• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Koalabs - incorporating Kheops Studios?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2012-06-04

PM

I was wondering what became of Kheops Studios, one of the greatest adventure game producers ever imo. Such a unique user interface that ran through all their games. There is nothing more that seems to be coming from the studio, their last production was the Fall Trilogy 2009, 2010, 2011.

I’m wondering if they are now part of Koalabs.

Koalabs is bringing out Dracula 4 Shadow of the Dragon.

Dracula 3 - The Path of the Dragon was made by Kheops.

Koalabs say Dracula 4 follows on from 3 but isn’t actually a sequel.

Koalabs is a french company as is/was Kheops.

Both companies are connected with Microids.

So is this what has happened to Kheops? Anyone in the know?

First registered in 2005. Original creator of: Place that Quote! - Adventure Game Sounds - Decipher the Anagram! - Name that Inventory! - A Face to Place!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The two game leads of Dracula 4 worked on such games as Atlantis, Secrets of Da Vinci, Nostradamus… by Cryo/Kheops. So, yes, perhaps this could be some form of a “continuation” like Kheops continued Cryo’s work (meaning many people switched to the new company). I’m glad to see Kheops’ folks involved in new games as French companies have fallen behind German developers in recent years.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2010-09-04

PM

I would also like some definite answers. And I agree, they were the best current developers of adventure games, until they did that only OK casual series. But their games were always too expensive, I own very very few of them. If they could of got on Steam, and charged competitive prices, and had a few 70% off bundles, at least on sale sometimes, I would’ve happily gave them $40 or something like that for their catalogue. Meanwhile they try to get top market price for every single one of their games, and never have a sale of bundle ever and who is going spend hundreds of dollars when you could buy every adventure game on Gamersgate for that.

Now their website does not exist, and I think that means that they have went the way of the dodo, clubbed to death by a bunch of philistines. The russian wikipedia credits them with Dracula 4, and the game shares some interface similarities, but at the same time it plays and looks like a crappy and buggy knock off of a Kheops game, and obviously does not use its engine.

Well at least I still have a backlog of like half of their games to play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top