• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest For Infamy - PLAYABLE DEMO now available!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

jaap - 07 June 2012 08:18 AM

I have the exact same problem for all AGS games I play using my system (Acer laptop with Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit SP1. Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz, 12.0 GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6850M). I even posted at the AGS forum, and as far as i know, there is no solution. The games are still playable and enjoyable though :)

Indeed! What I meant is that it becomes too frustrating after a while. But the games are fully playable, of course. And as I said, this only happened to some games for me, and changing Graphic Driver somehow fastened the process (at least for now). There are still some lags though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Downloading the demo now. I like these smaller projects.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Thanks, millenia!  I hope you enjoy the demo.  Remember, there’s so much more coming in the full game!

Bt

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Download in progress!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I love Quest for Glory too much not to back this. And the demo was generally nice; I ended up on the Sorcerer path (as usual), but I’ll play again to try the other two classes. In any case, it was really fun, and it felt great to play a villain for a change. I hope the game doesn’t do like Kyrandia 3 and decide to go for a sappy ending where the villain is actually not half as villainous as people thought.

I especially liked Roehm and Prospero: the writing, character design and voice acting for them were great. Same for the narrator. There were some things I was unhappy with: the combat system made no sense to me (the first time around, I clicked random buttons and got killed; the second time, I did much the same and won almost without a scratch), the background art is generally not up to the level of the fantastic portraits (in many locations, the perspective is so wrong it made my head hurt), and, oh God, WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE STRANGLE THAT STUPID CROW!!!

Hopefully, these things will get improved by the time the game is released. And, first things first, hopefully it’ll get funded!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-04-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 June 2012 02:29 PM

I love Quest for Glory too much not to back this. And the demo was generally nice; I ended up on the Sorcerer path (as usual)

Yeah I did the same. Didn’t even realise the other 2 classes were in the demo Smile

I especially liked Roehm and Prospero: the writing, character design and voice acting for them were great. Same for the narrator.

Those voices were great. Actually they looked like they were by the same guy? Only one I didn’t really like was Kit, the barmaid (but she looked super cute). Are these the final voices though I wonder..?

There were some things I was unhappy with: the combat system made no sense to me

Yeah that was a bit random. I kind of wish it was like QFG2 combat.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hey guys!

Yeah - you know as a demo, many elements will change for the final game.  Actually, heh, we’ve already been working on improving the combat engine.  I played it this morning, and really enjoyed it!

This is just a demo, meant to show you a bit of what the final game could look like - which is why we’re trying to raise a budget via Kickstarter to polish those rough edges! 

Bt

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

I’m impressed by this as a demo/proof-of-concept, but I already love QfG and have a sense of what the game’s trying to do. If I hadn’t played QfG already, I don’t think this would given me a sense of the game’s potential. Even as a QfG veteran who’s played every route of every game, I’m a little leery about the pacing.

What slows the demo down, I think, is that there are too many event triggers to trip before it goes anywhere, and not enough fun stuff happens when you’re wandering around the town trying to find everyone to talk to. Even if it’s technically cool and makes me - as a QfG fanatic - want to see more, I don’t know how someone who’d never played QfG, and isn’t already well-disposed to IA for their fan efforts, would respond to it.

The anti-hero’s voice acting is fantastic, and there are some wonderful character portraits and promising interface choices. The main character has personality, and isn’t too over-the-top; he’s someone I could spend time with for the length of a game.

But the required and easily-missed convo in the graveyard is particularly bad, as is the fact that there’s no hint that the town square is not an accessible location from the start.

The weird “find a non-metal container for the blood” puzzle on the sorcerer path, where you have to train climbing to have a chance of getting the glass if you didn’t pick it up earlier, also breaks the flow. There are two bottles sitting in plain view on the same screen as the head, and only the PC’s objection to the smell makes it impossible to take them, even if there’s a river nearby to wash them out in. Adding a “pick up the bottles and wash them out in the river” option would be a little less maddening.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Hey! Good to see you are on a new project. Just played a bit of the demo, it’s looking great!

Just have a quick small feedback for streamlining the interface. When you hover the mouse over the interactions icons, there could have some animation on them or make them stand out or something, this is pretty standard behavior. And when you click the walk icon, it shows a sub menu. If all you want is walk around (like me) you’d have to click twice every time. A right-button click or a smaller button at the side to show the sub-menu could be easier for the player.

Best of luck!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-06-26

PM

Looks like the Infamous Adventures guys decided to put up their own Quest for Infamy game on Kickstarter.
There’s a short demo there that shows off a quest for each class, the city and some NPCs.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

There is a thread about it here - http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/229/

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hey guys -

We’re cruising along on our Kickstarter - and we’ve made several important stretch goals already!  If you haven’t checked out the demo yet, grab it at http://www.questforinfamy.com - we’ve got a bunch of fun and cool stuff planned over the next week and a half.  We appreciate all the support we’ve gotten from fans here!  We’re all just totally psyched to be making this game.

Thanks to all!

Bt

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

Game is looking good, I’m on board. Kudos!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I got stuck in this really fast, will need to try again at some point Grin. Arago- ehm.. Roehm seems like a decent character as well as the others.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Heh - any questions, feel free to ask me.  If you’re stuck, try talking to everyone about town, and just outside of town.  Make sure to visit the fish pond and talk to Brattle, the fisherman!  Talk to Udo at his booth, Jan inside the gates.  Kurdt in the tavern.  Prospero in his shop and Ian in the graveyard!

Also, I’ve got a video - Meet Team Infamy!

You may have seen My mug talking and yapping away about QFI, but meet the rest of Team Infamy!  These fine folks have made this game possible…. so get to know them better!

Thanks to all the support we’ve gotten from fans here!  I really appreciate it, and so does all of Team Infamy!

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top