• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nine Noir Lives Review/playthrough

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I just bought the game for 9.99, it is 50 percent off. I tried the demo and enjoyed it, even though there was a bit too much talking, but the voice acting overall was nice. My next game was either going to be this or owlsgurad but since that game is so expensive, nine noir lives won out , based on its sale price. As usual, I will post my thoughts as I go. If anybody cares t join me, I would be glad to have you. For the record I do plan on beating gray matter one day, but as of now I dont know when, bc it couldnt hold my attention. I am finally done with final fantasy crisis core reunion and got some time for something new. So here I go…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Please tell me when you start Gray Matter because I want to replay it, I will gladly join.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

diego - 21 February 2023 06:45 PM

Please tell me when you start Gray Matter because I want to replay it, I will gladly join.

I will, but im like 80 percent done with gray matter

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I just got to the crime scene in 9 noir lives. Game looks very nice and characters are charming. Puzzles are very few so far and just meh.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Is it funny?

AKA Charo

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Charophycean - 21 February 2023 09:21 PM

Is it funny?

Yes… but not as funny as it thinks it is, if that makes sense. The voice acting of the lead helps sell the jokes. Although the recording qualities is hit and miss, sometimes it sounds like the actor is very far away from the microphone and other times it’s perfect. so that is a little jarring.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

I really enjoyed that game. Puzzles are not hard at all, some timed puzzles though.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Well according to steam I played for a little under 4 hours, and now I have switched characters to the main character’s secretary. The dialogue is funny and Charming but by God does it go on and on forever. This game really needed a editor. The puzzles are not hard but they are not terrible either, my only problem is they have very little to do with the actual investigation of the crime scene. it’s more like busy work which is odd. For instance I had to get a cake for a distraction puzzle to look at the dead body… So far I’m still enjoying the game, but it’s far from perfect 7 out of 10 so far.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Played some more, there are a lot of different places to explore, i just solved a series of puzzles involving an actor at a playhouse theatre. Puzzles are still just serviceable, mostly bc they have very little to do with the murder investigation. Also the dialogue is good and mostly funny, but GOES ON WAY TOO LONG. Conversations never end, i started skipping bc of it. Animations are ok, not great but not bad. Background art is nice and very colorful. Overall a 7/10 so far.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

Did you manage to finish the game, Jdawg445?
I’m interested in your final thoughts.
I really enjoyed it though, but I must also say that I haven’t played many games recently, even RTMI.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Gabriel Cash - 04 March 2023 07:41 AM

Did you manage to finish the game, Jdawg445?
I’m interested in your final thoughts.
I really enjoyed it though, but I must also say that I haven’t played many games recently, even RTMI.

Not yet, got busy, picking it back up sometime next week.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Sad news I was going to play the game today and my computer crashed after updating a driver. Luckily I have a system restore point and I am now restoring my computer. hopefully that fixes the issue. But now my time is limited. On the positive side of things I got invited to an early screening of Dungeons and Dragons and I get to see the movie a week ahead of release. I’m actually pretty excited, I think Chris Pine is a very underrated actor.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 16 March 2023 12:15 PM

I’m actually pretty excited, I think Chris Pine is a very underrated actor.

Not to mention that co-director John Francis Daley is a nerd that loves tabletop RPGs, so he’s going to do justice to the source material…
unlike another certain film...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TimovieMan - 17 March 2023 03:50 PM
Jdawg445 - 16 March 2023 12:15 PM

I’m actually pretty excited, I think Chris Pine is a very underrated actor.

Not to mention that co-director John Francis Daley is a nerd that loves tabletop RPGs, so he’s going to do justice to the source material…
unlike another certain film...

Saw the movie. First half was pretty bad and drug. 2nd half was a lot better. Cgi was extremely hit or miss as was the humor. Chris pine was great, but Michelle Rodriguez still cant act a lick at all. 6.5/10

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 19 March 2023 04:49 PM

but Michelle Rodriguez still cant act a lick at all.

Someone hasn’t seen Girlfight, then.  Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

TimovieMan - 19 March 2023 06:19 PM
Jdawg445 - 19 March 2023 04:49 PM

but Michelle Rodriguez still cant act a lick at all.

Someone hasn’t seen Girlfight, then.  Innocent

Nope never seen her in that, I saw her in the first Resident Evil movie, and a couple of The Fast and Furious movies and now this and God she’s awful.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top