• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zane

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Fester Mudd and the Curse of the Gold.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

What the heck?

Fester Mudd is now 89 cents on iOS. I know iOS games are generally priced lower, but this is quite a big difference compared to the windows version.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

It’s now on steam. Since I bought Fester previously from their website, I asked Replay if I could have a steam key as well. They declined…
It’s too bad, other (indie) companies have no problems handing out steam keys if you already bought the game.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

jaap - 07 November 2013 03:46 PM

It’s now on steam. Since I bought Fester previously from their website, I asked Replay if I could have a steam key as well. They declined…
It’s too bad, other (indie) companies have no problems handing out steam keys if you already bought the game.

What a shame… then again, other companies doesn’t have a butthurt lunatic in the cockpit Confused

I’m curious what’s gonna happen with the rest of the episodes. Half a year has passed since the first, so staying immersed with the story is out the window quite some time ago. From what I’ve heard, Josh Mandel is no longer working with Replay, and I suspect he’s part of what made the first episode so good. Hopefully, he’s still working with Paavo, and they’ll find another company to publish it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really doubt the game has been that succesfull thus far, so that is the most likely reason there’s no continuation for it yet, but the Steam entery might change that. Somehow I have a feeling, that Replay isn’t going to let the next episodes to be released anyone else but them.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

With Replay kind of defunct due to the whole Trowe debacle, any idea if we ever will get episode 2 & 3?
Does Paavo Harkonen still own the rights?
I’d love to see those sequels…

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

This is a great case study in why episodic gaming needs to die a quick, painful death. This kind of thing seems to happen way too much, especially with indie developers. Releasing a couple episodes and then bailing is f’d up. Just release a full game or don’t. This was a very good proper old school game. I have to believe if they just kept the momentum up they could have finished it in less time than releasing three episodes.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

RockNFknRoll - 17 January 2014 05:41 PM

Releasing a couple episodes

I’d wish! The Tales of Bingwood says Hi.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

diego - 17 January 2014 05:47 PM
RockNFknRoll - 17 January 2014 05:41 PM

Releasing a couple episodes

I’d wish! The Tales of Bingwood says Hi.

Another great example. I enjoyed that episode. Checking for updates and realizing that the developer completely lost focus sucks and ruins their reputation. It also means I’ll probably never replay that one good episode because it will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

jaap - 19 December 2013 02:59 PM

With Replay kind of defunct due to the whole Trowe debacle, any idea if we ever will get episode 2 & 3?
Does Paavo Harkonen still own the rights?
I’d love to see those sequels…

Replay’s not defunct. They’ve acquired a new license that they haven’t announced yet.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You have got to be kidding me. The Leader, who should be locked up, is persona non grata. The creative brains, Josh and Al, have washed their hands of this mess. And your telling me that all’s right with the world. I don’t believe it one bit.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Replay was around long before Josh and Al were involved and they’ll be around after.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Good luck with that thought. And please tell me who currently represents Replay!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

No one you care about. What’s your point?

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

I was wondering the same thing.
Obviously I have no insight into the company goings on, but it always felt as Trowe was the company and he would hire the right people for a specific job. I think he also tried to tie in both Al and Josh more permanently, but since they both left, what really remains?

Replay also had a group of volunteers helping out here and there and it certainly appears they were all chased off…..I can be wrong of course, but it does appear there is no one left with any specific game development experience. On top of that Paul himself lost any credibility he had in the first place….which wasn’t that much to begin with.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As far I’ve understood Replay has always done stuff in outsourcing basis. Trowe takes a project, then he outsources the work, so I would assume that’s the way he will continue working.

I think Larry Reloaded was an attempt from Trowe to make something more tangible of the company, but his own personality ruined that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top