• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It’s been two months today since the release of Episode 1, and Episode 2 still doesn’t have a release date.  I remember really enjoying the first episode, but at this point I can’t even remember what it was about or who the characters were. I guess I’ll play Episode 2 if and when it gets released, and hopefully it’ll manage to re-kindle my interest in the game, but for the moment any excitement I might have felt is long forgotten.

Does anyone still care?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Why would people still care, the first episode was great. It wasn’t released last month because of E3, which the episode was playable at.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 June 2012 08:24 PM

It’s been two months today since the release of Episode 1, and Episode 2 still doesn’t have a release date.  I remember really enjoying the first episode, but at this point I can’t even remember what it was about or who the characters were. I guess I’ll play Episode 2 if and when it gets released, and hopefully it’ll manage to re-kindle my interest in the game, but for the moment any excitement I might have felt is long forgotten.

Does anyone still care?

Episode2 in some certification process, but yes my hype and interest definitely waned
alot due to pathetic leadtime , at this rate we will finish the whole game by the
end of this year. But really love the overall direction , so will get it day one anyway.
In meantime i had asked my freinds to hold up their purchase till all episodes come
together so that they can enjoy the experience in one sitting without pathetic unknown breakups of tempo and mood.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2006-06-19

PM

Waiting can be quite annoying when it comes to episodic gaming I agree, but I would much rather have games released when they are 100% ready rather than have them rushed out to meet a deadline! Too many games are released unfinished nowadays by developers who simply plan to patch them later on. I’m pretty sure that once Episode 2 of The Walking Dead arrives, the rest of the episodes will be delivered on a monthly basis as per usual.

I am the founder of Alternative Magazine Online - a UK website offering alternative views on films, games, books, music and more! I am also currently working with Revolution Software co-founder/programmer Tony Warriner on ‘Revolution: The Quest for Game Development Greatness’ - now live on Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2011-06-02

PM

Episode 2 is releasing tomorrow on XBLA and Friday on PC/PS3. Unfortunately, if you bought it on PS3 in Europe, you will be waiting a little longer.

info

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Launch trailer looks like worth the wait, beware of spoilers

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

I played through episode two on my Xbox 360, and I can say that it was worth the wait.  The story deals with the themes of how far people would go when pushed to the extremes extremely well.  There are more adventure style puzzles using your inventory this time around.  The action sequences are also trickier.  I didn’t see any death sequences in the first episode, but I saw quite a few this time around.  The auto-replay after death feature came in handy with me in episode 2. Smile There are also more life and death choices here, so your story branches even more. 

So far this series really is living up to all of the hype surrounding it.  The Walking Dead episodes 1 and 2 are my favorite Telltale games since the Tales of Monkey Island episodes.  Laughing

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2009-12-19

PM

I just bought episode 1 on ps3, its downloading right now, really looking forward to this. Smile

I read somewhere online that it has some elements comparible to heavy rain. I LOVED heavy rain!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-01

PM

Squirlygirl - 01 July 2012 01:23 AM

I just bought episode 1 on ps3, its downloading right now, really looking forward to this. Smile

I read somewhere online that it has some elements comparible to heavy rain. I LOVED heavy rain!

The biggest issue is TTG has botched the implementation of the marquee feature in this game… the ability for your choices to impact the games direction and to carry over from chapter to chapter.

Oh, and don’t even think about playing/maintaining more than one game.  Despite the multiple game slots it’s all jacked up.  If you care about the progress of your game just complete Episode 1 and wait for some patches. 

At least this is giving me the chance to play ‘Jolly Rover’ as I wait.  I bought the game a long time back and never played it, but I am finding it to be enjoyable.

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Squirlygirl - 01 July 2012 01:23 AM

Heavy Rain owned, I just finished ep 1 and it was alright.

My review site of Diablo 3 fast leveling guides

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Zoop - 01 July 2012 05:12 AM

The biggest issue is TTG has botched the implementation of the marquee feature in this game… the ability for your choices to impact the games direction and to carry over from chapter to chapter.

How so?

(Haven’t played ep2 yet - I originally played ep1 at their office to preview it so I want to replay on my PS3 first so my game will carry over to ep2. So I’m wondering what exactly is broken about it…?)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

it sounds like you didnt load your save file right. (or maybe one of the versions is bugged)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

fov - 01 July 2012 12:06 PM

How so?

(Haven’t played ep2 yet - I originally played ep1 at their office to preview it so I want to replay on my PS3 first so my game will carry over to ep2. So I’m wondering what exactly is broken about it…?)

I personally didn’t have this issue, but on the TT forums some people were saying that the person that they saved towards the end of EP 1 was dead when they started Ep 2 and other decisions they made were reversed in the new episode.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-04-01

PM

Just played through Episode 2.

Episode 1 was very good but this one really ramped up the tension, some pretty ‘powerful’ scenes too

Let’s just say that there certainly haven’t been too many games over the years where I’ve had a genuine guilt trip over my decisions.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

I just completed part 2 also. Brilliant story with loads of really tense moments. Unlike the first episode, you sort of know all the characters now, so it makes for a much more difficult time when there are choices to make, and i loved how the impressions i made of the characters in the first part are shown to perhaps be harsh and that friendships and rivalries i’d developed in the first part were pushed to the limit.

only one gripe I had that was there’s a character called Mark in it, who i don’t think was in the first part so it seemed sort of weird for him to just be in your group at the start without much explanation.

It actually felt better written than some episodes of the TV show which have suffered from being a bit drawn out at times and overly melodramatic.

Joined 2009-12-19

PM

Lucien21 - 01 July 2012 12:59 PM
fov - 01 July 2012 12:06 PM

How so?

I personally didn’t have this issue, but on the TT forums some people were saying that the person that they saved towards the end of EP 1 was dead when they started Ep 2 and other decisions they made were reversed in the new episode.

[spoiler][/spoiler]I played Episode 1 all the way through twice and yes it does change based on who you pick to save, at least I saw the person I saved at the end and didn’t see the person who died.[spoiler][/spoiler]

I’m going to buy episode 2 now, and I heard that its even better than episode 1.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top