• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Silent Sky Part I

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

Haven’t found any feedback about this game yet, though I think it’s a really nice game to talk about.

Simply put the game is a point-and-click adventure and a very simple one at that. The only problem I had with the game is some of the game mechanics are not fully explained to the player. Otherwise the game is pretty easy overall and it doesn’t cause too much trouble.

The game is pretty short, about 2 - 3 hours which makes sense since it is only part 1. But I can safely say that I am definitely intrigued and I am looking forward to the next part since those few hours were enjoyable. If you’re looking for a simple, short, charming, point-and-click adventure game give this one a go, it is definitely worth it.

As a matter of fact, it is on a big 70% discount currently.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1632590/The_Silent_Sky_Part_I/

Has anyone played it?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It looks pretty good. It has two things against it: PART I in the title and a"i wanted to like it” negative steam review flagged as the most helpful.

What about the game got you hooked?

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

True, I didn’t pay much attention to the reviews at first, but I looked at it and I have one thing to say. He had 0.3 hours of playtime at the time of the review. Don’t want to spoil, but he describes quitting the game right before the game even starts. Seems like he didn’t get too far from the intro scene.
But who am I to judge, people love and hate all the time Smile

Why I got so hooked?
There’s an incredible amount of detail in this game. Not only in game-building elements but also in storytelling. The story intrigued me the most, plus the graphics are unique and easy on the eyes, the animations are smooth and the overall sound design including the voice acting is really well done.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

If anything, you’ve made a good case for this game! Smile

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I like the look of it so I’ve taken advantage of the offer. The positive reviews prevail so read all!

Joined 2019-08-12

PM

Just a good tip I found out too late in the game.
Because the game doesn’t really introduce you the mechanics.
The game uses a similar user interface as Broken Sword, so not difficult at all, but make sure you use the “right mouse” click often whereas that is for looking at objects and observing them closer, it can give you sometimes more necessary information, especially on the character if you are lost Wink

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2023-02-18

PM

Hello Adventure Gamers!

I am Kapa, the developer of The Silent Sky (soon to be) series.
I am very grateful that you guys found my game interesting and made a whole thread for it!

Since I am developing that game all by myself and have no one doing marketing for me, (except you guys) also I am very lousy doing marketing, it is so heartwarming to see others posting about my game.

Also since it’s my first game, I really really appreciate your feedback of any kind, good or bad, it really helps to improve me as a developer in this long journey.

I’m glad to discover the Adventure Gamers forum, rather late than never.
Didn’t think the forums are still a thing these days.

Please don’t hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about the game.

I’ll try to keep an eye on this thread and keep you guys up to date with upcoming news right here.

Kapa

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

A review released here already.https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/view/12626

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2023-02-18

PM

Thank you for referring to it, Gabe!
I am also aware of the Adventure Gamers review Ivo requested upon release.
I got already some mistakes and faulty nuances fixed that were pointed out, so the game is much better than before.
And I am still improving it while working on Part II Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top