• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 27 July 2022 06:29 PM

I have no clue as to whether I’m doing stuff in the right order. I’ve already got three saves overwriting old saves, since it seems like I will have to redo some things if I miss something.

Right order? There is no such thing. You do things as you find them. For example, in my case the egg was the last thing I picked up. In your case from what I understand it was the first thing you did. Don’t worry about that.

And if you miss something essential I don’t think the game will let you advance, unless it’s something totally secondary. There’s no need to redo anything except out of sheer curiosity. I don’t think it’s a game with dead ends.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tenebra - 27 July 2022 08:04 PM

Right order? There is no such thing.

Good to know. But I still don’t think there are any clues as to what you should be doing. I think we are entering MYST territory.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 526

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

rtrooney - 27 July 2022 08:42 PM
Tenebra - 27 July 2022 08:04 PM

Right order? There is no such thing.

Good to know. But I still don’t think there are any clues as to what you should be doing. I think we are entering MYST territory.

Yes. But we probably already entered MYST territory back in Chapter 1 when we opened that 300 page journal with terrible handwriting which took 30 minutes to read.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 27 July 2022 08:42 PM

Really? I am surprised, for me it has been clear what we have to do. From the main objective to what to do in these chapters. Basically to see why our hydrofloat stopped and how to continue the journey. Now if you talk specifically what to do there are clues both in the handwritten notebook and in the tapestry found in the village, in chapter 5.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 4282

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

rtrooney - 27 July 2022 06:29 PM

now I’m wondering if there is a way to simply copy save game files to a flash drive. That way I could have an unlimited number of saves should I need them.

Hmmm… That’s a good idea. Why didn’t I think of it?

Just kidding - since the earliest times of my adventure gamer’s career I made a habit of saving often and keeping saved games for the next time I whirl an adventure.
Amerzone is no exception and I’ve already got forty-odd saved games.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Will be lagging for at least three days. Some minor surgery tomorrow. Will catch up when I can.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5617

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I hope all goes well for you, RT.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Good luck with cashectomy! Grin

mjp

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 28 July 2022 09:50 PM

I hope all goes well for you, RT.

Everything went fine. It was a skin cancer surgery. It was my 14th, so I am familiar with the procedure. Fortunately none have been melanoma-related. When I was very young, my dear departed mother would often urge me to go out a play in the sun thinking that it was good for me. So I’m paying the price 60+ years later.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

60+ years before the ozone layer hadn’t been completely shot to pieces (by our species), so I reckon your mother was right in those times.

It’s good your operation went well, though.

mjp

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@rtrooney: good to hear you’ll live to play another day. I’ve been meaning to ask how your wife has been recovering, now seems as good a time as any.

I remember that puzzle from Timelapse, by the way. A game I never finished, unfortunately. Might get back to it. I remember it had very challenging puzzles - quite satisfying once solved, but giving away very little when you got stuck. The arrow aiming mechanic was one of the latter. I think getting past it might even have been a lucky shot.

In this game, I’m at chapter 5 now. There are a lot more puzzles in this game than I expected going in. I love some of the graphics. Reminds me of Riven here and there.

The voice acting is.. interesting. Sometimes it sounds as if the actors are slowly eating the microphone. I have no idea where the accents are going or where they’re coming from. I can decipher most of it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

In Timelapse, after more than 100 tries, I was ready to shoot the man who kept telling me to shoot straight when the wind blows.  Fortunately, there is an easy cheat which I stumbled across in my desperation.  All you have to do is walk backwards along the path to the cave.  When you turn around, the door will be open.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If possible, I’d like to move on to the last 2 chapters of the game tomorrow.  Let me know where you are if you haven’t done so already.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am where I am when I last posted. I.e. Somewhere in the middle of Chapter 5. Might have a chance to finish the chapter by the end of the weekend.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve reached the beginning of Chapter 6 so ready to move on - I just haven’t had time to post any comments yet.  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top