• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Didn’t find a thread for this, but just played the Rosewater demo. Nice setting, solid production values sorta things (voices, art, etc), but really like how responsive the game is. You can say different stuff to characters, do different things ... if they keep it up through the whole game that’s going to be pretty great. I hope.

Thanks, I hope so too! A big part of the gameplay is the companion relationships. Entire sequences in Act 2 and the path through Act 3 will depend on how you’ve treated your travel companions and your relationships with them. Part of the reason the game’s taken so long to develop!

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Great for players, a nightmare for programmers, testers and translators lol

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

GateKeeper - 17 August 2021 01:00 PM

This looks fun too.

If Fusion Were That Easy

“‘If Fusion Were That Easy’ is a humorous 2.5D point-and-click adventure about cold fusion and preventing the apocalypse. Explore a diverse world, master tricky puzzles and stop the inevitable.”

I like the cold fusion comedy concept, and the sarcastic game title, animations and graphics look a bit clumsy, but overall it’s one of the more interesting games in development.

Okay, so this one has been released today.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1439310/If_Fusion_Were_That_Easy/
If anyone plays it in the near future, let us know about your impressions about the game.

What I said in the last sentence last time is how I still feel about the game, obviously not having played it a single second yet, but looking at the information there is about the game.

I do wonder what “2½ playable characters” means, as the description on Steam page says…
Laughing

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New trailer for detective adventure game, Between Horizons, by the devs that did Lacuna. I like the look of this and the mechanics are up my alley.

Features
A New Kind of Experience: Between Horizons merges investigative-style gameplay with a branching sci-fi story in an ever-expanding Metroidvania-style environment.

Solving Cases for Yourself: The flexible evidence system lets players assign clues to cases, confront ship denizens about them, and submit any case with evidence players have connected to it. Everything found on the ship is connected, but figuring out how — that’s the challenge.

At What Cost?: Underneath the game’s exciting and plausible sci-fi plot lies a number of thought-provoking problems inviting players to weigh intergenerational responsibility against personal freedom.

Getting New Perspective: Timeless pixel art mixed with 3D environments and compelling visual effects come together in Between Horizons, creating a unique, beautiful art style.

Failure is Very Much an Option: There are no second chances — submitting wrong solutions means the story will go on and players live with the consequences. A new and improved auto-save system will make sure there is no going back, as the story branches and endings are based on player decisions, none of which can be taken back.

Going off the description this is actually very similar in mechanics to some of the Japanese games I listed in the thread about deduction based games. I always like when a mystery game has real stakes, so in this context I like the idea of being forced to live with your choices.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

That looks very cool. I liked Lacuna a lot and this looks like a spiritual sequel of sorts. The graphical upgrade is sure to get more players and hopefully they can improve on everything else.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 1788

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

A bit earlier in this thread I mentioned a Kickstarter I backed named 3 Minutes To Midnight. Like many developments Covid hit it hard and it’s way behind its expected release date but I had an update on it today which makes for interesting reading. If Scarecrow Studio pull of what they’ve been working on then this should be one hell of a game - 8 endings, 40 hours gameplay and loads more.

Full details here:

3 Minutes To Midnight Kickstarter

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I backed it too and I am very excited about it. We have very few adventure games companies in Spain, and this one looks promising!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Digging this thread out as well. In order not to post a gigantic list of all the games I’m EXCITED about, I prefer to post those that are scheduled in the upcoming month. But since it’s almost middle of March already – here are the games I’m looking forward to through April:

1.Storyteller (March 23rd).
Cute puzzle game about how you can write and re-write classic stories (or parodies of them) however you want, or, in order to win the level, specific requirements. You use words and characters that you can put in any order to get some hilarious results. Unfortunately, demo doesn’t seem to be available anymore, but I had a blast with this one, plus it was challenging enough to have a purpose beyond mere giggles.

2. Murderous Muses (April 12th)
Part-FMV part-graphical detective adventure from the creators of Shapeshifting Detective. I’m not actually huge on FMV, but something about “haunted art gallery” and murder mystery (and that trailer) got me sold.

3. Nobodies: After Death (April 20th)
This one is actually a mix of regular and casual adventure, or adventure-lite how I call them. It’s the second installment of the game where you clean up bodies after special agents did their dirty work. In the most creative way. Nothing serious or mind-blowing here, just pure fun.  I like the first one a lot.

These three I’ll be getting on the day, but I’d also like to mention Delete After Reading, the second game from the developers of Unmemory, which I personally haven’t played but know that many people enjoyed. So if someone’s curious – their game (made very much in similar manner) comes out in about a day – March 14th.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Total Posts: 2072

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Since “adventure games” became such an all-inclusive genre lately, I might just as well mention this curiosity: an upcoming puzzle platformer It’s a Wrap! that takes place in the 1980s Hollywood. We first set everything up correctly for an action episode as a film director and then try to move through it as a poor actor who gets burned, crushed, electrocuted, etc. whenever we fail. Something like The Incredible Machine meets Braid meets The Lost Vikings. It started as a short freeware game some 2 years ago, now they are completely reworking it into a nice-looking commercial title.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I tried the demo for It’s a Wrap (available on Steam). It was a smooth, fun experience, also the amount of detail (both visual and verbal) they got right when it comes to being on set is pretty incredible, right down to very minor things.

I found the concept interesting as well, but it ended up raising my blood pressure extra high during those platforming sequences and very precise jumps I needed to make, that after replaying it over and over, I realized that it’s something I’d enjoy if I feel like potential heart attack on the side of my fun. Seem to be great game in developing, but I don’t have the patience for platforming parts - I hope you’ll enjoy it better than I did.

Total Posts: 2072

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I also found action parts a bit too frustrating, seems to be a popular opinion. I think I read a reply from one of the developers somewhere where he promised to adjust the difficulty level and controls.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Up until today May didn’t look particularly exciting as far as game releases to me, however, I’ve got three announcements at once this morning, and now May seem to be very busy with games I’m looking forward to coming out. Not complaining.

1. STASIS: BONE TOTEM that has a separate page here going, and I know many people are looking forward to it. Not much to add besides that demo is on Steam, and it’sawesome.

2. Planetof Lana
Adventure/puzzle/platformer along the likes of Limbo and Inside as far as mechanics, just in a much more colorful world and actual story and lore, and studio Ghibli-like graphics. Demo is available on Steam. The fact that it’s hand-painted makes it even more promising.

3. The Tartarus Key. This is an adventure with psychological horror aesthetic and focus on puzzles with PS1-inspired graphics (that have become extra trendy in the past couple of years for some reasons. For now I’m still a fan). Demo is available on Steam. I like the premise and what I’ve seen from the puzzles in it.  This will probaly look weird as hell for majority of people here, but I love indie adventures and tend to play a lot of them, so I thought it will be no harm mentioning some odd titles on occasion.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-05-04

PM

Hi Guys,my name is Roberto Lombardo, I am a former member of an Italian software house that developed videogames for Microids/Nintendo from the 90s/2000s and employed in the IT sector.
In the (little) free time I founded a small team called Darkkenda 1930 with which I designed and am creating a Monkey Island-style graphic adventure, horror style and inspired by the great H.P. Lovecraft, set in the 30s.
We will launch the kickstarter of the game, initially the game will be on mobile and PC, to arrive later, goal permitting, on Nintendo Switch, PS4/5 and ....Game Boy Color/Advance, exactly 🙂 just the old Nintendo consoles on which I developed at the time, with the company 7Th Sense, The Fish Files and The new Addams Family Series, on behalf of Microids.

Thanks to everyone for the support!

LINK to the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wine/at-the-sea-of-madness

Roberto Lombardo
Game Designer
http://www.robylombardo.it

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

evan619 - 04 May 2023 04:56 AM

LINK to the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wine/at-the-sea-of-madness

Will the music be done by Iron Maiden?  Laughing

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top