• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckykanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’ve reached chapter 6 as well.

Total Posts: 5614

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chase hasn’t been around for a while, so I’m not sure if he’s still playing, and we haven’t heard from Keyboardz at all.  That leaves Nico, DCast and Intense who hopefully will get a chance to check in.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Sorry for not posting but i m away from home for vacation for a week or so. I have finished chapter 4 before i go, but not sure how much i can play next week. I ll have to install the game again here at my laptop and play it from the begining, which should be fast. Anyway feel free to go on and i ll try to catch up when i have time.

Tbh the game didnt click with me. Lack of subtitles and the super long diary i cant bother to read because i ll go blind, which has the main story and tips for the game was pretty disappointing.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I reached the start of Chapter 6. I had to look at a walkthrough to find out about the lever you have to pull to get the boat onto the shuttle. And, even though I knew I was looking for a lever, it took a pixel hunt to find it. Annoying. Will wait for the go-ahead signal.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for letting us know, Nico, and enjoy your vacation.  The last two chapters are relatively short ones.  Check here if you get stuck.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Is that the go ahead?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

zobraks - 30 July 2022 02:16 AM

60+ years before the ozone layer hadn’t been completely shot to pieces (by our species), so I reckon your mother was right in those times.

It’s good your operation went well, though.

Sunburns at age 10 have repercussions regardless of the ozone status in 1957. But thanks for the good wishes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

VGP - 30 July 2022 06:36 AM

@rtrooney: good to hear you’ll live to play another day. I’ve been meaning to ask how your wife has been recovering, now seems as good a time as any.

It’s a work in progress. But things show real signs of progress. Thank you for asking

VGP - 30 July 2022 06:36 AM

I remember that puzzle from Timelapse, by the way. A game I never finished, unfortunately. Might get back to it. I remember it had very challenging puzzles - quite satisfying once solved, but giving away very little when you got stuck. The arrow aiming mechanic was one of the latter. I think getting past it might even have been a lucky shot.

It was a great game with several difficult puzzles. I wonder whether that might be why it wasn’t represented well in the Top 100 vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 30 July 2022 08:26 PM

Is that the go ahead?

No, not yet.  I’m hoping DCast and Intense Degree will check in.  I also want to post some screenshots.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chapters 6 & 7
I think it’s time to finish our Amerzoneian journey.  At first I was a bit nervous about chapter 4 of the journey, mainly because of the alligators and this trio. 

However, we did get to see some unusual animals along the way.  This little critter was my favorite, sort of a combination of a frog and a muppet.

I was pleased to see that the seemingly elaborate ritual regarding the egg had been passed down over the years and that one young woman still knew what to do.  She wasn’t very talkative, but she didn’t need to be.

Now that you’re stranded in the swamp, you’re going to have to use your wits and perhaps a nudge from the ubiquitous journal pages to find some transport.  Some of us who have already made the journey may be able to help as well.  Good luck and happy wading!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Well, that was short. I just finished it.
Still, could someone tell me what the dictator said? Because I’d like to know what he was doing there.
Another thing, another character who dies as soon as he meets us? What’s up with that?

Later, my opinion about the game.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

To paraphrase, he said he really didn’t believe in the white birds and that their protection was just superstition.  He believed that bringing the country into modern times was the only way for it to gain power in the world.  He wanted to stop us but, of course, didn’t succeed.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Well, I finished, but not without some hiccups.

In the volcano, I ended up wandering around for 20 minutes unable to do anything. The only thing I could do was use the egg on the pedestal. After that the game wouldn’t let me use it on the nest. The bird figure I couldn’t use on anything, before or after the egg was placed on the pedestal, and I reloaded to test this. There wasn’t much else to do so I knew it must have been a bug. If I hadn’t realized that I might have been stuck there for hours.

So I broke my rule of not using a walkthrough and watched the ending on youtube, which I’m glad I did - if I hadn’t my frustration level by now would have been soaring as high as the white birds.

I’ll give some overall opinions on the game later.

AKA Charo

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry you had so much trouble with the last part, Charo.  As you know by now, there are two places to place the egg. One is in the small cave with a throne-like chair and the other is the high place over the lava reached by steps.  If you placed the egg over the lava first, are you saying that you couldn’t take it down again to place it in the cave?  Not much happens in the cave, but it’s needed to ready the egg.  If you had managed that, you would have put the egg back over the lava and pierced it.  I always went to the cave first, so I didn’t encounter a problem like this.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 August 2022 12:06 AM

I’m sorry you had so much trouble with the last part, Charo.  As you know by now, there are two places to place the egg. One is in the small cave with a throne-like chair and the other is the high place over the lava reached by steps.  If you placed the egg over the lava first, are you saying that you couldn’t take it down again to place it in the cave?  Not much happens in the cave, but it’s needed to ready the egg.  If you had managed that, you would have put the egg back over the lava and pierced it.  I always went to the cave first, so I didn’t encounter a problem like this.

I put the egg on the throne first, then took it. When I tried to put it over the lava, the game didn’t let me do that. Nothing happened when I clicked.

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top