• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What TV Show Would Make a Great Adventure Game?

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

Well according to an interview; the original plan for 7th Guest, when they were experimenting with the technology, was to make a Twin Peaks game. The show was really big at the time, and it would’ve been great

Similarly the last time I played Return to Zork I was struck by the Twin Peaks influences. A lot of the story was about this off beat American style small town with it’s eccentric characters struck by this dark mysterious evil which haunted dreams.

It’s not going to be a popular choice but Macgyver would be an obvious one for me. I’ve only seen one or two episodes but I remember watching the one with Brian Blessed, watching the hero repatedly combine objects and thinking ‘This is basically a filmed adventure game’

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Family Guy.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I’d still love to see a decent Game of Thrones/A Song of ice and Fire game worthy of the show/books. With the adventure genre I think this is possible. It’d have to be a Heavy Rain/Walking Dead kind of game with a heavy emphasis on interactive narative and character development rather than solving puzzles. But I think this would be absolutely terrific. of course it’ll probably never happen. Bacause Game of Thrones is fantasy and for most fantasy equals RPG. Still it’s nice to day dream about.

Also I would love to see a Silent Witness adventure game. Silent Witness like CSI is a aseries with a heavy emphasis on forensics so the puzzles are basically there for the taking. Where Silent Witness differs from CSI though is in it’s deep storylines, well developed characters and often philophical undertones. So rather than a quick bite and we’re back on our way kind of CSI game this would have to be be a deep, slow paced, well written thriller.

And finally I just have to nominate Fringe I felt the final season was absolutely terrific but there was so much more of the future timeline that I would’ve liked to see. Would’ve liked to learn. So I’d like to see a game based on Fringe’s final season where you can further explore the future world while also involving an epic, save the world storyline. Perhaps set slightly before the Fringe crew arrived with Etta as the player character

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

MacGyver.

Total Posts: 1801

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m a little surprised no-one has mentioned The A Team. Think of all the fun puzzles you could have making up daft machinery. You could control a different character for different problems. You could take part in imbecilic plots. Ok, perhaps that last one needs revisiting with a decent script writer Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I agree with Quantum Leap, modern Sherlock and Firefly (at least). I’d add Babylon 5 and The Dresden Files which both have a very nice mythos and possibility for investigative gameplay.

Star Trek already has adventure games and I guess Twin Peaks is a given, in a way it has been used in AGs though I definitely wouldn’t mind an actual TP game.

Gray Pierce’s suggestions are also nice. GoT, Silent Witness and Fringe. Though I wouldn’t go for the 5th season in Fringe (not that it sucked or I wouldn’t play the game), I’d prefer jumping between the two parallel universes. It would definitely have to have Walter in it, the best character ever.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Oh, I forgot to mention the obvious TV show, South Park. But, then again, they’re already making an RPG of it, so maybe that’s close enough.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Terramax - 23 June 2013 10:08 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention the obvious TV show, South Park. But, then again, they’re already making an RPG of it, so maybe that’s close enough.

The problem is, like with any adventure game, the material has to be really great for it to work. And from what I’ve seen lately of SP it’s been poor compared with the early episodes. This is a problem with any TV adaptation. Somehow Star Trek got it right; most don’t. So I think it should be done while the show is “in form” and by the same writers.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Those Star Trek adventure games are pretty damned good. The whole episodic structure worked nicely and it was nice to have the original cast to reprise their roles. Here’s for hoping GOG can get them re-released, but I’d guess they’re behind a thick wall of rights issues.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

An Alan Partridge adventure game would be the greatest thing ever.

That, or Arrested Development where you get to pick 3 characters at the start of the game and follow their stories. Replay value! 

A-ha!

Or Jeeves and Wooster.

Any of those will do.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

Freddy’s Nightmares.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I randomly had the idea of Twin Peaks’ 3rd season being done by Telltale, and thought that was a pretty creative idea.  Then I see many people already suggested a Twin Peaks game in this thread.  :p

But I still think that would be cool.  Fans always wanted a 3rd season, and continuing it in video game form is one of the most sensible ways.  Plus since it’s set after the show it’d allow for branching narrative much more so than if they started from the beginning. 

In a similar vein of continuing prematurely cancelled cult TV shows, Carnivale would be amazing.  Seems a lot more likely than Twin Peaks too, since it’s hard to see David Lynch being involved with a video game.  Plus the creator of Carnivale (Daniel Knauf) has always wanted to finish the story as it was planned out for a full 6 seasons, but hasn’t been allowed to because HBO is holding onto the rights.  And since Telltale is now working with HBO on Game of Thrones, it all seems to fit!  Sign Daniel Knauf now, Telltale!

I also really like the Quantum Leap idea people have mentioned.  That’d be loads of fun.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

It’s cool that you asked for Game of Thrones before it was announced, Mr. Pierce.  No wonder you were so happy!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top