a nice game would it be too hard if makes you think for couple minutes?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Gabe - 04 July 2012 01:57 AM

I dont understand why there are no puzzles in such a nice game would it be too hard if makes you think for couple minutes?

No puzzles? Are we playing the same game? There are puzzles in the game, just pretty simple. Maybe you forgot the definition of a puzzle.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Puzzles are my favorite in the game tbh!

My review site of Diablo 3 fast leveling guides

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Wow, that episode was crazy.

So far I love what Telltale’s doing with this. Love how you get to “personalize” the story, love that it’s a game about people more than a game about zombies. I sort of think the monthly (or longer) releases work against them because the choices won’t have as much of an impact after such a long delay. But the episode length and the pacing/flavor of the episodes is working really well for me so far.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top