• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Legend of Skye - Out now!!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Purchased! I hope to start playing sometime this week.

Good luck and congratulations on releasing your game. It certainly looks good!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Thanks for your support! Smile

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Thank you for this game. I’m having so much fun with it.

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Thank you for your support!

I do not miss the opportunity to ask you for a review in the store where you purchased it. If you like the game you will help me a lot!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Sure.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I am several hours in and enjoying this game *a lot*.
The characters and the little scenes they inhabit are charming, the script is sharp, witty, genuinely funny without trying too hard. Simple but good story. The puzzle balance is spot on so far: Challenging like in the good old days, but I’m never tempted to look at a walk through because I know if I look a little closer at each screen and/or think a little more, I’ll find the key that’ll help me progress. Also very well-layered puzzle inter-dependency.

Seeing Snoopy in the bakery was just icing on the cake.

The English translation of the script could use some cleaning up, but it’s lightyears ahead of many other independent - and even more professional! - games that I’ve played lately.

Highly recommended. I don’t think it’s going to blow you away, but it’s an incredibly charming game to get cozy with, and if the quality sustains, it’ll be one of the better adventure games I’ve played in years.

I think I’ve still got a looooong way to go ‘til the end, but so far so good!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Thanks for your comment Baron_Blubba!

I’m glad you noticed the Snoopy detail.  Laughing

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I finished the game today. It was engrossing to the point where I’d try to come up with possible solutions to the puzzles while riding my bike or attempting to drift off to sleep. And sometimes I’d even almost somnambulate to the computer in the middle of the night to see if my half-dream answers were correct.
I got ‘stuck’ many times, but never resorted to a walk through or hint; the solution always came to me (or I lucked into it) eventually.
Obviously, I enjoyed the game a lot, and plan to write a thorough review soon.
Until then, anyone who enjoys a challenging and funny adventure game (but not trying-too-hard funny like so many other games) will enjoy this.

Thanks a lot, Carles; I hope to play the sequel that’s hinted at in the credits soon, where the archer tries to visit Skye’s world in order to find her. Also, I laughed so hard at what happens when you feed the baker the mushrooms. The best scene in the game, and the player can miss it entirely!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-08-15

PM

Thanks Baron_Blubba, I’ll be happy to read your review. I’m also glad you went through it without looking at the guide at any time, I think that’s when you enjoy those kind of games the most. I’m glad that people find the puzzles difficult but fair and that they can solve them without help.

Well, I’m already working on the next project, which is announced within the game itself.

For me the funniest scene is when Skye tells Finn to freeze her in a block of chocolate. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top