• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielLuki Sumilo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

STASIS

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Pyke man so great to see you get front page coverage on the site today. 70% eh? I’m starting to get pretty excited;
is GOG a set thing, or just an idea you had (it was mentioned in the article.) Either way, I commend your focus on the game right now; when you have a finished product, Greenlight and things like that will be there. People will upvote the game to no end when they see it is complete, too.

Good luck in the final stretch man!

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Looks great, and like an insane amount of work to do by yourself! What engine are you using?

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

donatelli,

The GOG thing isnt completely set in stone. We have been actively emailing each other, but I havent yet given them a playable build to check. The artist in me doesnt yet want anyone playing STASIS until its absolutely perfect!

GOG also really liked to have lots of value added items for their downloads.
Wallpapers, OST’s, etc, and I would really like to do something special for them.

I was actually talking to my brother today about what I would do with regards to a physical boxed edition of STASIS…do you guys have any ideas?

Adventure,

Thanks man. Its been a wild ride, and there is still a ton to do!

Software wise Im using VISIONIARE for the game (from The Whispered World, and Deponia).
For the graphics its 3DSMax, with Vray for rendering, and Paintshop Pro for all my texture work.
Post production and cinematics are all done in After Effects, and Sony Vegas.
Sound design is done with FL Studio, and Audacity.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Sounds good, looking forward to it. Love the Sanitarium/Event Horizon vibe.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

what do you mean ideas?ideas about who to approach for talks about the boxed edition?

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

Ideas on what you guys would like to see in a boxed edition…

Posters, etc

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i don’t really use posters but for wallpapers i’d like something like the visuals for Dog from Cypher:A text Adventure but for Maracheck.you know….a concept art kind of vibe with a close up for Maracheck.that would be cool!!i guess it can work in posters too.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Great atmosphere, too bad cannot play it this halloween.

Character is hardly visible in dark areas, i would suggest a flashlight on chest like Silenthill or recent Lone survivor or some thing like Deadspace visor or Health bar strip.

Any word on beta???

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

gorgeous

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

nomadsoul - 20 November 2012 09:33 AM

Great atmosphere, too bad cannot play it this halloween.

Character is hardly visible in dark areas, i would suggest a flashlight on chest like Silenthill or recent Lone survivor or some thing like Deadspace visor or Health bar strip.

Any word on beta???

Im sure I can swindle something… Wink

Internal BETA is running at the moment with my testers ‘on site’. Later on, I will see about running an online testing phase.

badlemon - 20 November 2012 10:46 AM

gorgeous

Thanks! Grin

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Hey! I’ve been watching your work for some time and it’s getting great. Very doozy. Looking forward to it.

Just some quick feedback:

-There is no animation when the character changes direction, he just flicks into the new direction. Kind of odd…

-The dialog box is looking too flat. It could use some artwork like an elaborated frame around it.

Joined 2010-12-09

PM

I did some experiments with getting the character to ‘turn’. I got it working at a scripting level, but it kept breaking, causing the character to spaz out and just rotate around and around. I think that the guys at Visionaire are looking into implementing something like that with the 3D part of the engine-but for now sue to engine limitations, we are going to be ‘stuck’ with it the way it is!

I was actually looking at redoing the dialog boxes to make them even LESS intrusive. I kinda don’t want to draw any extra attention to them, hense my desision to make it that you can still walk around while the dialogues are going on, so the conversations just feel ‘part’ of the world. It all goes hand in hand with my interface design philosophy of trying to keep things as ‘invisible’ as possible (with things like having an intuitive single click interface, not clicking to open the inventory-but just hovering over the part of the screen, etc).

I will play around a bit more, and see if adding a border adds anything, or takes it away.

Thanks for the feedback!

-C

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I like the interface very much. The subtle dialog and “look at” box doesn’t bug me at all. Moreover, it adds to that fallout-ish feel I have when I watch the videos and screenshots. It feels really optional that way and gives you the freedom to chose whether to concentrate on it or on different things.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Came across this amazing DeadSpace artist, his artworks of Ship interiors are atmospheric, also on page 1 there are cool planetcracking works of preproduction phase showing some lifestyle of engineers and all.

I thought interiors will help your designing

http://www.perdador.com/deadspace2.html

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Man that artist’s site just looks terrible, but the work is just spectacular. My Designer side is dreading looking at it!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top