• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Vampyre Story: Year One - Kickstarter Launched

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Some folks in the “Comments” section, and also Mixnmojo think this is the campaign for the first episode only (Spring) which would explain the $8 pledge.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5613

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was all set to pledge, but they only plan to make it for PCs and portables.  Oh well!  If they eventually port it to Mac OSX, I’ll buy it then.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Quite a jump from first tier to second. It looks this one might have hard time to reach its target.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

why Mona’s voice (English-French accent) sound strange for my ears .. she sounds a bit aged or lets say it sounds like more of a Soprano (tone) than the Tenor voice i heard/used-to at the original (1st) AVS

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

It’s not the same actress. I’m not sure if this one will be doing the voiceovers for the full game, but they will be changing Mona’s voice for Year One. They know the first one grated on a few too many people.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jackal - 01 June 2013 12:56 PM

They know the first one grated on a few too many people.

(Significant) part of the game’s charm, IMO. It will be interesting to hear others thoughts in the Community Playthrough, but I don’t think there’re many people who’ll like the game and still hate the voice acting. (and I don’t think the voice acting alone should put off someone from playing the game)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If this is just the kickstarter for the first part of a four part game it’s very poorly put together. That information isn’t clear at all. Hopefully Tiller and co. will shed some light on this sooner rather than later.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 01 June 2013 01:08 PM
Jackal - 01 June 2013 12:56 PM

They know the first one grated on a few too many people.

(Significant) part of the game’s charm, IMO. It will be interesting to hear others thoughts in the Community Playthrough, but I don’t think there’re many people who’ll like the game and still hate the voice acting. (and I don’t think the voice acting alone should put off someone from playing the game)

Good point Diego but ,considering the song she sang at the start of AVS with her voice (her singing criteria was Sparano definitely ) conflits with current voice actor as every opera singer has a natural voice that represents the her/his range and with this voice at the KS’s Video(year one) it would be veeeery Goofy if she sang with that tenor tone ...
Picky ?!  maybe

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I don’t think the voice acting alone should put off someone from playing the game

It did for me. I do want to give it another chance before Year One comes out though.

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I don’t think there’re many people who’ll like the game and still hate the voice acting. (and I don’t think the voice acting alone should put off someone from playing the game)

Totaly agree. The fact that it gathered THAT many votes (even CCS was voted with less…), certainly means something. That not only many people believe the amazing graphics, the characters, the concept, the music and (why not?) the humour can bypass any flaw, but also that there are people (like me) who believe the voice acting was not that bad after all…

P.S. People complain about the voice acting being bad. The voice acting changes. People complain because the voice acting changes. I hope we don’t drive Bill Tiller mad… Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 01 June 2013 02:33 PM

P.S. People complain about the voice acting being bad. The voice acting changes. People complain because the voice acting changes. I hope we don’t drive Bill Tiller mad… Tongue

If that would have any referance to my post Sefir .. i just need to clarify that it was suggesting that i like Mona Voice acting at AVS , i even remember making a thread talking about that autumn moon with AVS ,GPoVI to prove to have the best voice acting in the scene .
and if ppl always complain generally i guess this the way it is and always .. and when i mentioned the new voice for Mona i was just making a point (as a Sound.Eng) that they had chosen a total different voice (actor) range , if they did this out of the complaint they gotten then at least they would had brought someone better but not necessarily the opposite

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

millenia - 31 May 2013 04:42 AM

I’ll see if I pledge after the community playthrough.

Me too
Edit: Ahh what the h…, just pledged the lower tier, then i can always decide if i want to increase it after the playthrough.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh dear, this is not going as well as it should. I hope they have some good press incoming. It seems to be rather slow for other adventures too and there is always a spike in the end but it’s very possible that this one doesn’t make it.

Even though A Vampyre Story so far isn’t my favourite game, it still has plenty of good elements and I pledged for Year One now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

This isn’t going as well as I had hoped. I really enjoyed the first game, and thought this would make it to their goal, but, it is looking bleak now. Do they need to advertise more?  dunno what would help.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah it unfortunately doesn’t seems like its going to make it, at least not unless some miracle happens.

But i have been wrong before i also didn’t think AR-K would make it, but AR-K had about 115$ as the average pledge, for AVS it is only about 45$. Some might increase their pledge at the last minute, but most likely not to the level of AR-K.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top