• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Wow! Thats an awesome link. Thanks-so sorry for taking this long to check it out!

Last year I moved houses, and have been wanting to redo my new office for a while. I decided that I needed some really cool images framed and on the wall…things I could look at and be inspired by! But it had to be related to STASIS. This room is, after all, where STASIS is being born…

Each image took roughly a day to produce (over nights after work), and feature assets that are built for the game. I think this also gives a good idea about how detailed the assets are! You are also getting your first real look at John Maracheck, and the Plug Suit.

Originally, I was going to have writing on them, but honestly, I think that the images speak for themselves.

When they are printed, and block mounted, I will take some photos of the office for you guys to see where the magic happens. Until then, I hope that you enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed creating them!

-Chris

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

where is the like button when you need it Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Maracheck is like a rundown Commander Shepard. I like! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Thanks guys! I actually looked at the Mass Effect marketing images for inspiration on the general design of the images…glad it was picked up!

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

awesome pics, when can I buy the game ? Smile

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

Pyke - 03 April 2013 10:47 AM

Ill just leave this here….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GUUNCsQ5RfE

Pyke, just one word for this… WOW! Gahhh…. I would really like to wath the full thing right now, but I’ll just have to wait until tonight!

I haven’t checked your website in ages… are the newsletters already working?

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

The news letters are working…I just haven’t sent one out yet. Grin I have one written, I just don’t want to spam people!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

great stuff. i’m getting more hyped about this game than most of this year’s kickstarter campaigns. it sums up ideally what I want to see in a game. At least in terms of visual presentation: design, ui, atmosphere.

I’m also very amazed by the 1000 Years Later tech demo. Real pleasure for the eye. I hope it ends up as one of your next projects. It will be a true successor to fallout 1 and 2.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pyke - 03 April 2013 11:20 AM

The news letters are working…I just haven’t sent one out yet. Grin I have one written, I just don’t want to spam people!

As long as it’s not on a daily basis: spam away! Wink

But then again, my current cycle of “hey, I haven’t checked the STASIS site in a few weeks - ooh, a new blog entry!” is working well, too… Tongue

Will definitely check out the full video!

badlemon - 03 April 2013 12:03 PM

It will be a true successor to fallout 1 and 2.

Not a fan of Bethesda’s installments?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pyke, you’re definitely referencing the correct titles when it comes to sci-fi art and set design, imo.
The Event Horizon is one of the creepiest spaceships ever and the set design does a lot more for the atmosphere than the actual in-movie horror does. And the other movies you mention had a great interior design for spaceships as well (Sunshine, for instance).

The more I read on your blog, and hear in interviews, and see in the game-footage, the more I think you’re making all the right references and using all the right inspirations for this game.

Really liking the graphics, and that tunnel cart ride looked really great!

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

TimovieMan - 03 April 2013 12:15 PM

Not a fan of Bethesda’s installments?

well… sort of. generally I think Bethesda made a really good game. It captured the fallout outlook in a nice way and transformed it well into a 3d world with a first person perspective. But the feeling I got while playing the game wasn’t anywhere near what I felt from fallout 1 and 2. And of course we’re not talking about nostalgia. Fallout 3 is very different in terms of writing, difficulty, freedom of choice, atmosphere and visual appearance. I can talk about it for hours but I’ll just mention my major disappointments: huge downgrade in the humor of the game; huge downgrade in the gameplay (at a certain point I was able to skill myself in almost all fields and therefore I was unstoppable. That was impossible in the previous games. You were able to specialize in two or three fields only and these choices affect the whole gameplay); lack of turn based combat (I always prefer that in an rpg); the appearance of the game looks kind of… polished and fancy. In my mind Fallout is rusty, brownish and has this sense of decay. And it’s not that it’s just lowres. Pyke’s atmosphere for example is very rich in detail. But it somehow gives you the impression of decay, solitude and claustrophobia.

Sorry for the offtopic Smile

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

If I move onto 1KL, the setting would change a bit from the ‘pure’ post apocalyptic thing. I would imagine it would be like a Cyberpunk’esk Post Apocalyptic Western. Yeah…that works!

The tunnel tram ride is awesome. I know it sounds like I’m blowing my own horn-but it took FOREVER to get it to work (its only 25 frames long), with the memory restrictions and stuff-but it is bad ass!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Pyke - 04 April 2013 03:40 AM

If I move onto 1KL, the setting would change a bit from the ‘pure’ post apocalyptic thing. I would imagine it would be like a Cyberpunk’esk Post Apocalyptic Western. Yeah…that works!

The tunnel tram ride is awesome. I know it sounds like I’m blowing my own horn-but it took FOREVER to get it to work (its only 25 frames long), with the memory restrictions and stuff-but it is bad ass!

Yeah and thanks for mentioning Pandorum in one of your interview, great overlooked SciFi film, with amazing twist in the end, if you have more like those please let us know Smile.

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

There is an awesome french film called CARGO, and one called Dante 01 which is awesome.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top